ADVERTISEMENT

Post Friday 11/17 Scores

Here is the thing about this whole situation and how most Swain fans are. If they would have made those conversions and went on to win the game he would have been the greatest coach ever. But now everyone blames the coach that he lost the game for his team. He was coaching to win and That’s how that goes. The reason he went for it is because he had zero confidence in stopping Robbinsville. Robbinsville did not punt all night, had one turnover on downs which should have been called a TD. Look at the game on paper and it’s not really that close. Peace out Maroon Devils you will get another shot at the title next year.
Thats just not true, He had no idea what to do and never expected to be in that position, so he crumbled. As far as the fan thing goes, regardless of if Swain won or not, I and others would be extremely critical of Swain because they have made the same mistakes all year and reek of a team that that could never find an identity.
This past Friday Swain was up to their old bag of tricks, getting stupid penalties, calling erroneous plays and letting an opponent they could put away, once again, hang around.

The worst part is that it isn't the kids fault at all.

They had some special talent this year, a very special team.

If they were better coached they would be preparing for the 4th round right now.

Thats just not true, He had no idea what to do and never expected to be in that position, so he crumbled. As far as the fan thing goes, regardless of if Swain won or not, I and others would be extremely critical of Swain because they have made the same mistakes all year and reek of a team that that could never find an identity.
This past Friday Swain was up to their old bag of tricks, getting stupid penalties, calling erroneous plays and letting an opponent they could put away, once again, hang around.

The worst part is that it isn't the kids fault at all.

They had some special talent this year, a very special team.

If they were better coached they would be preparing for the 4th round right now.
I'm Swain to the core but are you crazy? Once Robbinsville got rolling we could not stop them. I would not have been comfortable being up by 4 tds against them. 99% of the time the team with the most athletes wins games. Might as well tell the truth, We can't match them athlete for athlete...not even close

I'm Swain to the core but are you crazy? Once Robbinsville got rolling we could not stop them. I would not have been comfortable being up by 4 tds against them. 99% of the time the team with the most athletes wins games. Might as well tell the truth, We can't match them athlete for athlete...not even close
Hahaha did u even watch swain this year. These young man have been going at it since youth and it always been a dog fight. Their both pretty even for athletes. Coach holt has done a great job but doesn't have an experience coaching staff and he doesn't have experience in big game which what cost swain. Robbinsville has the best coaching staff in the state for years and always in the mix to make a run. That was the difference in the game.

I would strongly have to disagree. I would put #3, #13 and #10 for swain up against anybody. The bottom line was the game came down to situational football. Swain continued to run sweeps that produced little to no yardage and in stead of having Robbinsville drive 80+ yards twice they gave them a short field to work with.

Reactions: Usdi Watali
Hahaha did u even watch swain this year. These young man have been going at it since youth and it always been a dog fight. Their both pretty even for athletes. Coach holt has done a great job but doesn't have an experience coaching staff and he doesn't have experience in big game which what cost swain. Robbinsville has the best coaching staff in the state for years and always in the mix to make a run. That was the difference in the game.
Best coaching staff in the state…hmmmm I would have to respectfully disagree with that. MA has Adkins which will be a hall of farmer before it is over and has Holder which is already a hall of famer on staff and defensive coordinator Taylor is been there since Holder started and is one of the best. So it would be hard to say robbinsville has best staff in state. Both are good and good at making adjustments when needed.

I would strongly have to disagree. I would put #3, #13 and #10 for swain up against anybody. The bottom line was the game came down to situational football. Swain continued to run sweeps that produced little to no yardage and in stead of having Robbinsville drive 80+ yards twice they gave them a short field to work with.
I agree with maroonsmoke on this one, Swain has a really good football team and every devils fan should be proud of their team, they have improved by leaps and bounds and coach holt is been really good for the program. The devil's are on the right path in building the program back to what it used to be.
I do agree that Swain has some good athletes, but this year Robbinsville has lots of athletes, and you could really see the momentum shift in the game when the knights scored their second
touchdown. It really seemed like the players and fans both knew that the knights where going to win after that second td

You would put them up against anyone? They are great players.. I would ALMOST put them up against anyone BUT how do you put them up against #2,#4,#5 for Robbinsville?
Then they have #6, #15,#33,#11,#1,#10,#12 not to mention their line which seems to have improved since we played them last..
They are stacked with playmakers, we are not.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Outsider looking in but I really like Coach Holt and I think he would be the kind of coach you would want to play for. I think he will get Swain back on track. Having said that I think not having an accurate Qb really hurt the offense. I thought letting #3 throw was a better choice. Also I don’t think they let #13 run the ball enough, great athlete ! Defense was stout all year and can’t say enough about them.

You would put them up against anyone? They are great players.. I would ALMOST put them up against anyone BUT how do you put them up against #2,#4,#5 for Robbinsville?
Then they have #6, #15,#33,#11,#1,#10,#12 not to mention their line which seems to have improved since we played them last..
They are stacked with playmakers, we are not.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and there is no reason to get upset at one. But yes I personally believe 3 and 13 especially are huge play makers and I would undoubtedly put them up against anyone. Not taking anything at all away from the players you mentioned above as they are phenomenal athletes.

Outsider looking in but I really like Coach Holt and I think he would be the kind of coach you would want to play for. I think he will get Swain back on track. Having said that I think not having an accurate Qb really hurt the offense. I thought letting #3 throw was a better choice. Also I don’t think they let #13 run the ball enough, great athlete ! Defense was stout all year and can’t say enough about them.
I would agree with everything you said. Holt does seem like a players coach, hopefully he can get some more experienced staff around him.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and there is no reason to get upset at one. But yes I personally believe 3 and 13 especially are huge play makers and I would undoubtedly put them up against anyone. Not taking anything at all away from the players you mentioned above as they are phenomenal athletes.
3 and 13 are excellent..no doubt about it

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Would you please come to me Friday and let's have a conversation. Sir you don't know me or the person I am. Let's just have a conversation bc you evedently have bad feelings toward me and as long as you do I have the power over you. BC brother I forgave you for what you did in the stands last year. Have a great Thanksgiving and remember we all make mistakes and I have admitted to mine.

Last edited:
Crazy? How?
Swain was in position to, and should be, 2-0 against Rville this season, not just this "miracle" of a playoff game; why the hell do y'all inflate their heads with this trash? I forgot the 24 points we scored was just the handicap the state gave us to make it fair.

You talk like Rville is some kind of unbeatable juggernaut that we were lucky to even stand on the field with when the truth is that Rville better button up, because if making improbable comebacks is how they beat "inferior" opponents who can't match up with them pound-for-pound they are likely in for a rude awakening.

Go SMC, good luck Knights, bring that trophy home.

Reactions: swainmom04
Crazy? How?
Swain was in position to, and should be, 2-0 against Rville this season, not just this "miracle" of a playoff game; why the hell do y'all inflate their heads with this trash? I forgot the 24 points we scored was just the handicap the state gave us to make it fair.

You talk like Rville is some kind of unbeatable juggernaut that we were lucky to even stand on the field with when the truth is that Rville better button up, because if making improbable comebacks is how they beat "inferior" opponents who can't match up with them pound-for-pound they are likely in for a rude awakening.

Go SMC, good luck Knights, bring that trophy home.
Cmon man . You just admitted you were an inferior opponent lol. The better team won. R’ville isn’t unbeatable, but they are to Swain this year anyway and for the matter of fact the past 7 years. It’s must be pretty bad in Swain county when your measuring stick is a school half your size.

Cmon man . You just admitted you were an inferior opponent lol. The better team won. R’ville isn’t unbeatable, but they are to Swain this year anyway and for the matter of fact the past 7 years. It’s must be pretty bad in Swain county when your measuring stick is a school half your size.
They are called quotation marks, google them, reread and come back.

My bad, accidentally used too many literary devices for yall.

They are called quotation marks, google them, reread and come back.

My bad, accidentally used too many literary devices for yall.
That’s ok. You are welcome to come over to the Big oaks Friday night if you want to watch a football game. Your screen name says everything I need to know about your EGO

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BlackSwarm89
The truth is, Swain and Robbinsville are very similar teams. Both have great defenses and both have 2 backs capable of being a threat on any given play.
Best coaching staff in the state…hmmmm I would have to respectfully disagree with that. MA has Adkins which will be a hall of farmer before it is over and has Holder which is already a hall of famer on staff and defensive coordinator Taylor is been there since Holder started and is one of the best. So it would be hard to say robbinsville has best staff in state. Both are good and good at making adjustments when needed.
We should’ve known that Mt Airy University had the best coaches in the state too. Heck probably a better coaching staff that Kirby has down at Georgia…..

The truth is, Swain and Robbinsville are very similar teams. Both have great defenses and both have 2 backs capable of being a threat on any given play.

We should’ve known that Mt Airy University had the best coaches in the state too. Heck probably a better coaching staff that Kirby has down at Georgia…..
Sure are!!!!!!!

What hall of fame are you referring to?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT