ADVERTISEMENT

RAIN

Our church took 5 loads of water and non perishable foods up there today. Mainly towards the Burnsville area.
I go to church in Roan MTN. They had Military Helicopters landing on Cloudland Football field then bringing it to our church. Think the church feed about 500 people yesterday. Been told 50+ dead in Avery Co. and people still missing. Was told they had to bring in a mobile morgue

They tried to shut down the border on the state line last night on the NC side but the sheriff from Avery came down said they can’t do it. A TN trooper turned me around and I had to take a back road home. People from Avery are having to go into TN to get stuff especially gas

Lot of unknowns about what will happen with HS football up in the areas that where effected. People are still in state of shock probably. Just trying to figure how to deal with the situation and move on with their lives.
Most don’t understand how bad it really is around Asheville and the northern counties like Avery, Mitchell, Madison, and Yancey. These places may not be able to even finish the season. The devastation is overwhelming and may take years to fully recover and rebuild.

I have seen so much of the damage and flooding on the TV news channels. It is so unbelievable it got to the mountains that bad. I have said it before and I will say it again, I am Praying for everyone in those areas that got flooded and praying for a fast recovery. 🙏 🙏 🙏

Donate to NC Disaster Relief Fund to Help with Helene Recovery​

https://governor.nc.gov/press-release-terms/disaster-recovery

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT