ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville 39, East Montgomery 17

What is your opinion on Mckinney?
He is a load. App St is getting a good one.

Rams Alex Able knocked him out of the game two times but he just kept getting up off the turf and coming back.

First game Reidsville has had to play four quarters without a running clock in a long time and it showed. This game and having to man up on McKinney will help Rams a lot going forward.

Reactions: Rammer16
Eagles put the ball on ground 8 times; lost 3 fumbles.
Lack of balanced offense hurt them.
Rams keyed on McKinney and did a good job 90 percent of the time. Both of his TD runs came out of the wildcat and he was able to get into the open and ZOOM . he was gone.

after this game I'm more worried about our offense than anything else....missed a lot of blocks and just plain got whipped on the line a lot of the game............also when we did make some good plays the dreaded holding flags came a flying....how many has that been the last 3 weeks??

Reactions: Ram2012
We are going to have to play better going forward. Em may have been the best team we have played

EM was a good team and congrats on the win. That McKinney kids is a nice back. Y'all tell me he is bigger than they say or was it just me?

They’re the best team we’ve played this season. That kid was a handful in the second half! We had too many miss blocks and too many dropped passes tonight.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
McKinney ended season with close to 2800 yards.
Imagine how much better stats would be if every team couldn't key on him. EM has no passing attack for defenses to worry about.

Last edited:
tgt...what were the final total stats and scoring line..........???
\
------------ --- ------ Biscoe --- Reidsville
First Downs . . . . . 12 --- 19
Yards Rushing 246 --- 124
Yards Passing . . . 26 --- 185
Total Net Yards . . . 272 --- 309
Penalties: . 8 - 60 --- 6 - 66
Fumbles/Lost 8/3 --- 2/1
Possession Time 26:54 --- 21:06

Mikel Carter led the Rams unofficial tackle stats with 12, including 2 for loss,
Don Pinnix had 10 tackles and a blocked field goal;
Zion Wade 9 tackles.
Alec Abel 7 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries.

Last edited:
Reidsville hadn’t seen a good back and true run blocking offensive line all season until last night. There’s nothing wrong with our offense. We just faced a physical team that had nothing to lose by giving their all. We can’t expect our offense to run smooth every game against every opponent. Let’s not forget also that a lot of guys on our defensive line also plays on offensive line so they was in battle against the best offensive and defensive line they’ve seen all year in which they had to play all 4 qtrs, something they haven’t done all year. A good back is going to eventually break a few long runs off in those conditions, don’t care how good your defense is. So inspite of the circumstances they did a hell of a job.

Last edited:
Reactions: FBCapitolofNC
Breakdown on McKinney's runs:
One 84 yards, one 40 yards;
Next best was 9 yards, then three 7-yard runs.
Held to 3 yards or less 17 times with 3 negative yardage plays.

Breakdown on McKinney's runs:
One 84 yards, one 40 yards;
Next best was 9 yards, then three 7-yard runs.
Held to 3 yards or less 17 times with 3 negative yardage plays.
Your point being what? EMs game plan should of been McKinney from the wildcat the whole game. It was obvious reidsville was on there heels when the offense changed in the second half. Take away turnovers and this game was even. Look at line stats and the only separation you see aside from score is in turnovers. Thanks to a great group of seniors that have given it everything from youth ball thru last night. You will be greatly missed. On another note, Mt. Pleasant fans your getting ready to get took to the wood shed. Your wasting your time with all that barking.

Point being you can't let a stud back many openings if you plan to win.
Reidsville accomplished that ... giving him only 2 lanes out of 32 tries.

Your point being what? EMs game plan should of been McKinney from the wildcat the whole game. It was obvious reidsville was on there heels when the offense changed in the second half. Take away turnovers and this game was even. Look at line stats and the only separation you see aside from score is in turnovers. Thanks to a great group of seniors that have given it everything from youth ball thru last night. You will be greatly missed. On another note, Mt. Pleasant fans your getting ready to get took to the wood shed. Your wasting your time with all that barking.
By the time EM went to the wildcat, the EM offensive line and McKinney had done a good job of wearing the Reidsville offensive line down. If they had started with the wildcat, the results might have been different against a fresh Rams line.

I kinda sense some anxiety on the part of some Reidsville fans that the Rams did not crush EM. EM had a really solid team , I think they would have had a good chance of representing the West in the 1-AA final if realignment was after this season. Hats off to the EM Sr. class as they were the cornerstone of EM's resurgence to a quality team the last few years. So in short , dont panic Reidsville because of last nights "non- running clock "game, you guys will most likely make it back to the title game. I do believe you will be a slight underdog to WRH or Northeastern . The Reidsville fans have been very complimentary of EM on here and TGT's game updates were as good as it gets. Good luck Rams.

I kinda sense some anxiety on the part of some Reidsville fans that the Rams did not crush EM. EM had a really solid team , I think they would have had a good chance of representing the West in the 1-AA final if realignment was after this season. Hats off to the EM Sr. class as they were the cornerstone of EM's resurgence to a quality team the last few years. So in short , dont panic Reidsville because of last nights "non- running clock "game, you guys will most likely make it back to the title game. I do believe you will be a slight underdog to WRH or Northeastern . The Reidsville fans have been very complimentary of EM on here and TGT's game updates were as good as it gets. Good luck Rams.
As of today, Reidsville would be favored in every game the rest of this season, regardless of when it ends. Check all of the sites that do power ratings.

Most Reidsville fans realized this would be a tough game. Simmons had Rams favored by 30 and I think cal preps by less.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT