ADVERTISEMENT

RAIDERS at Butler

rcoraider98

Sep 10, 2013
Can we win? Yes. Will we? I havn't seen anything so far that would suggest we ready to contend with the top NC teams. I know we will be ready this Fri hope we bring a big loud crowd.

I will have to throw out the Scotland game because they are a mess. Butler is hard to judge. I think they are a really good team. I still have a questions about the QB after the last game. Didn’t have a great percentage but his receivers had 5-6 drops. I like Butler’s defense. They do get after the QB. Not sure about Lesane’s status after getting tossed in the MC game.

I do expect Richmond to be more competitive than Scotland.

Butler is going to stack the box against Richmond and make the QB throw. DL # 19 lives in the backfield. On offense they get their skill guys and space and let them make plays. They have a lot of skill guys. They love running off the edge.The QB for Butler is average, but Hales does a great job of not requiring him to do a lot. I know nothing about Richmond.

Reactions: S2V2
Richmond will score points. I believe that the passing game is ahead of the running game at this point. The defense, despite its showing against Wake Forest, has improved from last season. Little more size on D, and speed. O-Line hasn’t been the same since Hoggard left, but they have good size except for RG. They’re very young on the line as well. WR corp is young, and missing their #1 WR due to a torn ACL, but they’re solid across the board. Big WR in #84. Difference will be how many stops these two defenses get. Think it’ll be high-scoring.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Richmond will come to play...I sense something in this team that is much better than last year..You guys know I believe in em and if what they throwed at Scotland is all they got, then they already know theyre in trouble...It will be a good game. Good luck to both teams...be SAFE. 4 QTRS. guys.

Can we win? Yes. Will we? I havn't seen anything so far that would suggest we ready to contend with the top NC teams. I know we will be ready this Fri hope we bring a big loud crowd.

I have to agree rcoraider. There have been a couple of great games between these two teams. I hope we can pull it out and it will be another good gauge as to where this team is. I don't like to compare scores,but it will be interesting to check out another top tier team since I saw our game against WF. I do like our schedule.

Not sure what to think here.I think Butler will score. Lesane, Worthy and Quesan are not only fast but very strong with the ball. The limited look at Richmond showed they still were a bit undersized and not great tacklers.

Not sure about Butler defense. MC went up and down field on them. Richmond QB is special and the Oline looks much improved.

This could be a shoot out like the one at Providence a couple years ago.

I will have to throw out the Scotland game because they are a mess. Butler is hard to judge. I think they are a really good team. I still have a questions about the QB after the last game. Didn’t have a great percentage but his receivers had 5-6 drops. I like Butler’s defense. They do get after the QB. Not sure about Lesane’s status after getting tossed in the MC game.

I do expect Richmond to be more competitive than Scotland.
Rule book says disqualified for the next game.

Not sure what to think here.I think Butler will score. Lesane, Worthy and Quesan are not only fast but very strong with the ball. The limited look at Richmond showed they still were a bit undersized and not great tacklers.

Not sure about Butler defense. MC went up and down field on them. Richmond QB is special and the Oline looks much improved.

This could be a shoot out like the one at Providence a couple years ago.

Considering how bad the offense and special teams played during the first half of the game I thought Butler’s defense played ok overall against the Creek. They played well enough to give Butler a chance to tie the game. Richmond County usually has alot of speed on offense so it will be interesting.

Butler is going to stack the box against Richmond and make the QB throw. DL # 19 lives in the backfield. On offense they get their skill guys and space and let them make plays. They have a lot of skill guys. They love running off the edge.The QB for Butler is average, but Hales does a great job of not requiring him to do a lot. I know nothing about Richmond.
LMAO
Someone jump on him
THIS KID IS A FOOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering how bad the offense and special teams played during the first half of the game I thought Butler’s defense played ok overall against the Creek. They played well enough to give Butler a chance to tie the game. Richmond County usually has alot of speed on offense so it will be interesting.

Mallard Creek punted once. Had to have 300 yds rushing. 1 pick ( great play) , one fumble and a safety kept them from mid 40s maybe even 50s.They also took a knee on the 2 yd line to end the game.

Mallard Creek punted once. Had to have 300 yds rushing. 1 pick ( great play) , one fumble and a safety kept them from mid 40s maybe even 50s.They also took a knee on the 2 yd line to end the game.

I believe there was a punt block for a TD and a bad punt deep in Butler’s territory that barely went 16 yards that set up another short TD. I don’t think that’s on the defense. Dropped passes and not sustaining drives where the defense can get a breather isn’t a defense issue. Missing a field goal, thats not a defensive issue. The defense did enough to stop Mallard Creek and give the ball to the offense to tie the game midway in the fourth. Sure MC could’ve scored at the end of the game but the blocked punt wasn’t scored on the defense either.

Again the other two units put the defense in horrible positions. Its the same issue they had last year.

MC pretty much did what they wanted the 1st 3 possessions. Giving a team like Butler a short field with penalties didn't help. They took advantage. Speaking of drop passes, The Creek left 6 on the field before the half at the back of end zone. As Butler fans said. "YOU CAN'T DO THAT". They made a run, and MC settled down, and made plays. The last possession was a repeat of the first 3. Went 78 yards and kneeled. Ball Game! Great possibility they will see each other again. Richmond & Butler game will be huge obstacles for both programs.

Pretty sure Lesane was ejected for the two personal foul / unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Missed second half of MC game and will miss this week. Not sure he misses any, all, or a half of the following game. He is a great player but needs to control his actions a bit. Refs were on him in the Scotland game and he was the on the radar a few times in the MC game before the ejection which resulted from taunting on the TD.

I believe there was a punt block for a TD and a bad punt deep in Butler’s territory that barely went 16 yards that set up another short TD. I don’t think that’s on the defense. Dropped passes and not sustaining drives where the defense can get a breather isn’t a defense issue. Missing a field goal, thats not a defensive issue. The defense did enough to stop Mallard Creek and give the ball to the offense to tie the game midway in the fourth. Sure MC could’ve scored at the end of the game but the blocked punt wasn’t scored on the defense either.

Again the other two units put the defense in horrible positions. Its the same issue they had last year.

It was a disjointed game to be sure. SHort fields, turnovers, blocked punts. I never really felt like Butler got many stops. First drive of the game was 10 play 80 yards. Thought Butler did a good job of getting pressure and defending the pass but they got pushed around a ton and struggled to defend Mincy and Kelly running combo.

I think Richmond's defensive performance last week was a bit misleading. We still can't stop a big, strong offensive line and don't contain at all. We simply don't have the front 7 to play an effective 3 man front. Unfortunately, we continue to try. As much as I'd like to believe it, I don't see us beating Butler.

I SEEIT...LOOK... I SEE IT... OPEN YORE EYES EVERYBODY...GO RICHMOND RAIDERS...I jest had to do that...

Reactions: S2V2
RC will need to get off to a fast start. Butler has really dominated the Raiders in the 1st half of most of the games. RC was up 27-20 in 2014 and won in OT 55-54. In the other games they have been down by 2 and 3 TDs at half and tha's hard to come back from. Good luck to RC this week.

Last year was close 27-21. It was 27-7 at halftime. Year before we had them by 19 at halftime and they came back on us. If we play offensively like we did the 1st half against WF and defense like we did the 3rd quarter of that game I like our chances against anyone.

Thats what im sayin...play 4 complete qtrs...we got the the players...Butler will be tough... GO RAIDERS.

At the half
2017-Butler by 20
2016 RC by 19
2015 Butler by 32
2014 RC by 7
2013 Butler by 15

Vance has a bye week so I bet a lot of people in Charlotte r going 2 check this game out 2 see what both teams have. Mallard creek is playing berry so I'll bet some of those will leave early or probably go n see this game instead. I'll b there!!

Vance has a bye week so I bet a lot of people in Charlotte r going 2 check this game out 2 see what both teams have. Mallard creek is playing berry so I'll bet some of those will leave early or probably go n see this game instead. I'll b there!!

If I was in town this would have been the game I would have gone to.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
I have not been notified of a change of venue, so I would say at Butler @ 7:00 not 7:30.

Nobodies pickin us cept me i guess...I guess we are the underdawg agin...
GO RAIDERS!!!
Oh yes we can.

They wont be near 3 t.d.s lost...they could win that game. Thats how close i got it...if ojr qb is on his game, and thd vuys dont drop em, we'll be arojnd at the end and i know Butler just dreads the far outta that...the team that wont go away...you ask Mr. Swett...We been there. BeFOre. GO RAIDERS...

It was a 7 point game last year now everyone is saying RAIDERS lose by 20 or more. Why? Is butler that much better than last year? I'm saying the same score as last year but reversed 27-21 RSHS RAIDERS

Richmond playing away, lesane is out but butler proved that they can play without him. Richmond defense already shown that they cant stop a water leak. 37-21 butler. Until that defense tighten up Richmond jus middle of the road. Raiders gotta basically hope butler is jus off n turn the ball over like crazy. I can't see a team winning if ur relying on that and not have confidence in ur boys stopping anybody.

They wont be near 3 t.d.s lost...they could win that game. Thats how close i got it...if ojr qb is on his game, and thd vuys dont drop em, we'll be arojnd at the end and i know Butler just dreads the far outta that...the team that wont go away...you ask Mr. Swett...We been there. BeFOre. GO RAIDERS...
BenBADD
Please dont fall for the "DAMOUTH Unsolved Mystery" gig. Peeps are going to be peeps. You see, humans are copy-cats. Just because Johnny blow works 9-5 Jimmy John believes he must work 9-5. Thats not the case. You can live life and have the best of both worlds - Time Freedom & Financial Freedom. Anyhow BenBADD, as solid confirmation, I am not DAMOUTH and nor is DAMOUTH myself. I am not a copy cat but everyone for some reason wants to be like MIKE.

GO RAIDERS.....

Last edited:
Richmond’s d is better than some may realize, we just have to put all 4 quarters together!
I’m with ya BenBadd
34-21 Richmond

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT