Votes: 9 24.3%
  • ER big.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • NE close.

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • ER close.

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
Actually, I was thinking about you (knowing how to do something useful), painting a truck... Yesterday, I saw an early 2000s model Chevrolet pickup that looked like it had been freshly painted. A young guy was driving. You could tell he was proud of it. The new paint seemed to set it off and made it sparkle. Don't know who did it but they're good. I wouldn't know where to start on a job like that. :)

Last edited:
Kind of like yourself in regards to Freshwater?

What? You hyped the kid who couldnt make it at ECU
Said didnt stand out to me, good size and motor. Chris owns this site, in with many coaches around the state. Knows more football then you could ever imagine. Just stop hyping, let their play speak. Your hype train nonsense is hilarious

This game goes 1 of 2 ways IMO. A NE blowout or a close win by either team. I saw nothing from ER that would make NE scared of their offense, but I think ER defense is better than they showed against Clinton. Clinton could score just couldn't defend because of lack of depth and injuries.
ER will be in a dog fight but NE I think is too good. Time will tell, best of luck to both teams.

What? You hyped the kid who couldnt make it at ECU
Said didnt stand out to me, good size and motor. Chris owns this site, in with many coaches around the state. Knows more football then you could ever imagine. Just stop hyping, let their play speak. Your hype train nonsense is hilarious
Ain’t no doubt Chris knows football in NC!

Can’t help but chuckle though! Reckon he has days like me and Goob and a few others.....and says things like..... I’d be doing good if it wudd’nt for these daggum customers!
😂....dag!..that’s funny!

Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
Actually, I was thinking about you (knowing how to do something useful), painting a truck... Yesterday, I saw an early 2000s model Chevrolet pickup that looked like it had been freshly painted. A young guy was driving. You could tell he was proud of it. The new paint seemed to set it off and made it sparkle. Don't know who did it but they're good. I wouldn't know where to start on a job like that. :)
I got into painting and refinishing cars when I was 23. I was heavily involved into the car scene and someone offered me a job at a body shop in Chesapeake VA and I've never looked back. I love painting and I love doing those crazy Kandy,pearls,and flake paint jobs. People can make a really good living working in our field but it's hard work.

This game goes 1 of 2 ways IMO. A NE blowout or a close win by either team. I saw nothing from ER that would make NE scared of their offense, but I think ER defense is better than they showed against Clinton. Clinton could score just couldn't defend because of lack of depth and injuries.
ER will be in a dog fight but NE I think is too good. Time will tell, best of luck to both teams.
I think this post is spot on.

@thekidd12 , has Eastern Randolph ever had much success in football? I honestly don't know anything of the program or the town where the school is located. Any tidbits that you could provide?
Nope...
Nothing much comes to mind. 🙄
Town’s main claim to fame is you have to drive through it right before travelers from Raleigh east get to NC Zoo..
I’ll revisit this in awhile

@thekidd12 , has Eastern Randolph ever had much success in football? I honestly don't know anything of the program or the town where the school is located. Any tidbits that you could provide?
1983 3A State Champion, 2006 3AA state champion, 94 3A runner up, 2003 3AA runner up, Conference champion 1994-2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2014. State playoffs 1983, 1986, 1989-95, 1997-2007, 2009-2016, 2018, 2019
Think that’s the little bit of football stuff I could remember...
I know not a lot there but we learning...

1983 3A State Champion, 2006 3AA state champion, 94 3A runner up, 2003 3AA runner up, Conference champion 1994-2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2014. State playoffs 1983, 1986, 1989-95, 1997-2007, 2009-2016, 2018, 2019

I remember watching that 2006 state championship game. ER looked very well coached and had athletes everywhere

Kidd, what was Coach Cates first year, first time? And when did he leave?

Thank you, that's pretty good tradition with those two state cships included.

Massy Rating. Com. Has Northeastern winning 34 to 14
theKidd12, I saw that, too. The average for Simmons, Massey and Cal Preps, probably runs in the 80 plus percent range (Simmons lists his percentage and maybe the others do, too), which, to me, means they're pretty accurate. Once in awhile, though, a team comes along that doesn't realize its potential until later in the season, or maybe they or certain personnel were not looked at close enough, which can affect power ratings, and they don't get noticed until the playoffs. ER might be such a team. It happened here, once.

Simmons had Clinton 3rd, in 2A, with a power rating of 127 and had them beating you by 18; Eastern, was ranked 26th in 2A with a power rating of 111, and I believe Simmons was accurate in his ranking of Clinton. Even with glasses it is hard for me to read Massey's numbers but he had you losing to Clinton by 17 in last weeks game.
By the way, Northeastern has similar numbers as Clinton (Simmons), and it's probably accurate, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is another close game.

I'd say with the covid and who practiced and who didn't and who's had to go into protocols etc makes this year as tough as any to judge a team. Eastern had games canceled practices canceled and may just be hitting their stride as they go. The coaching and the athletes are there. Putting it all together week after week will be the tale. Didn't look very good against orange and blue team. Game next week canceled for covid. Week after that goes to Clinton and wins.

Politburo???
April Theses???
What kind of Bolshevikian nonsense you spewing there Lincolnton?
Don’t be trying to class up the place...
You know I’m just a simple country bumpkin 🥺
Cates was DC in 1981. Became HC in 1984. Left in 2008 and went to Lee County. Came back to ER in 2018
I think Cates was hesd coach in 1983 because the DarkHorses played them in the playoffs. As fir the game I don’t wanna talk about it. The DarkHorse team that year I think along with the 1998 team were the best DarkHorse team to not play for a state championship . Actually many of the 1998 players were on the 96&97 championship.s
The DarkHorse 2019 & spring 2021 teams near that description.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
theKidd12, I saw that, too. The average for Simmons, Massey and Cal Preps, probably runs in the 80 plus percent range (Simmons lists his percentage and maybe the others do, too), which, to me, means they're pretty accurate. Once in awhile, though, a team comes along that doesn't realize its potential until later in the season, or maybe they or certain personnel were not looked at close enough, which can affect power ratings, and they don't get noticed until the playoffs. ER might be such a team. It happened here, once.

Simmons had Clinton 3rd, in 2A, with a power rating of 127 and had them beating you by 18; Eastern, was ranked 26th in 2A with a power rating of 111, and I believe Simmons was accurate in his ranking of Clinton. Even with glasses it is hard for me to read Massey's numbers but he had you losing to Clinton by 17 in last weeks game.
By the way, Northeastern has similar numbers as Clinton (Simmons), and it's probably accurate, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is another close game.
The 2005 DarkHorse team won the state championship, in 2006 they started the season 3-5, of course they were I ranked and remained ranked but they went on a 7 away game winning streak to the Stste championship game but lost to Cummings

Good post

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Game still on down there goob?
Hit the coach up for me. I’m not going but I have a lot of friends who were planning on making the trip.
Yes sir, the game is on!! I just left Elizabeth City a few minutes ago. I'm back on the farm over here in Camden County. They are closing the bridge from Elizabeth City into Camden County at 5pm due to possible unrest and protests. This was just posted from the Camden County Sheriffs Department.

Reactions: thekidd12
Thanks, Wiz. I thought about the 2005 Clinton team that beat us 13-6 for the title, on which your son was a key player. It seems like nearly everybody they played was good and had lost early to maybe Kenan or Wallace-Rose Hill, causing some to write them off as a title contender. Then, later, Clinton beat an Onslow County team, maybe SWO, and didn't look back. I'm thinking they beat a really good Northside team, twice.

They (Clinton) had just a stifling defense. I also recall Coach Sawvill's name coming up...I saw A.C. Reynolds play Douglas Byrd, in 2000, for the title and they (Reynolds) had a similar defense. Their defenses reminded me of each other. You couldn't do anything with either of them. When you thought you had the corner or had a receiver open someone would come out of no where and spoil it. One of the posters, on here, around 2005, had a quote on each of his messages credited to Coach Bear Bryant saying "Defense wins championships". I thought about that many, many times after losing to Clinton.

In 2007, Lincolnton was 1-4. and would go on to win the title. in our third game against Maiden, that year, it was as though we stumbled over our own feet, then improved enough in the second half and was able to keep it close, but still lost.
As the season went along we seemed to get better and I think our guys realized that maybe they had something going for them. I used to like to think that our 2007 team had some similarities to the 2005 Darkhorses in what they had to overcome to win a championship.

I think Cates was hesd coach in 1983 because the DarkHorses played them in the playoffs. As fir the game I don’t wanna talk about it. The DarkHorse team that year I think along with the 1998 team were the best DarkHorse team to not play for a state championship . Actually many of the 1998 players were on the 96&97 championship.s
The DarkHorse 2019 & spring 2021 teams near that description.
He was DC. Donnie Baxter was HC

Yes sir, the game is on!! I just left Elizabeth City a few minutes ago. I'm back on the farm over here in Camden County. They are closing the bridge from Elizabeth City into Camden County at 5pm due to possible unrest and protests. This was just posted from the Camden County Sheriffs Department.
Playing at 1:00 on Saturday. Site still under discussion

Whats going on in EC?

Thanks, Wiz. I thought about the 2005 Clinton team that beat us 13-6 for the title, on which your son was a key player. It seems like nearly everybody they played was good and had lost early to maybe Kenan or Wallace-Rose Hill, causing some to write them off as a title contender. Then, later, Clinton beat an Onslow County team, maybe SWO, and didn't look back. I'm thinking they beat a really good Northside team, twice.

They (Clinton) had just a stifling defense. I also recall Coach Sawvill's name coming up...I saw A.C. Reynolds play Douglas Byrd, in 2000, for the title and they (Reynolds) had a similar defense. Their defenses reminded me of each other. You couldn't do anything with either of them. When you thought you had the corner or had a receiver open someone would come out of no where and spoil it. One of the posters, on here, around 2005, had a quote on each of his messages credited to Coach Bear Bryant saying "Defense wins championships". I thought about that many, many times after losing to Clinton.

In 2007, Lincolnton was 1-4. and would go on to win the title. in our third game against Maiden, that year, it was as though we stumbled over our own feet, then improved enough in the second half and was able to keep it close, but still lost.
As the season went along we seemed to get better and I think our guys realized that maybe they had something going for them. I used to like to think that our 2007 team had some similarities to the 2005 Darkhorses in what they had to overcome to win a championship.
You’re right Lincolnton, in 2005 and 2006 the Horses had to beat conference member SWO who was tough with Kendrick Burney but the had to beat a very very good Jacksonville Northside team for the eastern championship both years plus playing them in conference. In 2006 Northside beat the Horses in a low scoring regular season conference game but in the eastern championship game at Northside the DarkHorses shut them out 25-0. In 2006 all of the DarkHorse playoff games were on the road because their regular season record.(6-5) was so bad
You’re right as the Bear said defense does win championship!
The 2005 championship game was a defensive masterpiece by coach Sawvel against a high scoring Lincolnton club
The whole point of this post though is. A team could come out of the dark. I think Eastern Randolph could be that kind of team. They got players, they’ve got a longtime coach with championship experience. The ER Coach Cates has probably coached many of the player’s parents (could it be grandparents? I mean close to 40 years, then he’s got players and some playmakers. I would not be suprused at who won actually. Both teams are capable. I plan to watch the NEvsER game as well as the WRH vs Reidsville game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT