ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville Rams 2017-2018 Team ?

Look on the bright side rambbq, if you guys lose Graham and Cummings from conference...

Ain't nothing bright or even funny about that.

I got nothing.

As you know two are already enrolled in college. I've talked with parents of a couple more that have not committed like 8, 22, 66. Have talked to them since Christmas. QB is at app state and as you know 73 is at Carolina.

Reactions: ramking2012
how many players did reidsville have to sign on signing day. Looked everywhere and couldn't find anything. I only saw in the paper where morehead signed two players.

Last edited:
can someone explain how morehead have two players to sign and Reidsville has zero. Don't get me wrong those players are good but so was ours if not better. Maybe someone has better insight than me can explain.

Camps, grades, desire, work ethic, reputation, ability, size, and coach assistance all play a part in a players recruitment and hopeful signing.

But there are one or two Rams I am kinda baffled as to why their names didnt pop up?

The Rams have spent the past 8 weeks raising money for rings not promoting the kids to recruiters

Reidsville always has some great athletes...but most of our great ones are undersized and colleges look for the 6'3" guys that weight 220 plus...not many of those guys play for us....not saying the undersized guys don't deserve a look...just seems to be the case with recruiters.......................

Reactions: Lion Attack
Should be multiple scholarships. 18 and 73 could have probably gotten offers everywhere
Repeating what rambbq wrote, most of our guys just aren't tall enough or fast enough. Linemen need to be at least 6' 4" minimum to have the big schools recruit them. Some schools are setting their minimum at 6' 5" now. As good as #73 is, he just isn't tall enough to attract that kind of attention. Hopefully, things will work out for him in Chapel Hill. I know how selective things are because I have spent the last 50 years or so trying to get Reidsville players on a certain school's radar. Sometimes successful, sometimes not.

Why #18 never got much interest is a mystery to me.

We have had some great linebackers at RHS but if they are less than 6' (real measurements, not program listings) and don't have great speed they just will not attract much interest.

Too many times we have had the rare case of players who fit the physical numbers but just hadn't paid enough attention to academics.

There are always exceptions to the height and speed parameters that college coaches set for recruiting, but they are rare and if you have to recruit too many exceptions, you may soon be looking for a job.

Reactions: Stanimallector
heard today another one to preferred walk on at unc. that's two pw at carolina and one at asu. if that's the route they choose that's what they choose. also understand one likely going to wingate and another prolly choosing baseball over football. just because you don't hear about them on signing day doesn't mean they are not going somewhere.

Going somewhere as a pw is one thing but going as a scholarship player is totally different. Especially in the way that the staff looks at you. IT IS NOT THE SAME!!! Unfortunately other Reidsville players have learned this the hard way. It may not be your dream school but take the scholarship IMO!!!

Awesome for Austyn .. pound for 165-pounds one of the best in the state.
Back to recruiting players by colleges, the Rams will be receiving a transfer lineman this fall that is 6" 5" and 260+ lbs that is already hearing from Carolina with more schools soon to follow.

Main reason? Height. You just can't coach it.

Back to recruiting players by colleges, the Rams will be receiving a transfer lineman this fall that is 6" 5" and 260+ lbs that is already hearing from Carolina with more schools soon to follow.

Main reason? Height. You just can't coach it.

Where is the kid coming from/grade?

Our ol might be better this up coming year.

Where is the kid coming from/grade?

Our ol might be better this up coming year.
Don't think it appropriate to put a name or details on the expected transfer since he is currently enrolled at another school.

There is also an even bigger kid who may transfer but hasn't made up his mind yet. Another lineman.

Don't think it appropriate to put a name or details on the expected transfer since he is currently enrolled at another school.

There is also an even bigger kid who may transfer but hasn't made up his mind yet. Another lineman.

Oh ok thought the kid was already here.
Just keep us posted on ram need you guys hear.
I never know much unless it's on here. I did hear about some other possible transfers, but no one said anything so I guess that was just a rumor.

Do we have anymore kids being recruited for the up coming year?

I highly doubt there is recruiting going on, much less from Wentworth.

But the way a lot of softies quit football to concentrate on averaging 3ppg in basketball, RHS might need to to fill roster spots.

I highly doubt there is recruiting going on, much less from Wentworth.

But the way a lot of softies quit football to concentrate on averaging 3ppg in basketball, RHS might need to to fill roster spots.
I think he is asking about players being recruited by colleges for next year.

Most of the interest will come after summer camps when the college coaches and get to know the players better.

Wow.......7 non conference games and only FOUR conference games......just wow.....................
Hey did Featherlough and the kicker sign a letter of intent? If so with whom just curious. Thanks.

Since we talking recruit any word on 4 or 77? I think they both would be an asset to a team.

Also congrats to Austyn for being accepted to UNC for his books!! But I think it will be hard for him to get on the field

4 possibly to St. Andrews. Am told 3 joining military. Talked to 8 today still undecided what he wants to do

Reidsville always has some great athletes...but most of our great ones are undersized and colleges look for the 6'3" guys that weight 220 plus...not many of those guys play for us....not saying the undersized guys don't deserve a look...just seems to be the case with recruiters.......................
Reidsville players are in the same situation as Edenton/Holmes players good but too under size for most recruiters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT