ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville's Kendre Harrison Named 2024 MaxPreps Male National Athlete of The Year

If they can get the law past before the season starts, which will allow public school NIL. Then yes, I believe he will stay
when HS athletes start getting paid to play football or any other sport I will probably stay home on Friday nights.

Does doing a photoshoot for Wilson Footballs count as NIL? If so, you have your answer before theat date.

Maybe I'm dumb to the "rules" but why couldn't he be paid as a model during the photoshoot? I understand it would all have to be through a third party and not part of "you have to go to this school" to be paid/part of the contract. Can they not have jobs outside of school? So much gray area. Again, unless I am just dumb to the rules.

Reactions: wolfpackjj78
Maybe I'm dumb to the "rules" but why couldn't he be paid as a model during the photoshoot? I understand it would all have to be through a third party and not part of "you have to go to this school" to be paid/part of the contract. Can they not have jobs outside of school? So much gray area. Again, unless I am just dumb to the rules.

I dont know.

What is worse, is that the people that should know, well they dont know either.

I am against an NIL initiative in high school, that being said Keandre or any other athlete should be able to have a part time job that pays them, but it should not have any ties to the school in which he attends. Its a slippery slope that a lot of high schools will lose kids to private schools that can afford to either directly on indirectly pay them.

I am against an NIL initiative in high school, that being said Keandre or any other athlete should be able to have a part time job that pays them, but it should not have any ties to the school in which he attends. Its a slippery slope that a lot of high schools will lose kids to private schools that can afford to either directly on indirectly pay them.
I believe you’ve just described the difference between a regular job and NIL. In states that don’t allow NIL (and even some that do), a regular job can’t include the name of your school, your jersey or anything that ties your compensation to being a high school athlete.
If NIL comes to high schools in North Carolina (and I hope it doesn’t), and the athlete is shown representing a school, shouldn’t the school get half the compensation? It’s not like college where schools are making millions off athletes.

I am still holding out hope Kendre is a Ram for one more year. We basically won't know until we know considering all the rumors swirling and NIL confusion.

I believe you’ve just described the difference between a regular job and NIL. In states that don’t allow NIL (and even some that do), a regular job can’t include the name of your school, your jersey or anything that ties your compensation to being a high school athlete.
If NIL comes to high schools in North Carolina (and I hope it doesn’t), and the athlete is shown representing a school, shouldn’t the school get half the compensation? It’s not like college where schools are making millions off athletes.
I hope NIL does come. No reason a kid shouldn’t be able to make money of their Name Image and Likeness. Most states if not all want allow the High School image. This is the State of Tennessee rules on NIL

Maybe a compromise but not sure how it could be enforceable. Allowing NIL only at the school kids start freshman year at ?? Not allowing transfers based solely on nil opportunities. Like I was saying would be hard to enforce or police because how do you decide if they move is legitimate or for money.

I hope NIL does come. No reason a kid shouldn’t be able to make money of their Name Image and Likeness. Most states if not all want allow the High School image. This is the State of Tennessee rules on NIL

You had shown that previously, thus my “and some that do” comment. Would you agree that generally athletes will have very little value without a school reference or a jersey? I can promise that only a small handful of people in Thomasville have ever heard of Kendre. We’re an hour away and have many of the same media outlets. So a radio, newspaper or tv commercial in Greensboro sporting Kendre’s name and image would have very little value to readers or viewers outside of Reidsville without the school reference.

You had shown that previously, thus my “and some that do” comment. Would you agree that generally athletes will have very little value without a school reference or a jersey? I can promise that only a small handful of people in Thomasville have ever heard of Kendre. We’re an hour away and have many of the same media outlets. So a radio, newspaper or tv commercial in Greensboro sporting Kendre’s name and image would have very little value to readers or viewers outside of Reidsville without the school reference.
I agree with this. Can't be of much value

I would guess they would have to post the kids name and instead of school name say #1 TE 2026 or basketball ranking.

I guess another loophole also could be if your school is named after a town they can still say Reidsville and wear school colors as long as the actual full name isn't there Reidsville high School rams

I still believe ultimately NIL only benefits a very small percentage of true athletes in North Carolina. And ultimately becomes a farce just to build championship teams at certain schools. Why should any rules or laws be created that benefits probably less than 1% of student athletes.

I do agree somewhat. But Kendre does have the goal shattering thing that has went viral, so you're rigt that its quite a bit that don't know him. But I think he's also more known than you think, so its somewhat in the middle

I do agree somewhat. But Kendre does have the goal shattering thing that has went viral, so you're rigt that its quite a bit that don't know him. But I think he's also more known than you think, so its somewhat in the middle
Harrison is pretty much known nationwide. He gets talked about on Volquest some. This is what the Oregon ON3 guy said about him. The last time someone was ranked so high in football and basketball might been Terrelle Pryor.

Erik SkopilSTAFF

“Kendre Harrison is going to be a problem, 2026 TE. Great ball skills”

Harrison is pretty much known nationwide. He gets talked about on Volquest some. This is what the Oregon ON3 guy said about him. The last time someone was ranked so high in football and basketball might been Terrelle Pryor.

Erik SkopilSTAFF

“Kendre Harrison is going to be a problem, 2026 TE. Great ball skills”
Man. You got a signed copy of his cleats? Sounds like you're wearing his jockstrap over your shoulder. NIL is stupid but let your local Chevy dealership give him a free car. Or a good deal on one. Most people are right nobody cares in high school. In basketball he makes big impact. In football they didn't have so many of those great athletes It wouldn't matter. Luckily he's in 2 a. If he was in bigger classification like three or four there's dudes that would be making sure he knows he's just one of the fellas. I think the guys right about the Thomasville people they don't give a crap. Just because you post something about him being well known all over the country. Okay. It's zealots like you that knows something about everything all over the country. Those are the ones that know about n i l etc etc. Plus man You might want to temper your living vicariously through him somebody get this boy a signed jersey please.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT