ADVERTISEMENT

Richlands football coach steps down

Any applicant MUST come in with a solid plan to beat SWO ..... :eek: They play some pretty tough teams in the Onslow County area.

Reactions: UNC91
One of the better schools in Onslow County. Not the small town local place it was 25 years ago. Coaches haven't stayed long in the past. If they get a winner and give him time, that program will have tons of support.

Article didn't say. I heard up North. Guy has a heck of a resume.

What hahah? Please provide the resume. Richlands look like a middle school team, not even sure this guy even coached before? Ex military man and you can tell....

The guy coached at the Naval Academy, a few other colleges, and several high schools in Fayetteville. I didn't say he was a good coach, I said he had a good resume.

At most schools boys that have a high motor or just an active kid generally gets pointed in the direction of football. At Richlands they for one are taking in a lot of the military transfer lately (Not a bad thing, but most schools get to teach players from middle school on up there way) and transfers that have no idea of a system that Richlands is trying to run (To be honest Richlands has no system, and that is a problem too).

Richlands has shared or missed out on a lot of great high school football players that transfer to neighboring schools who show interest in football. Only school in the area with a #1 NFL pick, and they still don't care about football.

Richlands only cares about beating SWO, and they haven't been able to in 30 years!

Hire Kendrick Burney!!!!!?? I don't know why I did not think of it on first post, but Burney still has enough to set it off over there.

Hire Kendrick Burney!!!!!?? I don't know why I did not think of it on first post, but Burney still has enough to set it off over there.

KB is a SWO guy. He was at White Oak as an assistant helping Leary but that didn’t work out very well. I highly doubt KB would ever be seen in blue and gold.

Whoever it is, they have to give them time to build. They go through coaches like crazy.

Eric Leary has an interview with Richlands. He was the HC at White Oak for 2015, 16, 17 seasons. His overall record there was 7-25 with wins over:
SWO - 1
Northside - 1
Croatan - 1
Ashely - 1
Swansboro - 2
Richlands - 1

Reactions: kenan98
If hired he will be familiar with the area teams. Dropping to 2AA vice 3A and I think a better potential program. He did beat us in 2015 ( I think), the rebuilding year after losing coach Padget (HC) and Barnes (DEF), but who didnt !! Will see how it goes for the Wildcats in 2020 against SWO ..... :rolleyes:

From,my buddies in Richlands they've had over 50 applicants. To be sure they can find someone better then a .280 win percentage coach. They are talking big named former local coaches around there. We will see.

If hired he will be familiar with the area teams. Dropping to 2AA vice 3A and I think a better potential program. He did beat us in 2015 ( I think), the rebuilding year after losing coach Padget (HC) and Barnes (DEF), but who didnt !! Will see how it goes for the Wildcats in 2020 against SWO ..... :rolleyes:

He has no business being a HC. I’ve heard other stories about his demeanor not everything needs to be shared. There was a game where the team refused to warmup and did not come to field for pregame until about 20 minutes before kickoff.

Lot of talk about him coming from out that way. Do I believe it, not really. But there's definitely been a lot of chatter.

I thought an assistant from Jacksonville would be a good hire. Former head coach himself did well as an assistant. I don’t know if he put his name in the hat. Just my speculation. Personally I think it’s a good job if willing to put the time in. Use a system that fits the athletes and be “seen” in the community.

Philly will not coach at richlands high period. Blick from Jacksonville would be a great hire. Heard Aldridge from ED put his name in the running

Had an interesting golf game this AM. I think we are all in for a real surprise. Should know in next few days.

Philly will not coach at richlands high period. Blick from Jacksonville would be a great hire. Heard Aldridge from ED put his name in the running

Aldridge would be one heck of a pick up! I don't get anymore daily updates about football in Onslow, but anymore reports about Philly P coaching again? I had heard during last season that he may be convinced to (head) coach again, but the situation would have to be a good one.

Now this is all here say from a few very eager Richlands golfing buddies of mine. I think initially Coach Aldridge was the target, but according to them he never applied. Then another formal local coach kind of came on the scene. I swear I feel silly typing this because I don't believe them, but they are pretty confident and excited about the possibility. Again, I don't believe it. I repeat, I dont believe it. But these boys swear Phil will be the coach by Friday. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Now this is all here say from a few very eager Richlands golfing buddies of mine. I think initially Coach Aldridge was the target, but according to them he never applied. Then another formal local coach kind of came on the scene. I swear I feel silly typing this because I don't believe them, but they are pretty confident and excited about the possibility. Again, I don't believe it. I repeat, I dont believe it. But these boys swear Phil will be the coach by Friday. Only time will tell.

Richland's will dominate if Padgett went there. DOMINATE!

I was checking on here just now to see if you guys heard anything. Maybe I heard wrong. If not, there will be some disappointed drinkers of that perfect water.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT