ADVERTISEMENT

Reagan vs Atkins

Carver saved up money through years and made grand purchase. Rounded cost $294,000 for scoreboard. Principal and AD removed. Carver cannot use the screen, only score board. Board trying to bring scoreboard down, but its being worked out for the better. New AD and Principal fixing things. New AD cannot believe purchase made. Scoreboard company working things out with school board to advertise the company name and not bring scoreboard down. New AD has nothing good to say about purchase. New AD is a good guy

Carver saved up money through years and made grand purchase. Rounded cost $294,000 for scoreboard. Principal and AD removed. Carver cannot use the screen, only score board. Board trying to bring scoreboard down, but its being worked out for the better. New AD and Principal fixing things. New AD cannot believe purchase made. Scoreboard company working things out with school board to advertise the company name and not bring scoreboard down. New AD has nothing good to say about purchase. New AD is a good guy

They probably can't use the screen because no one probably knows how to run it...is that the case? When you say board trying to bring scoreboard down do you mean WS/FCS school board? I wish they would not meddle so much in the affairs of funds if raised by booster club. Dumb purchase but still no need to use authority to try to take it down. Reagan had a grant a few years back for half funding for turf field, which all county schools should have! WS/FCS higher ups said no even if funds were raised. Just shows how behind the times the county is in high school athletics.

Dont know. Just a friend told me the board trying to bring it down. not sure if true or not. sorry. Yeah that is terrible with authority. Hope all gets better for Carver

Triad Guru and Uttb01 I appreciate the responses and the attempt to carry on a conversation like men whether we agree or not. Since I don't have to indent and present this quote in MLA style I can just give my two cents. The resources is where my focus was. I actually forgot that bit about Reagan's beginning if that is true. No issue with being wrong and corrected. Thanks for the info in kind.

Mr. Robinson that's rumored but they just brought in an exceptional principal who was there in Carvers most recent success and the AD should get it done too. Mr. Piggot is effective in the community a Carver guy and has the communities backing.

Yes. was told they are two great leaders. Terrible choice for purchase but I know all will get better with new leaders. Carver can be a great school. Glad Mr. Piggot is a resident. Is community mad about scoreboard?

Reactions: Veejay4
My question is, why would Atkins walk up on Reagan before the start of the game trying to start something? Don't poke the bear when he's sleeping lol! When a bigger school more talented than yourself walks out, why provoke them?
The much bigger question in my eyes is why is Reagan scheduling 2A teams OOC to begin with? Talk about setting the bar low.

My issue Utbb01 wasn't necessarily that Reagan has great coaching although I beg to differ but the perceived better coaching staff to Atkins like I said and you just mentioned Atkins has grown indifferent to sports while Reagan is marginally competitive. A coach trying to get his career going in the business make take that job and be every bit as good a coach but don't have the "joes". People who don't understand the game see the optics and not a coaches ability to run a program. Look what Brewer finally got done for those couple years at Smith when he got Ebron and some more "junk yard dogs". He didn't suddenly become a good coach. He got some kids in. I don't suggest every coach not getting it done can coach but I think we draw too many assumptions based on personal prejudices, ignorance of the game among other things.

Last edited:
@hokiemtc I believe the county makes schools choose two schools every couple years in rotation to play just like East has to play Carver if I'm not mistaken. I agree it needs to stop when you see Carver line down against West and East back to back weeks.

Triad Guru and Uttb01 I appreciate the responses and the attempt to carry on a conversation like men whether we agree or not. Since I don't have to indent and present this quote in MLA style I can just give my two cents. The resources is where my focus was. I actually forgot that bit about Reagan's beginning if that is true. No issue with being wrong and corrected. Thanks for the info in kind.
People that try to correct grammer etc. on message boards drive me crazy, I agree.

Mr. Robinson that's rumored but they just brought in an exceptional principal who was there in Carvers most recent success and the AD should get it done too. Mr. Piggot is effective in the community a Carver guy and has the communities backing.
I thought Melvin Palmer is the AD? Has something changed recently?

The much bigger question in my eyes is why is Reagan scheduling 2A teams OOC to begin with? Talk about setting the bar low.

County politics. North Davidson for years was required to play the other directional schools because of it. Same in forsyth from what I can tell.

@hokiemtc I believe the county makes schools choose two schools every couple years in rotation to play just like East has to play Carver if I'm not mistaken. I agree it needs to stop when you see Carver line down against West and East back to back weeks.

Schools don't choose, county office chooses the rotation.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Yikes, that's rough. Whenever 4A and 3A are forced to play 2A and 1A, it's ALWAYS a no-win situation for the larger school. Win...and who cares, you're picking on someone smaller than you. Play a close game sometime, however, and see what happens on message boards.

Dont know. I believe due to scoreboard situation it was automatic quick termination of AD and Principal. But really dont know. Veejay is correct though. My friend said so

The scoreboard situation among other things caused a lot of turmoil at Carver but the school board has confiscated the video cameras and computer that accompany the scoreboard and will not allow Carver to use it. But I'm not mad at the school board cause the school ordered a 295,000 scoreboard without putting a penny down on it and having any resources to buy it. Due to that the school board was planning to take the scoreboard down but found out that it would cost 20,000 to take down.

True... I would take Shelby, Reidsville, South Point and North Davidson over Reagan. Possibly others as well. Size only matters so much, there are 2A schools that can compete with average to good 4A schools.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
People that try to correct grammer etc. on message boards drive me crazy, I agree.
Thank you Mr. Guru just wanna talk some football. Again it speaks to ones insecurities about themselves when they feel the need prop themselves up on the account of someone else. My brother alerted me to some of what was said and I was surprised it went in this direction. I decided today that would be all and I would communicate with people on here who wanna talk football. I went further into that than I should've. Glad to talk football with most of you all.

The scoreboard situation among other things caused a lot of turmoil at Carver but the school board has confiscated the video cameras and computer that accompany the scoreboard and will not allow Carver to use it. But I'm not mad at the school board cause the school ordered a 295,000 scoreboard without putting a penny down on it and having any resources to buy it. Due to that the school board was planning to take the scoreboard down but found out that it would cost 20,000 to take down.
When a coaching staff watches a scoreboard being erected after asking for basic practice equipment you understand then the athletics was headed in a unhealthy direction. You go to the practice field at least this was the case last year and you see no five man sled, hitting dummies etc....it puts things in perspective. The coaches then were begging for some of these things.

Reactions: TriadGuru
Yikes, that's rough. Whenever 4A and 3A are forced to play 2A and 1A, it's ALWAYS a no-win situation for the larger school. Win...and who cares, you're picking on someone smaller than you. Play a close game sometime, however, and see what happens on message boards.
Especially when your 8 quarter kids are in the game half way through the 2nd quarter and I'm being nice saying that. When you look at Forsyth Co. in comparison to Guilford, Meck or Wake you don't feel the competitive drive county wide to make our schools viable statewide. For starters we have too many high schools trying to pacify everyone in Forsyth Co. That's another post though.

Correct. Which is even worse. They choose blindly with no regard to matchup and or competitiveness. Ask the kids at Carver how they feel about lining up 20 deep maybe and across the field you have East and West at 60-70 for warm-ups. Not good for them or the paying public.

I really miss the 2000s in Forsyth County. Carver was a great, Parkland was great, Mt. Tabor was solid as well. It seems that all the talent transferred to East and West.
Somethings going on in this county and the athletics are suffering. Carver hasn't been good since 2011, and the way things are going I can't imagine them being good for a long time.

We, Carver were real good in the 2013-2014 season and I felt that team was a state title contender as we were the number 1 seed in the west in 2A. We were upset by a solid Lincolnton team that shortened the game and pounded us off tackle with Roseboro. But that Carver team was 11-2 and real good to me. But Carver has been systematically under attack for years with three high schools in the last 15 years being started within 5 miles of Carver. And the magnetization of Atkins really tore at the fabric of Carver but the alumni is still strong and I'd be willing to bet the earlier poster that the school will definitely still be standing in 2020 or even 2030!!!

We, Carver were real good in the 2013-2014 season and I felt that team was a state title contender as we were the number 1 seed in the west in 2A. We were upset by a solid Lincolnton team that shortened the game and pounded us off tackle with Roseboro. But that Carver team was 11-2 and real good to me. But Carver has been systematically under attack for years with three high schools in the last 15 years being started within 5 miles of Carver. And the magnetization of Atkins really tore at the fabric of Carver but the alumni is still strong and I'd be willing to bet the earlier poster that the school will definitely still be standing in 2020 or even 2030!!!

I completely forgot about that team. And yea, I'm a Carver alumnus as well. I don't believe the school is going anywhere anytime soon. But with the way the numbers are looking. We won't be 3A again for a long while, if ever.

My friend said Carver is great community. He said he like carver football but knows is a while until he can see a good season. My friend lives close to Carver and say there are good athletes but dont know why they not in the field.

Carver coaching good?

I would not blame what is going on at Carver to bad coaching and I am sure the coaches are working hard there. Forsyth County and it's choice transfer policy has very much created a have and have not system and right now Carver is a have not, how long they will be there no one knows. Also things go in cycles here, at one time East Forsyth was terrible now they are one of the best programs in the area, 2001 Parkland won the state Championship then they hit a down cycle, North was good several years ago now they are down, Reagan used to be bad to sub par now they have had good seasons the past 5 years. You can do that with every school in the county over the past 10-15 years, but I will say this with choice transfer I continue to see the gap widen between the West Forsyth's, East Forsyth's, Mt Tabors Reagans and the Parklands, Carvers, North Forsyth's, Atkins, and Glenn to an extent . That is how it is and it will not change

Coaching is fine at Carver but in Forsyth County it's always about more than coaching. You have to be able to attract kids!! When coach Keith Wilkes was at the helm he was a pied piper for kids and it wasn't due to his great X's & O's but mainly due to his ability to sell(not actually sell) his athletes to colleges. Carver was re known for sending kids to the next level and then promote it by an article in the WS Chronicle. This showed the great work he was doing to get kids in school and that just fueled the Carver pipeline. Since Keith has left Forsyth County there's been great programs and teams in this county but I've yet to see a program put kids in school the way Keith did at Carver!!! Especially D-2 kids cause we all know the D1 recruit doesn't need much help!!!

Montague and Piggot will get them on track.

Coaching is fine at Carver but in Forsyth County it's always about more than coaching. You have to be able to attract kids!! When coach Keith Wilkes was at the helm he was a pied piper for kids and it wasn't due to his great X's & O's but mainly due to his ability to sell(not actually sell) his athletes to colleges. Carver was re known for sending kids to the next level and then promote it by an article in the WS Chronicle. This showed the great work he was doing to get kids in school and that just fueled the Carver pipeline. Since Keith has left Forsyth County there's been great programs and teams in this county but I've yet to see a program put kids in school the way Keith did at Carver!!! Especially D-2 kids cause we all know the D1 recruit doesn't need much help!!!
May want to check the stats on the program at East. I know they're at least close.

My friend said Carver is great community. He said he like carver football but knows is a while until he can see a good season. My friend lives close to Carver and say there are good athletes but dont know why they not in the field.

Carver coaching good?
They gotta Carver guy in there and u believe the community will get behind him. It will be hard to tell for awhile what the staff is capable of as to my past point. Very close to some previous staff that left Carver. So many other things going on there it was considered a victory to get the kids to Friday night. They have athletes and like a coach currently at East who was at Carver stated Carvers kids are really no less talented just wasn't enough of them besides the other things going on. Forsyth Co. is better with Carver viable.

Reactions: Mr-Robinson
Before I go any further I'd like to apologize to @Blacknightnuts for my behavior and some things that were said on here. I went to place I shouldn't have regardless of what I felt happened. I felt unjust in some things communicated but I knew better in my responses. Again I just want to talk football however my convictions led me to an apology.

Before I go any further I'd like to apologize to @Blacknightnuts for my behavior and some things that were said on here. I went to place I shouldn't have regardless of what I felt happened. I felt unjust in some things communicated but I knew better in my responses. Again I just want to talk football however my convictions led me to an apology.

I would also like to apologise sir. It got heated and I got petty with the paragraph thing. In actuality I'm not really a spelling or grammar Nazi, I just have a pet peeve over paragraphs because when a long post is made it just makes things simpler in my opinion.

Regardless, I think you have good knowledge and insight and I could recognize that even while we were arguing. I look forward to speaking nothing but football with you in the future sir. Good luck in your future endeavors.

P.S. it's Blackknightnut lol

Reactions: Mr-Robinson
I would also like to apologise sir. It got heated and I got petty with the paragraph thing. In actuality I'm not really a spelling or grammar Nazi, I just have a pet peeve over paragraphs because when a long post is made it just makes things simpler in my opinion.

Regardless, I think you have good knowledge and insight and I could recognize that even while we were arguing. I look forward to speaking nothing but football with you in the future sir. Good luck in your future endeavors.

P.S. it's Blackknightnut lol
Got u my dude. Lol. Back to football!!

In KVille we don't even post about Carver and North Forsyth. We're SUPPOSED to win those two. As a matter of fact we played a bunch of JV's against North and should this Friday also. Perspective.
You are correct, but in K'Ville it is 4 starters on that team that started and was All Conference at North. So, to say that if those players were still at North, North is a different team and the K'ville team is a different team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT