ADVERTISEMENT

Preliminary Brackets.......

In the Prelims they left LN out and Put West Cabarrus in .... I am sure that will be changed

Well......at least PG won't have to scramble to put together a scouting report. They entertain good ole SW Randolph first round.

Here's the full schedule for Randolph County on Tuesday....

Boys
SW Randolph at Providence Grove
Lexington at Trinity
Randleman at Shelby
Albemarle at Uwharrie Charter
Eastern Randolph at Winston Salem Prep
North Lincoln at Asheboro

Girls
Eastern Randolph at Cherokee
Bradford Prep at Uwharrie Charter
Burns at Randleman
Providence Grove at Shelby
Monroe at Wheatmore
Bandys at SW Randolph

My first thoughts on these matchups.....

1) I'm glad this isn't football.
2) That's going to be a cool experience for the ER girls. ER boys, not so much....
3) Both Randleman and PG fans will be at Shelby. That's going to be an interesting crowd mixture. Wonder how many of them will sit together (or root for each other....)

Reactions: ObserveAndReport

2) That's going to be a cool experience for the ER girls. ER boys, not so much....
3) Both Randleman and PG fans will be at Shelby. That's going to be an interesting crowd mixture. Wonder how many of them will sit together (or root for each other....)
W-S Prep still very good but no Reggie Johnson/Greg McClinton/Davien Williamson high-major/ACC talent like theyve had in years past.

As far as the girls game you guys have at Cherokee, they’ve got great facilities and their fans usually show up in big numbers. You’re right should be great experience. Although playing on the rubber court in their old facilities was also quite the experience, too!

Last edited:

What a joke and how watered down the playoff system is. I am sorry but ER stinks on the boys and girls side and then add that travel and time away to it all

This will be the 4th matchup of SWR and PG, surely they couldve slid someone else to play each of them. SWR has been on a roll and beating anyone 4 times is gonna be hard to do

Last edited:
Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
What a joke and how watered down the playoff system is. I am sorry but ER stink on the boys and girls side and then add that travel and time away to it all

This will be the 4th matchup of SWR and PG, surely they couldve slid someone else to play each of them. SWR has been on a roll and beating anyone 4 times is gonna be hard to do
I actually dont mind the travel ... Here in AZ most team travel 3-4 hours just in the reg season n also here in AZ they only do 16 teams in playoffs.

I do hate rematches within conference 1st round - LN has play Cox Mill (girls) and LN has won both games by 20+ so

Reactions: 97Cougar
What a joke and how watered down the playoff system is. I am sorry but ER stinks on the boys and girls side and then add that travel and time away to it all

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with PG having to play SWR again. SW has been playing some good ball this past month. They should've beaten Randleman Monday night.

As for ER.......the girls are pretty decent when Snotherly's playing. I've got to say I'm a little disappointed in how the boys did. They didn't stink as much as they just forgot to take a bath at times. I can think of at least four games in which the Cats should've won. It also didn't help that key members of their team either quit or were injured at certain points. I was hoping with the great start they had that they would carry that momentum throughout the season. Nope, the exact opposite happened....

Reactions: thekidd12
W-S Prep still very good but no Reggie Johnson/Greg McClinton/Davien Williamson high-major/ACC talent like theyve had in years past.

As far as the girls game you guys have at Cherokee, they’ve got great facilities and their fans usually show up in big numbers. You’re right should be great experience. Although playing on the rubber court in their old facilities was also quite the experience, too!
I saw Prep about a month back when they came to Bishop. Even though, like you mentioned, they don't have that high-major talent they're used to having......I actually think this year's team plays better as a unit. They're real quick too. I like what the new coach has done over there.

I hate that I can't drive to Cherokee. Their fans are some of the best in the state. I'd love to see a game there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT