ADVERTISEMENT

R-Ville = Cupcake bracket.

Kazuma

Mar 9, 2004
Am I the only one who thinks R-ville is playing the cupcake bracket so far? I hope next week Pups puts an end to the Cinderella season.

Reactions: BK13T-$
that's funny because as far as I can see your both in the same bracket.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Same bracket but different teams, all they are doing is playing a regular season schedule.
laugh.r191677.gif
Pulling for the Pup's.

If Rosman or Murphy was in the other side of the bracket it would be a SMC Regional final.

BELIEVE IN THE JOURNEY !!!

Originally posted by Kazuma:
Am I the only one who thinks R-ville is playing the cupcake bracket so far? I hope next week Pups puts an end to the Cinderella season.
That's the NCHSAA's problem; Robbinsville can only play who is put in front of them.

I'm a little biased, but IMHO last night was no cupcake game.

I agree O&B! I dreaded that game since last Friday. Rosman played hard and will be a force next year.

Sadly most of the first two rounds of the 1A can be called a cupcake bracket. There are very few match ups of teams with winning records. Weak brackets=too many teams get in.

Originally posted by Kazuma:
No disrespect to my Tiger Pals.
I understand. Blame lack of sleep, a faulty sarcasm detector, and Hudl not wanting to cooperate with a humble statistician.
smile.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/22 12:23 PM by OrangeNBlackAtta

No cupcake this coming Friday! It's gonna be a slugfest! Gonna stuff my face Thursday, watch some football, then go claim my spot in the stands about 5 Friday evening.

Hey Loco, will you rope off a section of fence for me?
laugh.r191677.gif
I'll be in my Maroon Colors. My hypocrisy can only go so far.

Orange,

Zuma doesn't mean to slam Rosman, but his hatred of all things Graham County just clouds his little brain. I think he may have had his clock cleaned by a Rville lad or perhaps had his heart broken by a Rville lassie.
happy0011.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Go4itKnights:
Orange,

Zuma doesn't mean to slam Rosman, but his hatred of all things Graham County just clouds his little brain. I think he may have had his clock cleaned by a Rville lad or perhaps had his heart broken by a Rville lassie.
happy0011.r191677.gif
All my Lassie's have had good healthy teeth, kinda leave out GC folks.

Zumba, you used to be so much fun to spar with...now you just wanna hate all over us here in Graham County. I for one have all my teeth, and guess what? So does my friends!! I miss the Zumba of old, he was a lot more entertaining!!

Reactions: BK13T-$
Orange,

sign0019.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Knightsrule4ever:
Zumba, you used to be so much fun to spar with...now you just wanna hate all over us here in Graham County. I for one have all my teeth, and guess what? So does my friends!! I miss the Zumba of old, he was a lot more entertaining!!
No worries Knights, I'll be pulling for who ever wins after Friday nite. Heck, I'll even make the trip East for the Ship. Just like to rattle BK's cage a bit, just like he does everyone else during the season.

Orange,

wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by recycled2:

Orange,

laugh.r191677.gif

Even though Robbinsville has only had 1 state Championship in the last 30 years. We still have 12 State Championships under our belt more than swain or murphy.

And that one state championship team got their doors blown off by them dogs.

Just curious how many of those titles went through Murphy. I'm pretty sure Murphy beat some of those title teams. I know Murphy was probably 2a at the time for a lot of those titles. You can correct me if I'm wrong

Swain has 65 players on their roster, murphy has 57 very large teams for 1A. Asheville High only has 48 players on their roster and they are a 3A school.

Originally posted by Black Knight 454:
Swain has 65 players on their roster, murphy has 57 very large teams for 1A. Asheville High only has 48 players on their roster and they are a 3A school.
You want to count the 15 J.V. Players we pulled up in that 57 ? You just cant fix stupid

This post was edited on 11/27 11:14 AM by smcdogfan

Surely not a Black knight fan talking about numbers. Did he just equate our player turnout and enrollment to Asheville? LMAO!

Blackknight I know you played Murphy when they were 2a. My point was I'm pretty sure those title teams were beatien by the dogs a few times. When it gets down to it those state titles are nice and yes you do have more but let's just compare head to head all time and I bet it's not close. Blame it on numbers or recruiting ect but top to bottom swain and Murphy own you. Sorry head to head don't lie

Swain has beaten up on murphy the quite a few times the last few years. They are both way bigger schools than we are and recruit from neighboring schools. So it is not fair for them to stay in 1A. Murphy gets beat bad anytime they play teams their own size. Robbinsville still has 12 state championships compared to murphy's 6 and swains 7. We have only had one good coach since Mr. Colvin stopped coaching ( In 16 seasons he led the Knights to 11 state championships) that has hurt us a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT