ADVERTISEMENT

RAIDERS at Scotland

The 4a bracket is the weakest out of all 3a and 4a. Facts. So yes in the playoffs we will be playing some of the top teams in the nation and the skirts will be playing 3rd tear NC teams.
RCO RAIDER, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE BIGGEST TRASH TALKER ON THIS FORUM. FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS I HAVE SAT HERE AND WATCHED. FOR STARTERS, YOU YOURSELF AS A FORMER RAIDER SHOULD NOT STOOP SO LOW AS TO DOWN OTHER TEAMS WHEN YALL SIT AT HOME FROM ROUND 2 ON. WHAT WOULD OLE COACH EMORY THINK OF YOU AND YOUR POOR MOUTHING.

Well by Friday this should be at a fevers pitch - lol! Richmond is just in cruise control hope the lil Scots (3AA bound at realignment) can keep it respectable. Everything points to us being roadkill - Now for some analysis saw RC on replay the right side of the OL is not that great. The left is pretty darn good especially against the run. The center takes up a lot of space but seems to struggle with quick interior lineman. #33 is just a tough kid nothing bad to say about him. All of the receivers are home run hitters but they do have some unexplainable drops. #5 best dual purpose qb in the state if he played the whole game his numbers would be insane. The key for SC is to keep it all in front and for the football gods sake do not give them the short field. When they have failed to score its when they have to go the long way and they get behind the chains with penalties. I think we will be fine against the run if we take away Hood. I expect to see a heavy dose of him on the read. Our ILB's have to be stout. Defensively RC is very similar to sc a lot of blitzing by the inside guys. I don't think they even care about dropping into coverage. The key to running on them is right up the middle because they rarely play with a safety in the middle of the field a lot of man coverage. If SC can hit a few slants to Chavis we could get some big plays but he has got to stop dropping the ball. Kid is a burner but like RC just some inexcusable drops. I think #8 will be a problem for RC between the tackles and Bruce needs to carry the ball going north and south. Got to control the LOS and when the opportunity arises we have to score. We don't need to get cute but we cannot have penalties on offense that gets us behind the chains. End of the day I think RC has the pieces to make this a tough game for Scots but SC just needs to win one quarter at a time and don't over think it.
Great analysis DMac! Spot on....

The legends of smackin sir jungle smee and the honorable ct147.they were banned more anybody on ncpreps.

RCO RAIDER, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE BIGGEST TRASH TALKER ON THIS FORUM. FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS I HAVE SAT HERE AND WATCHED. FOR STARTERS, YOU YOURSELF AS A FORMER RAIDER SHOULD NOT STOOP SO LOW AS TO DOWN OTHER TEAMS WHEN YALL SIT AT HOME FROM ROUND 2 ON. WHAT WOULD OLE COACH EMORY THINK OF YOU AND YOUR POOR MOUTHING.
All caps!!! You mad bro?

Well by Friday this should be at a fevers pitch - lol! Richmond is just in cruise control hope the lil Scots (3AA bound at realignment) can keep it respectable. Everything points to us being roadkill - Now for some analysis saw RC on replay the right side of the OL is not that great. The left is pretty darn good especially against the run. The center takes up a lot of space but seems to struggle with quick interior lineman. #33 is just a tough kid nothing bad to say about him. All of the receivers are home run hitters but they do have some unexplainable drops. #5 best dual purpose qb in the state if he played the whole game his numbers would be insane. The key for SC is to keep it all in front and for the football gods sake do not give them the short field. When they have failed to score its when they have to go the long way and they get behind the chains with penalties. I think we will be fine against the run if we take away Hood. I expect to see a heavy dose of him on the read. Our ILB's have to be stout. Defensively RC is very similar to sc a lot of blitzing by the inside guys. I don't think they even care about dropping into coverage. The key to running on them is right up the middle because they rarely play with a safety in the middle of the field a lot of man coverage. If SC can hit a few slants to Chavis we could get some big plays but he has got to stop dropping the ball. Kid is a burner but like RC just some inexcusable drops. I think #8 will be a problem for RC between the tackles and Bruce needs to carry the ball going north and south. Got to control the LOS and when the opportunity arises we have to score. We don't need to get cute but we cannot have penalties on offense that gets us behind the chains. End of the day I think RC has the pieces to make this a tough game for Scots but SC just needs to win one quarter at a time and don't over think it.
Pretty good analysis. I'm wondering what games you have watched? You mentioned drops. We haven't had many but did have a couple against JB and Hoke.

What time do you folks think with pre-tickets, that we need to be at the game? 4 is unrealistic for those that travel and work. Would 6 work or do I need to listen to the stream. I don't want to miss this one.

Last game there I was in line at 5 and didn't get a seat. I wish this game could be played at Richmond every year.

Reactions: Raider7967
I was at Pate stadium several years back and I arrived at the Raiders side ~5:15 PM. The line was already ~1/4 mile long and I didn't get into the stadium till ~6:30 PM. Found one seat close to the top on the Raider side that one kind soul gave me...I guess because I am a SC.:rolleyes:

I was at Pate stadium several years back and I arrived at the Raiders side ~5:15 PM. The line was already ~1/4 mile long and I didn't get into the stadium till ~6:30 PM. Found one seat close to the top on the Raider side that one kind soul gave me...I guess because I am a SC.:rolleyes:

LOL..I can be there by 530-6. I guess I will take my chances.

If any of you "outside the area" folks need tickets, let me know. I will go get them tomorrow. I will do 2-3 if anybody is interested. I would like to see the game.lol.

Hey guys. I've only seen Richmond once and that was a game that was streamed. I know Hood can definitely motor it with his feet. Does he throw the ball much?

They dont open the gate till like 6,and they got an hour and a half to fill up but they usually still coming in after that. Itll be a pile of em... both sides and around. The um... one side starts leaving the bout halftime...lol. jk guys .. be cool.

Reactions: Raider7967
Back to my RAIDER hideout .Anybody gonna post the SAC games for this week ? The other teams are playin too... lol

They dont open the gate till like 6,and they got an hour and a half to fill up but they usually still coming in after that. Itll be a pile of em... both sides and around. The um... one side starts leaving the bout halftime...lol. jk guys .. be cool.
Gates supposed to open at 5:30

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Hey guys. I've only seen Richmond once and that was a game that was streamed. I know Hood can definitely motor it with his feet. Does he throw the ball much?

Absolutely he does. He doesn't use his feet unless he really needs too. RC has a great passing game. We have receivers that can bring it in.

Absolutely he does. He doesn't use his feet unless he really needs too. RC has a great passing game. We have receivers that can bring it in.
Yes, I guess he does throw it. Thanks for the info. So, if you guys go west, sounds like you'll be better prepared for Myers Park and Mallard Creek. Most have heard about Myers Park, but Mallard Creek can sling it this year. It's going to be one, monster regional if ya'll go west. Now regarding this game, don't tell any Scots fans, but I'm thinking you take Scotland by a minimum of a couple of scores.

Yes, I guess he does throw it. Thanks for the info. So, if you guys go west, sounds like you'll be better prepared for Myers Park and Mallard Creek. Most have heard about Myers Park, but Mallard Creek can sling it this year. It's going to be one, monster regional if ya'll go west. Now regarding this game, don't tell any Scots fans, but I'm thinking you take Scotland by a minimum of a couple of scores.

Better prepared...for sure. Tough games though. Line play/mistakes could be a huge factor. MP...we should at least know how to play them after last year. Your secret with Scotland is safe with me. They are always tough though...

Well, well, well would you look at this mess. For years the great one good ol' Go_Scots was the pot stirrer when it came to Scotland/Richmond. I'm over here on the sidelines minding my own business and you all are in here at each other's throats like a bunch of savages over a high school football game that ,none of you all are playing in. Looks like I was right all along!

Well, well, well would you look at this mess. For years the great one good ol' Go_Scots was the pot stirrer when it came to Scotland/Richmond. I'm over here on the sidelines minding my own business and you all are in here at each other's throats like a bunch of savages over a high school football game that ,none of you all are playing in. Looks like I was right all along!

Not really. How about the best team win Friday. The kids play the games. If both teams could win their respective classes, that would be monumental. It's not probable by any means, but anything is possible. How would the SAC look then?

26 pt dog with a 5% win probability, we'll try to hang in the game as long as possible, we will see.
ball control, no turnovers, long field for the raiders

Reactions: kholton
All caps!!! You mad bro?
no, not mad at all. didnt realize it til you brought it up. you've been part of this game quite a few times and you know the rivalry runs deep. this game can go either way. a lot of times the better team does not win, right?? ive seen raider magic rear its head numerous times. so stats and records need not apply fri nite. come see us at out tailgate and fellowship with us, then we will become rivals for a few hours. lol. good luck to you all and GO SCOTS

no, not mad at all. didnt realize it til you brought it up. you've been part of this game quite a few times and you know the rivalry runs deep. this game can go either way. a lot of times the better team does not win, right?? ive seen raider magic rear its head numerous times. so stats and records need not apply fri nite. come see us at out tailgate and fellowship with us, then we will become rivals for a few hours. lol. good luck to you all and GO SCOTS
The better team always win. The team with the most points at the end is the better team.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin

a small amount of the cars are in view here , much more to the left other side of school, everywhere,
Scots 69-47 2017
(watch it at the scots football twitter if it doesn't play here)

Last edited:
Game time 7:30 at Pate Stadium. Gates open at 5:30. Tailgating on campus cannot begin before 3:15.

Home stands will be like this...

Last edited:

Pre-sale tickets are available at both high schools as well as downtown Laurinburg at Shirt Tales and Scotland Bling. There are also a very limited number of reserved seats available at Scotland for $10.

Larry your silence is deafening...

LOL

7 Time state champs will win by 3 TDS. Wall at QB Scots running 5 plays. Too much talent this year and next for any team east of Mecklenburg county.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT