ADVERTISEMENT

Prelim Brackets 4 - Final

GrizzlyDevil

Nov 22, 2011
As I stated in another post, I've spent about 10 hours over the last few days putting together my predictions for tomorrow night's games and adjusting the winning percentages of all the teams and the opponent's winning percentages of all teams to reflect my predictions. However, there isn't enough time for me to go through and adjust the opponent's opponents winning percentages...so I've just used what is currently in place on the NCHSAA RPI page. That being said...my bracket here won't be correct...but damn it's been fun to mess around with. Note that I have (in the East) South Granville finishing 3rd in their split conference but not with a winning record...so they qualify as an Auto WC (RPI puts them at bracket #27), also, I have (in the West) Owen coming in at 4th in their split conference and not with a winning record...so they qualify as an Auto WC (RPI puts them at bracket #32).

WESTEAST
1 - SHELBY1 - PRINCETON
32 - OWEN32 - EAST CARTERET
16 - SW RANDOLPH16 - HOLMES
17 - POLK COUNTY17 - NORTH PITT
9 - CS DAVIDSON9 - WALLACE-ROSE HILL
24 - FOREST HILLS24 - NASH CENTRAL
8 - PROVIDENCE GROVE8 - WEST CRAVEN
25 - LINCOLNTON25 - NORTH LENOIR
--------------------
4 - REIDSVILLE4 - WHITEVILLE
29 - WEST STANLY29 - SW ONSLOW
13 - CHASE13 - EASTERN WAYNE
20 - MCMICHAEL20 - SOUTH COLUMBUS
12 - BURNS12 - HERTFORD COUNTY
21 - EAST DAVIDSON21 - MIDWAY
5 - MONROE5 - ST. PAULS
28 - WEST STOKES28 - GREENE CENTRAL
--------------------
--------------------
2 - EAST SURRY2 - EAST DUPLIN
31 - NORTH STANLY31 - WEST BLADEN
15 - FORBUSH15 - KINSTON
18 - SURRY CENTRAL18 - EAST BLADEN
10 - ROBINSON10 - WASHINGTON
23 - EAST GASTON23 - SW EDGECOMBE
7 - SALISBURY7 - CUMMINGS
26 - WALKERTOWN26 - CAMDEN COUNTY
--------------------
3 - MAIDEN3 - NORTHEASTERN
30 - NEWTON-CONOVER30 - GOLDSBORO
14 - WEST LINCOLN14 - CLINTON
19 - NORTH SURRY19 - LOUISBURG
11 - BUNKER HILL11 - JAMES KENAN
22 - PINE LAKE PREP22 - BARTLETT YANCEY
6 - HENDERSONVILLE6 - ROANOKE RAPIDS
27 - MOUNT PLEASANT27 - SOUTH GRANVILLE
--------------------
LAST 5 OUT - WESTLAST 5 OUT - EAST
RANDLEMANBEDDINGFIELD
BREVARDFAIRMONT
TRINITYSOUTH LENOIR
EAST BURKEAYDEN-GRIFTON
ANSONBUNN

Great job on this but I do have one question. How confident are you in South Granville being seeded as a wild card? Big difference in that seed for them as well as other teams (WRH) as it would have a ripple effect.

Other projections I have seen have SG with the #1s?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Great job on this but I do have one question. How confident are you in South Granville being seeded as a wild card? Big difference in that seed for them as well as other teams (WRH) as it would have a ripple effect.

Other projections I have seen have SG with the #1s?
Pretty positive as I interpret it. A team in a split conference must be the top school of its classification and: finish in the top 3 and have a 0.500 or greater record - or - just have a record of 0.500 or better even if 4th or worse to be considered a #1. Otherwise the top team of that classification in a split conference is an auto WC.

I have yet to be told that it's different. I think one person said it's based of conference record and not overall but the rules don't say that.

From handbook below:

NOTE: The highest finishing team in its half of a split conference must finish in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place overall and/or have an overall winning percentage of .500 or higher in order to be seeded as a #1. Otherwise, the team will be seeded with all other at-large teams.

SG should finish no worse than 3rd in that league so that would satisfy the criteria above, correct?

Yea not your fault at all with what you see. But have to adjust projections they will be 9. Also don’t be surprised if East Duplin is 1
How is that? DIdnt Princeton beat ED early in the season? Why/how would they jump two teams much less an undefeated one that beat them early on?

From handbook below:

NOTE: The highest finishing team in its half of a split conference must finish in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place overall and/or have an overall winning percentage of .500 or higher in order to be seeded as a #1. Otherwise, the team will be seeded with all other at-large teams.

SG should finish no worse than 3rd in that league so that would satisfy the criteria above, correct?
No….maybe…it says...1, 2, 3 and .500 or better

Or

.500 or better

How do yall know so much about teams that you never watch??? I wanna know more about every team too...please let me in to the secret omniscient society
I don't know shit...just been a real good guesser my whole life. For the west, I'd say Shelby, Reidsville, Salisbury, Hendo, Monroe, Maiden, East Surry.

S-R-S - they get the year in year out benefit of a doubt award. Until people can consistently compete with them, they deserve it.

Hendo has last years prowess and Shelby win with this year's swag and a need to go further

Monroe is coming down outta 3A and I would say is the most unknown. They'll have success against anyone

Maiden is great like every year through the season, but the coach can't lead us to a playoff win, just can't do it, we have a new defensive coordinator this year that has Tom Brown's fire but with his own spin

And East Surry has had 1A success but this is a different animal than what the Surry County people know about and their statewide success is scattered and splattered when they aren't getting smothered and covered

Everyone knows your Noreaster storm birds are #1. We're just talking about our boys out west.
Oh my bad. I honestly thought you were talking all 2a. I think you got it wrong though. Everyone up here knows that I think NE is #1 😂😂 Princeton will be the #1 seed in the East once the dust clears. That’s perfectly fine with us because we want the two seed, although the three seed will be okay as well. Thanks for taking the time to post these mock brackets. By the way, I sent videos to our coach from the game and he said that stadium and field were beautiful. I’ve seen a lot of the top teams in person this year and tomorrow night I’m going to Pinetops to see another Eagle 🦅 team that is surging in the East. That being the West Craven Eagles. That’s a team we think may make a run in the East.

I don't know shit...just been a real good guesser my whole life. For the west, I'd say Shelby, Reidsville, Salisbury, Hendo, Monroe, Maiden, East Surry.

S-R-S - they get the year in year out benefit of a doubt award. Until people can consistently compete with them, they deserve it.

Hendo has last years prowess and Shelby win with this year's swag and a need to go further

Monroe is coming down outta 3A and I would say is the most unknown. They'll have success against anyone

Maiden is great like every year through the season, but the coach can't lead us to a playoff win, just can't do it, we have a new defensive coordinator this year that has Tom Brown's fire but with his own spin

And East Surry has had 1A success but this is a different animal than what the Surry County people know about and their statewide success is scattered and splattered when they aren't getting smothered and covered
Very well written, I think you got it right.

Ignore that jackass. You did a great job and he’s free to put out his opinion instead of attacking you. I’d go Salisbury, Shelby, Reidsville, Hendersonville, Monroe, Maiden. Ours are different, so what, we all have opinions and have the right to have them. It will all play out soon so he needs to put his opinion out there and then see who’s right

I guess I would have had to been talking to you though lol

• Haha
Ignore that jackass. You did a great job and he’s free to put out his opinion instead of attacking you. I’d go Salisbury, Shelby, Reidsville, Hendersonville, Monroe, Maiden. Ours are different, so what, we all have opinions and have the right to have them. It will all play out soon so he needs to put his opinion out there and then see who’s right
I didn't attack him because I wasn't talking to him JACKASS

• Haha
Glad to see East Davidson and Camden County make it in there. Who would East Davidson's first round opponent be the way the brackets are set up?

Reactions: Lincolnton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT