ADVERTISEMENT

Revised 2A/2AA Playoff Projections (GrizzlyDevil)

GrizzlyDevil

Nov 22, 2011
After the Anson news dropped today I figured I would go through a revision to my original post. With Anson out I have the next team in as Carrboro. This will push Newton Conover down to 2A and with Carrboro being further east I have North Surry being placed back into the West Bracket. It shuffles some things around.

2A West
1 - Mountain Heritage
16 - Hendersonville

8 - Newton Conover
9 - Owen

5 - Eastern Randolph
12 - Providence Grove

4 - West Stokes
13 - Draughn
---------------
3 - Reidsville
14 - North Wilkes

6 - West Stanly
11 - Walkertown

7 - Chase
10 - Thomasville

2 - Brevard
15 - Forbush

2A East
1 - Clinton
16 - East Bladen

8 - Beddingfield
9 - Bartlett Yancey

5 - West Craven
12 - Ayden Grifton

4 - Red Springs
13 - Goldsboro
---------------
3 - SW Edgecombe
14 - Kinston

6 - SW Onslow
11 - Midway

7 - Whiteville
10 - Wallace Rose Hill

2 - Northeastern
15 - Fairmont

2AA West
1 - Shelby
16 - Bandys

8 - North Surry
9 - Bunker Hill

5 - Ashe County
12 - West Lincoln

4 - Smoky Mountain
13 - South Point
---------------
3 - Hibriten
14 - Wilkes Central

6 - Burns
11 - East Lincoln

7 - Maiden
10 - Pisgah

2 - North Lincoln
15 - RS Central

2AA East
1 - Randleman
16 - Morehead

8 - East Duplin
9 - Ledford

5 - Washington
12 - North Lenoir

4 - South Granville
13 - North Davidson
--------------
3 - Currituck County
14 - Nash Central

6 - Salisbury
11 - St Pauls

7 - Croatan
10 - Hertford County

2 - Oak Grove
15 - Carrboro

If this were the bracket, dropping to the 6th seed would actually help Burns...if we could get past East Lincoln and probably Hibriten and North Lincoln...no first round rematch with South Point and no Shelby til the 4th round.

Also heard from pretty good sources that East Lincoln was to be our Week 1 opponent, but it fell through when the move to 2A was approved. Wish we could’ve played them instead of North Gaston, who was scheduled out of convenience (both teams had the last conference bye).

Last edited:
After the Anson news dropped today I figured I would go through a revision to my original post. With Anson out I have the next team in as Carrboro. This will push Newton Conover down to 2A and with Carrboro being further east I have North Surry being placed back into the West Bracket. It shuffles some things around.

2A West
1 - Mountain Heritage
16 - Hendersonville

8 - Newton Conover
9 - Owen

5 - Eastern Randolph
12 - Providence Grove

4 - West Stokes
13 - Draughn
---------------
3 - Reidsville
14 - North Wilkes

6 - West Stanly
11 - Walkertown

7 - Chase
10 - Thomasville

2 - Brevard
15 - Forbush

2A East
1 - Clinton
16 - East Bladen

8 - Beddingfield
9 - Bartlett Yancey

5 - West Craven
12 - Ayden Grifton

4 - Red Springs
13 - Goldsboro
---------------
3 - SW Edgecombe
14 - Kinston

6 - SW Onslow
11 - Midway

7 - Whiteville
10 - Wallace Rose Hill

2 - Northeastern
15 - Fairmont

2AA West
1 - Shelby
16 - Bandys

8 - North Surry
9 - Bunker Hill

5 - Ashe County
12 - West Lincoln

4 - Smoky Mountain
13 - South Point
---------------
3 - Hibriten
14 - Wilkes Central

6 - Burns
11 - East Lincoln

7 - Maiden
10 - Pisgah

2 - North Lincoln
15 - RS Central

2AA East
1 - Randleman
16 - Morehead

8 - East Duplin
9 - Ledford

5 - Washington
12 - North Lenoir

4 - South Granville
13 - North Davidson
--------------
3 - Currituck County
14 - Nash Central

6 - Salisbury
11 - St Pauls

7 - Croatan
10 - Hertford County

2 - Oak Grove
15 - Carrboro
Heritage could very well end up playing hendo and Owen the first two rounds should they win Friday and then advance both of which they have already played this season. Not to mention a rematch with brevard should both teams make it that far.

If Newton loses to East Lincoln this week and Owen wins. Their AMPR could very well switch and your seeding numbers will flop...then Newton travels to Owen.
(if Newton Conover is still in same bracket as Owen....remember they could be right back to 2AA depending on the final rankings)

I had already looked see who they were playing. East is 8-2 and Newton is 4th in their conference

The middle of that league is a mess to sort out....NL has beaten everybody LNC has lost to everybody, Lincolnton is next to last, Bandys has only beaten the bottom two, but the next 4 all seem to be reeeeeally close.....like in a NASCAR race before green, white, checker finishes and you know you can do 45, maybe 46 laps on a tank of fuel and you get a caution and pit with 48 to go but you're not stopping again.....Pit reporter: "Can you make it on fuel?" Crew chief: "It's gon' be close"

As a Maiden boy myself I'll say this...any of those four could beat any of the other on any given night. This conference is a special one and we'll be sending at least five real good teams into the playoffs.

Reactions: tarheelg
Maiden don’t want to play any of them again!
I don't know of any coach at any high school sport that likes playoff games against conference opponents, or anybody they've already played....one more reason that many coaches like playing all non-conference games against teams in different classes

I don't know of any coach at any high school sport that likes playoff games against conference opponents, or anybody they've already played....one more reason that many coaches like playing all non-conference games against teams in different classes
Amen! People questioned Allen Brown for years and accused him of being afraid to play certain 2A teams. Yet he was playing strong 3A, 4A and even 1A teams, such as Mount Airy. Won some, lost some. He didn’t dodge anybody. But he didn’t want to give them an advantage come playoff time.

It’s a tough conference! Grizzly.

Last year our 6th place team, East Lincoln, went into the playoffs as a 16 seed and beat a #1 seed. Go figure!

...could Bandy’s do it this year? Lol!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT