ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball Post your comments here!!

Where are there other 9 inning leagues? Collegiate wooded bat.
As far as I know in NC collegiate wooden bat leagues are the only ones playing nine innings now. Some showcases go nine but those athletes are already doing that. Legion probably stays that way as long as ESPN money has anything to do with it.

As I have said I don't like it either but times change. It's still baseball just shorter.

Oh and in keeping with my feelings on this: Get out of my yard!

almost half the JR teams are in area 3, need to move all 7 teams in the division Cary and Randolph county plays to area 1. and other 3 divisions in area 3 realigned into 2 divisions, area 3 would have only 2 divisions at JR level.

almost half the JR teams are in area 3, need to move all 7 teams in the division Cary and Randolph county plays to area 1. and other 3 divisions in area 3 realigned into 2 divisions, area 3 would have only 2 divisions at JR level.
So let me see if I have this right...
You want Randolph county teams to play in an area consisting of mostly teams that are at least 3 hours (with some even further) away?
Yeah not sure that is going to happen or even a viable option.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
i dont like pool play , 3 teams can have same record, semi-finals and final is single elimination . with double elimination the -0- loss team teams should not have to play until the last day of the tournament, the only one loss team should have to beat them twice, I like playing a 3 out of 5 series against the same team

in 2019 , almost half the Jr league teams are in area 3, need slip area 3 into 2 areas, and combine areas 1 and 2. with so many teams it makes it harder for area 3 teams to get to the state tournament at sr level Huntersville should be in area 3, so both division in area 4 will have all teams in playoffs. if there are less than 64 teams in NC every team should be in playoffs.

Reactions: thekidd12
in 2019 , almost half the Jr league teams are in area 3, need slip area 3 into 2 areas, and combine areas 1 and 2. with so many teams it makes it harder for area 3 teams to get to the state tournament at sr level Huntersville should be in area 3, so both division in area 4 will have all teams in playoffs. if there are less than 64 teams in NC every team should be in playoffs.
if they would move 4 area 4 eastern division teams to area 3 and move 4 area 3 north division division to area 1 not sure how many teams would need to be moved from area 1 to area 2 at SR level .each area have closer to same number teams. wouldnt need but 1 division in each area. every teams would be in the playoffs, after first rounds there would be 8 teams left in each area ,

Last edited:
most teams would have less travel if every team in area 3 played each other 1 game. 6 homes games and 6 road games. Ramseur and Asheboro are closer to Stanly co than Stokes co. Mocksville and Lexington are closer to each other than most teams in there division , stocks closer to some southern division than Ramseur and Asheboro. mooreville closer to some northern division teams than stanly co. northern division teams could 3 north division teams away and 3 south division teams away. southern division could play 2 or 3 southern division teams and 3 or 4 division teams. Concord is closer to Lexington than Mocksville. Kannapolis is the only southern division team that doesn't have a north division team closer than any southern division team . PER MAPQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
IF Kannapolis played away games against Concord, Rowan, Stanly Ramsuer Kernerville and Stokes co in 2020 , away games in 2021 , Mooresville, , Mocksville, Lexington, Greensboro. , Asheboro and High Point. their round trip to games and back home in 2020 and 2021 would be less than 2 miles difference between the 2 years. PER MAPQUEST !!!!!

in 2019 area 4 had 17 teams area 3 had 13 teams area 2 had 9 teams and area 1 had 13 teams. if they would move 4 teams from area 4 to area 3 , 4 teams from area 3 to area 1, 4 teams from area 1 to area 2 there would be 13 teams in each area , there were 67 JR teams in 2019 , 3 areas need to have 17 teams and 1 area 16 wouldnt need to realign every year, unless more 2 teams are dropped or added in the same part of the state,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT