ADVERTISEMENT

Richlands football coach steps down

I applaud Dempsey, and what he has been able to accomplish. I see him as being a fine man, and a good example to his kids, and I know they are learning the game from Dempsey. With Phil I think all of the above can be said, but I will add Phil pushed winning and was unapologetic about wanting to win. Phil got to be in a real golden era of coaches with Holly at ED, and Lewis at Clinton ( I think sometimes that is missed when talking about eastern football allot). Dempsey is not under any hot seat because SW would not be able to replace him with a better coach, but I will say until he wins the big game he is suspect. Phil in the 90s lost allot of big games with what I saw as better talent, but the SW fans had never seen the big game so it did not matter. Now we have seen championships that is what we want to see again soon!!

Reactions: UNC91
I applaud Dempsey, and what he has been able to accomplish. I see him as being a fine man, and a good example to his kids, and I know they are learning the game from Dempsey. With Phil I think all of the above can be said, but I will add Phil pushed winning and was unapologetic about wanting to win. Phil got to be in a real golden era of coaches with Holly at ED, and Lewis at Clinton ( I think sometimes that is missed when talking about eastern football allot). Dempsey is not under any hot seat because SW would not be able to replace him with a better coach, but I will say until he wins the big game he is suspect. Phil in the 90s lost allot of big games with what I saw as better talent, but the SW fans had never seen the big game so it did not matter. Now we have seen championships that is what we want to see again soon!!

Very true statement.

Very true statement.

I agree too. Coach Padgett and Coach Dempsey are both in similar situations after their first 5 years. I looked up SWOSTALLIONS info from his earlier post. Those stats are correct, per CarolinaPreps. UNC91 and SWOSTALLIONS, hope to see you both out there this year.

I played for Coach Wall and was off at school when Coach Padgett took over, but I have always kept up with the program. I hated hearing how Jay Randall and some of the others didn’t want to give Phil a chance. I’m glad he got the chance to develop as a coach. Coach Dempsey deserves the same chance. Looking forward to this season. SWO, baby!!!!!!

I played for Coach Wall and was off at school when Coach Padgett took over, but I have always kept up with the program. I hated hearing how Jay Randall and some of the others didn’t want to give Phil a chance. I’m glad he got the chance to develop as a coach. Coach Dempsey deserves the same chance. Looking forward to this season. SWO, baby!!!!!!

My point exactly. SWOUnclerico, I like your pic!!! You have all 4 rings?

My point exactly. SWOUnclerico, I like your pic!!! You have all 4 rings?

I wish!!! No, those hands and rings belong to The Voice of the Stallions, Billy Woodward. I do work in the press box with him. Took the pic before a game one night. I’m looking forward to this year. Got a great group of kids coming back!!

SWO, baby!!!!

This has got to be some kind of record!! Longest Richlands football thread EVER!!!
LOL

SWO, baby!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT