ADVERTISEMENT

RAIDERS at Butler

Something is amiss with the Butler O. Players lining up in the wrong spot, having to be adjusted, causing movement, wideouts dropping passes, qb not throwing the (legally) ball away, receivers dropping passes, backs not getting out of bounds in the fourth when they are not getting more yards, line getting dominated. Surprised.

Last edited:
Richmond d front is very athletic and the D is aggressive. The Butler line was a good matchup for them. Constantly getting pressure and getting the push off the edge and up the middle. More impressed with D than O. Did not think I would say that.

Hood did not hurt Butler big with his feet except one long run but they had to be keying on him which opens things up. Thought the Richmond receivers look good. Made some nice, athletic catches. Hood changes the game when he rolls out and throws better than when in the pocket. Little inconsistent on the pass but when he is on he is absolutely dynamite (as a prep qb period not as a sophomore qb).

Richmond has a few tests before the playoffs but if they play like they did tonight I do not expect them to lose a conference game.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Richmond @ Butler
Butlers size is down, qb is not what I expected, average in my opinion. #20 is a good sized back and will come at you. Their receivers can create space but can’t make plays when needed! Had 6-8 wide open passes,dropped!

Richmond’s offense was more balanced tonight, Covington running hard but had a fumble in Butler territory which was recovered by Butler. Receivers made some big plays as well. Defense came to play tonight CJ (sophomore)was all over the field. Only concern was our secondary, we will have to tighten up coverage / stay on assignments to contend with teams who pass well! Great game Raiders!!

Something is amiss with the Butler O. Players lining up in the wrong spot, having to be adjusted, causing movement, wideouts dropping passes, qb not throwing the (legally) ball away, receivers dropping passes, backs not getting out of bounds in the fourth when they are not getting more yards, line getting dominated. Surprised.

Couda...shouda...wouda
Looking at the scores, the defense is great vs inferior teams pinecrest n Reagan but giving up almost 50 AND playing at home isnt a good look. I think next yr Richmond will b top 5. This week will prove how good u r playing a top tier team on the road in a hostile environment. I'll b watching this 1 1st hand.

How about this year!!

RAIDER D really played great tonight. Butler stayed behind the chains most of the night especially in the 2nd half. We gave up a few big plays but over all did well. Still lots of room to improve on offense and defense.

Reactions: Ben-Badd and S2V2
My son plays at PF (JV) great kid by the way and might be a good player if he can add some pounds to that 5'10 frame in a few years and he continues to grow like his old man. I spoke to a number of the parents and a few players on varsity and they said RC defense is pretty salty. They said the offense was not as good as they thought hence holding them to a very low output 3/4 of the game. They believe it all starts on O with the QB and the Oline is decent but nothing to write home about. They said that RC plays very fast and aggressive and leaves you with the ability to make the big play if you have the ability to hit the shots that they allow. With that being said RC will probably run the table for the reminder of the reg season. I have now seen all the SEC teams that matter and I think RC is the class of the conference with 2nd place being truly up for grabs. 71st got dominated upfront by a pedestrian Southern D team. They have some very good skilled players but up front S Durham is avg at best and they whipped 71st all night long. PC is solid and I thin Britt will be a tough out they just struggle to score. SC we will be a 6-5 team maybe 7-4 at best. Too many mistakes and I doubt #5 plays again this year. That is just my guess. I would like to see him play but he has a college future ahead of him and I think that is more important on a selfish level. If he gets healthy then I hope he can leave with a playoff run because the 4a east is as open or as weak as I have seen in years. There is no special team with a special talent you can pretty much take that to the bank. RC much respect but I ain't waving the white flag just yet. In order to be the man you have to beat the man as some bleached blonde guy would crow as he strutted and sashayed his ass across the ring! A lot of ball left to play and that means injuries, upsets, bad calls, bad play calls and the unknown!

Was really impressed with the RB for Richmond #33 and the QB. The RB has really good vision and can cut well for a good size back. The QB has good legs and a good arm. I was somewhat perplexed why he threw into double coverage a lot, most of the time overthrowing the receiver. Then I thought maybe it was designed for the receiver to go up and get it. Overall, Richmond is stout and I can see why they gave Wake fits. Special teams need work, especially the kicking game. They did have a nice FG but those missed extra points will come back and bite you if it does not get corrected.
Both teams struggled with extra points last night. For being 4AA schools, you would think they could find a kicker roaming the halls somewhere............................
Overall great game and atmosphere. Congrats to the Raiders!

Reactions: S2V2 and Ben-Badd
Was really impressed with the RB for Richmond #33 and the QB. The RB has really good vision and can cut well for a good size back. The QB has good legs and a good arm. I was somewhat perplexed why he threw into double coverage a lot, most of the time overthrowing the receiver. Then I thought maybe it was designed for the receiver to go up and get it. Overall, Richmond is stout and I can see why they gave Wake fits. Special teams need work, especially the kicking game. They did have a nice FG but those missed extra points will come back and bite you if it does not get corrected.
Both teams struggled with extra points last night. For being 4AA schools, you would think they could find a kicker roaming the halls somewhere............................
Overall great game and atmosphere. Congrats to the Raiders!
Has anyone in Richmond ever tried to recruit a Spanish kicker with a right or left foot in the ESL class?

Raider defense has played really well last 2 weeks. Butler QB was under pressure most of the night. Raider linebackers pursue the ball really well. Was a lil skeptical at first about 3-4 defense but they playing well

First game of the year we gave up 49 points to the 4aa STATE CHAMPS, on the road, ( their HOUSE ) ( STATE CHAMPS ) ( FIRST GAME ) GOT BEAT... Not 50 points...Thats why we schedule those games... It was a good game plan that just didnt work... That was 4 weeks ago... no one to blame now... I am proud of this coaching staff and these kids.It is a patient process, that is still in the blend. Patience, hard work, beginning to pay off. ( Not to mention ) all the crap talk, this team had to endure over the past 5 - 7 years...Seems like nobody likes a winner except the winner himself...I guess I rambled enough.not saying that RICHMOND is a state champion by any means, that was an impressive show last night...I for one dont believe it was a fluke...good game Raiders.
........GO RAIDERS...

This win means nothing if we don't win the next one. We should be heavy favorites the rest of the way til playoffs. 71st I think Will be the close game. Like to see us get healthy Ann take care of business the rest of the way.

Reactions: Raider7967 and S2V2
This win means nothing if we don't win the next one. We should be heavy favorites the rest of the way til playoffs. 71st I think Will be the close game. Like to see us get healthy Ann take care of business the rest of the way.
STOP!!!!! lol
laughing-emoji.jpg

LOL... One game at a time...who's next Mr. Swett? H.mm.week off. Different game plan next game... GO RAIDERS.

Reactions: S2V2
Has anyone in Richmond ever tried to recruit a Spanish kicker with a right or left foot in the ESL class?

It's not the kicker. It's the snaps. Back up QB is the holder and is doing a tremendous job catching the snaps that are all over the place and getting them in position for the kick. I've seen him catch the snap on his opposite side and still get it back around and down for a successful kick. I do believe it is getting better but not yet consistent enough. I'm sure they are working on it.

Kick offs was terrible. We missed 1 extra point first 1 since game 1 and we made a fg. Special teams 10 times better than week 1. Our kicker and punter are both really good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT