ADVERTISEMENT

Post 10-6 scores here!!!!

Sounds like Hayesville was in a good position to win this one, would've been a marquee win for the Hayesville program. Regardless Coach McClure is clearly building something in Clay County.

@recycled2 , @Smctrain : early thoughts on the Murphy- Swain match-up?
Swain could only run on Hayesville outside the tackles. Hayesville was more successful on the ground against the dogs. Hayesville threw for about 160 and dropped 2 TD passes. Swain really struggle against the Jacket's D. They didn't take the lead until Hayesville had lost 2 Lbers(including McClure) and DE to injury, all starters . Neither team is great throwing the ball. Swain had more yardage than the dogs but also had 2 picks. Even at Swain I give the advantage to Murphy by 1.

Reactions: mbdfan
Swain could only run on Hayesville outside the tackles. Hayesville was more successful on the ground against the dogs. Hayesville threw for about 160 and dropped 2 TD passes. Swain really struggle against the Jacket's D. They didn't take the lead until Hayesville had lost 2 Lbers(including McClure) and DE to injury, all starters . Neither team is great throwing the ball. Swain had more yardage than the dogs but also had 2 picks. Even at Swain I give the advantage to Murphy by 1.
Swain Defense is there strength this year particularly the D-line. Not sure anyone is expecting an offensive juggernaut this year.

Robbinsville was the better team and the more talented team, Robbinsville looked a lot better overall in the 1st half, the 2nd half was a much more even contest.

Robbinsville D is stout but Murphy did have some success moving the ball after half. Bottomline come playoff time Robbinsville is going to have to have somebody else besides Cuttler step up on offense, a one man show offensively won't get it done against Mount Airy.
Well said. But after watching Robbinsville a few times now, there is other teams they more than likely won’t make it past before MA like Starmount if they crossed in playoffs. ER is another one. Having to have #4 carry a team into the playoffs alone would be tough. Kid is a stud though.

Well said. But after watching Robbinsville a few times now, there is other teams they more than likely won’t make it past before MA like Starmount if they crossed in playoffs. ER is another one. Having to have #4 carry a team into the playoffs alone would be tough. Kid is a stud though.
Eastern Randolph looking stronger and stronger on paper as the season progresses. Starmount on the other hand has close wins over teams that aren't very good though like Trinity (a team Eastern Randolph beat 48-0 tonight) and North Iredell. On paper it seems really doubtful Starmount would beat Robbinsville, but I haven't seen Starmount (or Eastern Randolph for that matter) play so I can't say for sure how they matchup.

What I will say is I don't think this Robbinsville line is near the caliber of their '14-'15 and '19-'20 lines and that does give me pause when it comes to projecting them.

Eastern Randolph looking stronger and stronger on paper as the season progresses. Starmount on the other hand has close wins over teams that aren't very good though like Trinity (a team Eastern Randolph beat 48-0 tonight) and North Iredell. On paper it seems really doubtful Starmount would beat Robbinsville, but I haven't seen Starmount (or Eastern Randolph for that matter) play so I can't say for sure how they matchup.

What I will say is I don't think this Robbinsville line is near the caliber of their '14-'15 and '19-'20 lines and that does give me pause when it comes to projecting them.
Keep in mind Starmount games were early in season with new coach and gew system. They have gotten a lot better. They are big and physical.

Keep in mind Starmount games were early in season with new coach and gew system. They have gotten a lot better. They are big and physical.
Agree, Starmount is solid. They can pass great, the problem against MA is you had 2 D-1 caliber pass rushers coming at the QB. But even with that he still had some nice tosses. Also has multiple weapons.

Reactions: NCBBFB
Robbinsville line does concern me some. However, we do have other weapons that I believe we will use much more when the time comes. I believe 4 is getting the ball a little bit more right now to try and break the rushing record. That may or may not play into it. If he achieves that, I’d say we will spread it around a little more. #33 and #2 would start at any other school in the conference. To have all 3 in one backfield is a huge boost to have going into the playoffs.

Reactions: RealStihl
Rville line is just now coming together.
Was #77 playing last night?
Line will be better ever week if they don't get more injuries.

Reactions: RealStihl

The game against Trinity would be similar to the outcome of the ER game if they played the Rams now. ER also had some close games earlier in the year that probably wouldn't be as close now. With that being said Eastern Randolph has to be in the top 3 of the west.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT