ADVERTISEMENT

RAIDERS at Scotland

For some reason the single A and AA does make a difference. Butler and Gibbons Richmond , Mallard Creek... this is Big League. Scotland is single A, and can't beat the teams in that league... But usually when they play RICHMOND... it dont matter. They will leave it all on the field, however, this particular year,, RICHMOND will win big with some left over. Meaning SCOTLAND starters will play 4 quarters. RICHMOND starters play 3 quarters. Jmo... a good game as always. GO RAIDERS!!!!!

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
For some reason the single A and AA does make a difference. Butler and Gibbons Richmond , Mallard Creek... this is Big League. Scotland is single A, and can't beat the teams in that league... But usually when they play RICHMOND... it dont matter. They will leave it all on the field, however, this particular year,, RICHMOND will win big with some left over. Meaning SCOTLAND starters will play 4 quarters. RICHMOND starters play 3 quarters. Jmo... a good game as always. GO RAIDERS!!!!!
What you stated makes no damn sense. Scotland beat Gibbons for one last year and the second thing is they are 4a. Scotland got beat by butler because we were not very good at the beginning of the season and we lost to almost everyone. Not many people beat Mallard Creek hopefully you will get your chance. Don't say stupid stuff you are one of the few rational guys on here don't get crazy because its rivalry week. Sc can beat or play with anyone in this state and so can rc but let's not get it twisted.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
What you stated makes no damn sense. Scotland beat Gibbons for one last year and the second thing is they are 4a. Scotland got beat by butler because we were not very good at the beginning of the season and we lost to almost everyone. Not many people beat Mallard Creek hopefully you will get your chance. Don't say stupid stuff you are one of the few rational guys on here don't get crazy because its rivalry week. Sc can beat or play with anyone in this state and so can rc but let's not get it twisted.
They can beat or play with anyone in the state??? Pinecrest!?!?

They can beat or play with anyone in the state??? Pinecrest!?!?
And they can loose to teams as well. You guys have done nothing but what you were supposed to thus far but keeping thinking you are a juggernaut. This will all work itself out in a few weeks and it will have nothing to do with what is on this board that's for sure.

Rc has a team to crow about because until this year you have been as loud as a rat pissing on cotton for the last 10 plus years. Glad you are back in the conversation. See you Friday we will roll over for you as soon as you walk off the bus because sc kids are just terrified by the sight of the green and gold - please don't hit us raiders!

Last edited:
The game will be another battle but RC don’t need to worry about us , we will just keep playing in the playoffs and they get to watch us like they have the past few years sitting in Rockingham. Lol, I would like to see both these teams win it all in the 4 AA and 4, That would be a great bragging rights for our conference. If we can slow Hood down we can win. If not the creek or Myers Park. Will
Play apart who goes where on the west. I’m sure CG will be looking for us. Not many week s left of football, Have fun

The game will be another battle but RC don’t need to worry about us , we will just keep playing in the playoffs and they get to watch us like they have the past few years sitting in Rockingham. Lol, I would like to see both these teams win it all in the 4 AA and 4, That would be a great bragging rights for our conference. If we can slow Hood down we can win. If not the creek or Myers Park. Will
Play apart who goes where on the west. I’m sure CG will be looking for us. Not many week s left of football, Have fun
The 4a bracket is the weakest out of all 3a and 4a. Facts. So yes in the playoffs we will be playing some of the top teams in the nation and the skirts will be playing 3rd tear NC teams.

The 4a bracket is the weakest out of all 3a and 4a. Facts. So yes in the playoffs we will be playing some of the top teams in the nation and the skirts will be playing 3rd tear NC teams.
half of the MaxPreps 4a top 25 in NC right now are the smaller size 4a schools, while the statement maybe correct for the top 4 it is not correct from top to bottom,also maybe you should actually check the numbers on that 3a,aa statement comparison with the smaller 4a so you do not look like an idiot just typing haphazardly on a message board.

Last edited:
Well, its rivalry week. Talk is cheap.Weall know that. Its early in the week. We have a good team and we're proud, but just remember how we sat here and read this stuff oh... 7 or 8 years straight, especially during the Zamir White era... we took it on the chin...but now its different. .. We dont know what we're talking about. It's just smack. Should be fun.. I think anybody can win...I've seen it . Its gonna be a hard fought battle.. I like my team. What's wrong with that. I keep getting attacked for pulling for my team. Lol...good luck to all...be safe...and...GO RAIDERS...

Reactions: Raiderdev23
Well, its rivalry week. Talk is cheap.Weall know that. Its early in the week. We have a good team and we're proud, but just remember how we sat here and read this stuff oh... 7 or 8 years straight, especially during the Zamir White era... we took it on the chin...but now its different. .. We dont know what we're talking about. It's just smack. Should be fun.. I think anybody can win...I've seen it . Its gonna be a hard fought battle.. I like my team. What's wrong with that. I keep getting attacked for pulling for my team. Lol...good luck to all...be safe...and...GO RAIDERS...

You need to stop. Even they know what we are talking about. We heard it for the last 7 or 8 years and they heard it for the previous 14 or 15 years. SC and RC will both leave it on the field when they play every time they play without doubt. Man up PULL for your team it's rivalry week for gods sake give them some bulletin board material...

Reactions: Raider7967
I was about to say that when my son qas playing dor Richmond was in the Zamir time and we had to listen to all the crap even in my sons senior year Zamir was held to under 70 yds rushing. Scotland had rhe team to beat and I will admit it but some can dish it out but when someone else has a decent tram to pull for, their panties get in a wad. I for one will stay away from message board from this point on this week. Not worth even reading all the BS. Hope both teams xome away healthy for playoffs.

You need to stop. Even they know what we are talking about. We heard it for the last 7 or 8 years and they heard it for the previous 14 or 15 years. SC and RC will both leave it on the field when they play every time they play without doubt. Man up PULL for your team it's rivalry week for gods sake give them some bulletin board material...
Damn right pull for them but don't act like you are playing the sisters of the poor. I could give two cents and a turd at the end of the day. I just like good football and some good smack. I just find it interesting that some try to talk as if sc is some douche bag program. Supposedly you all have the best team everything on paper suggest that. At the end of the day someone will be crowing come friday and someone will be moaning. Scots playing with house money we already lost so we can't be that much of a concern.

I was about to say that when my son qas playing dor Richmond was in the Zamir time and we had to listen to all the crap even in my sons senior year Zamir was held to under 70 yds rushing..
the man was hurt that night and dragging a leg, another back did the damage and the defense

the man was hurt that night and dragging a leg, another back did the damage and the defense
Yes dell mcgee was at that game and so was fedora. Smiley ran for 165 but z showed what he would do when healthy just like he will at Georgia or somewhere before he is done

Last edited:
THIS GAME HASN'T BEN PLAYED YET. Come on guys, calm down. I'm gonna wait like Raiderdev...it ain't worth getting all excited about. I will make my conf. Picks when it comes up... GO RAIDERS!!!!!

This will be my first RC vs SC game, looking forward to Friday. Anybody know when ticket booth opens? I am to far away to get presales tickets

I imagine ticket booth will open around 5 , get your ticket then get in line to enter stadium, there will be virtually no line at tick booth because as I said before most tickets are bought ahead of time . It will amaze you the people around and line to get into the stadium at 5pm , 2.5 hrs before kick .
It wil be SRO BY 630. Unless you got some of these reserved type like I have in my pocket .

You might want to get there around 3:30-4:00

I have seen the line still be hundreds deep waiting to get into the game at the end of the 1st quarter. I have also seen the fire marshall stop letting people in. So as others have said... GET THERE EARLY.

And since you're there early...look for Go Scots. He ought to be out there (tailgating) cooking. Tell him, Twister sent ya!!

Reactions: Raider7967
I have seen the line still be hundreds deep waiting to get into the game at the end of the 1st quarter. I have also seen the fire marshall stop letting people in. So as others have said... GET THERE EARLY.

And since you're there early...look for Go Scots. He ought to be out there (tailgating) cooking. Tell him, Twister sent ya!!
If you look behind the end zone facing HWY 401, you’ll see fans honking their horns, and literally pulling over on the side of the road to watch the game. Police have been more present on that stretch as of late, though.

Does pre sale of tickets end on Thursday or will be going into some point on Friday at school, some other location???

Anyone outside of Scotland county think the skirts are going to win the game?

Damn right pull for them but don't act like you are playing the sisters of the poor. I could give two cents and a turd at the end of the day. I just like good football and some good smack. I just find it interesting that some try to talk as if sc is some douche bag program. Supposedly you all have the best team everything on paper suggest that. At the end of the day someone will be crowing come friday and someone will be moaning. Scots playing with house money we already lost so we can't be that much of a concern.

I like great football myself. Scotland has proven themselves over the years and this is usually a great game for those that love the game and are into high school too. I like watching up and coming kids that I may see on Saturday or maybe even the next level someday. I am sure the coaches and kids will be ready on both sides of the county line. We look better on paper, but that doesn't seem to matter in this game. There aren't many places you can go for an atmosphere like this. No prediction, just want to see the Raiders play 4 great quarters and tee up that mentality for the playoffs. If you think about it, we are all pretty lucky to have a rivalry like this. I am just as impressed with the respect both programs have for each other after the game. Let's keep it that way and here is to no injuries! Go RAIDERS!

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
Absolutely no doubt. Scots may go on and win the "little a" championship but Friday night they will play the best team they will play all year. To be honest I'm not sure if I would say the Scots are better than Butler or Gibbons.
we beat gibbons when we where 5-5 comes up with something else moron i meant 98. Sorry.

Great post...BB you are a great fan, but nothing said here will impact the outcome. Go with the flow and have a little fun.

i hope yall come to laurinburg thinking this is the way it will be don't remember 69 being scored on your team do you.

Thats a good one. If he was that hurt why was he on field? According to some of your own fans that has a lot to do with the problems he has had with injuries. No matter how good a player is he can be used too much. Even young players can get wear and tear.

you are bashing a team you are 1-7 against do you take medicine.

you are bashing a team you are 1-7 against do you take medicine.
We have won like 30 more games than the Scots have in this rivalry. I think 19 straight. They didn't just start playing 8 years ago. I'm not going to stoop to your level and call you some name. Have a great day.

Well by Friday this should be at a fevers pitch - lol! Richmond is just in cruise control hope the lil Scots (3AA bound at realignment) can keep it respectable. Everything points to us being roadkill - Now for some analysis saw RC on replay the right side of the OL is not that great. The left is pretty darn good especially against the run. The center takes up a lot of space but seems to struggle with quick interior lineman. #33 is just a tough kid nothing bad to say about him. All of the receivers are home run hitters but they do have some unexplainable drops. #5 best dual purpose qb in the state if he played the whole game his numbers would be insane. The key for SC is to keep it all in front and for the football gods sake do not give them the short field. When they have failed to score its when they have to go the long way and they get behind the chains with penalties. I think we will be fine against the run if we take away Hood. I expect to see a heavy dose of him on the read. Our ILB's have to be stout. Defensively RC is very similar to sc a lot of blitzing by the inside guys. I don't think they even care about dropping into coverage. The key to running on them is right up the middle because they rarely play with a safety in the middle of the field a lot of man coverage. If SC can hit a few slants to Chavis we could get some big plays but he has got to stop dropping the ball. Kid is a burner but like RC just some inexcusable drops. I think #8 will be a problem for RC between the tackles and Bruce needs to carry the ball going north and south. Got to control the LOS and when the opportunity arises we have to score. We don't need to get cute but we cannot have penalties on offense that gets us behind the chains. End of the day I think RC has the pieces to make this a tough game for Scots but SC just needs to win one quarter at a time and don't over think it.

Well by Friday this should be at a fevers pitch - lol! Richmond is just in cruise control hope the lil Scots (3AA bound at realignment) can keep it respectable. Everything points to us being roadkill - Now for some analysis saw RC on replay the right side of the OL is not that great. The left is pretty darn good especially against the run. The center takes up a lot of space but seems to struggle with quick interior lineman. #33 is just a tough kid nothing bad to say about him. All of the receivers are home run hitters but they do have some unexplainable drops. #5 best dual purpose qb in the state if he played the whole game his numbers would be insane. The key for SC is to keep it all in front and for the football gods sake do not give them the short field. When they have failed to score its when they have to go the long way and they get behind the chains with penalties. I think we will be fine against the run if we take away Hood. I expect to see a heavy dose of him on the read. Our ILB's have to be stout. Defensively RC is very similar to sc a lot of blitzing by the inside guys. I don't think they even care about dropping into coverage. The key to running on them is right up the middle because they rarely play with a safety in the middle of the field a lot of man coverage. If SC can hit a few slants to Chavis we could get some big plays but he has got to stop dropping the ball. Kid is a burner but like RC just some inexcusable drops. I think #8 will be a problem for RC between the tackles and Bruce needs to carry the ball going north and south. Got to control the LOS and when the opportunity arises we have to score. We don't need to get cute but we cannot have penalties on offense that gets us behind the chains. End of the day I think RC has the pieces to make this a tough game for Scots but SC just needs to win one quarter at a time and don't over think it.
Rooting for my Raiders, but this is a great analysis, my man.

Two games i would like to go to sc rc and dudley hillside . Go chicken farmers there are alot of them up here. One my co workers is a pcrest Alum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT