ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Preliminarys are up!

Apparently we're back to worrying about geography in 1A. A lot of coin tosses conveniently went the way of whatever created the least amount of travel in round 1.

The bracket that's up now has a Blue Ridge-Nantahala first round game. I'm sure they'll enjoy playing each other for the 5th time this year. Hate a system that gives you conference match ups in the first round.

Braves have a really great path to get to the 4th round...which I'm hoping will be Cherokee-Hayesville round 4 with a trip to Greensboro on the line.

The bracket that's up now has a Blue Ridge-Nantahala first round game. I'm sure they'll enjoy playing each other for the 5th time this year. Hate a system that gives you conference match ups in the first round.

Is Blue Ridge Early College the same team as Blue Ridge High School ?

A few early thoughts on the west bracket:

1. Cherokee has a great road into the 4th round--the North Stanly-Bessemer City winner won't be a pushover but I think it's the weakest sectional.

2. For the sake of leaving a path for more traditional schools to make a deep run, I'm glad WS Prep and Queens Grant ended up in the same sectional.

3. Hate that we ended up with 2 conference matchups as first round playoff games (MA-Bishop, and Nantahala-Blue Ridge for the 5th time this year). One of the fun things about the playoffs is seeing new faces and seeing where you stack up with kids from other parts of the state.

Reactions: mbdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT