ADVERTISEMENT

Post SMC Scores here please

Heritage up 29-0 at the half over Hayesville. Hayesville has had the ball for 17 minutes. Heritage has only had it for 6 minutes.

Reactions: cougars45
Heritage up 29-0 at the half over Hayesville. Hayesville has had the ball for 17 minutes. Heritage has only had it for 6 minutes.
We've probably got 60 yards in penalties as well, closer to 160 if you take away some of the yardage we got on those penalties

Why is Murphy's non conf schedule so awful?
They play who they can get. For the record when Murphy first scheduled Gilmer County four years ago they were quite good, but three coaching changes later and this is what happens.

Gilmer is terrible but they're still a 4A Georgia school with a roster of 53 players, halftime stats Murphy 392 yards, Gilmer 19 (which came on the second string defense at the end of the half), you would be hard pressed to do that even on a video game.

The last three teams Murphy have played were awful, but make no mistake about it, this Murphy team is the real deal.

Last edited:
Nobody knows how teams on your schedule turn out down the road.Not a Murphy fan,but that's how it goes.

Murphys offense will be hard to slow down, regardless of who they are playing. Looking forward to the conference opener against Robbinsville next Friday.

Reactions: BK13T-$
What are you basing this on? You havent seen every team in 1a/1aa? Im sure Murphy is good. But styles make fights.

What are you basing this on? You havent seen every team in 1a/1aa?
I base it on the fact that this Franklin team is every bit as good the one Murphy lost to in a close game in 2014 (Murphy's star back Gaige Cox, the one in my profile picture, tore his ACL in the next game). That 2014 Franklin team went on to make it to the 2AA western regional and lost a close game to eventual 2AA state champs East Lincoln.

I agree that styles make fights, but I don't need to see everyone in 1A/1AA to know that nobody in 1A/1AA minus Tarboro and maybe Edenton Holmes can compare to that. I'm sorry if that comes off as brash, cocky, dismissive, or whatever to the rest of the 1A/1AA field, but that's how I see it and I seriously doubt any of the rest of the field does anything the rest of the way to prove me wrong on that.

Last edited:
Cherokee 35-28 . Cherokee looked in control but smokey never quit and tied it late then Cherokee drove down to win with 2 min or so left . Great hs football game and both stands were packed

Dude you dont sound cocky. Nice to believe in your team though. I figured yall would beat Franklin but they seem to be like kryptonite to yall!!

Reactions: mbdfan
They ( Franklin) expects to beat Murphy when they play them. Any good team worth its weight should expect to win regardless of the name across the jersey.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Cherokee 35-28 . Cherokee looked in control but smokey never quit and tied it late then Cherokee drove down to win with 2 min or so left . Great hs football game and both stands were packed
This game doesnt really dictate how well Cherokee truly is. Just going from from similar opponents it doesn't come clear what to make of the outcome. On one hand, they squeak by Smoky, a team Swain blew out in the second half. But on the other Smoky barely beat North Buncomb last week, a team Cherokee had no problem with. So was this a sloppy night for them?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT