ADVERTISEMENT

Post 10-6 scores here!!!!

The game against Trinity would be similar to the outcome of the ER game if they played the Rams now. ER also had some close games earlier in the year that probably wouldn't be as close now. With that being said Eastern Randolph has to be in the top 3 of the west.
Eastern Randolph had close games against largely much better opposition, its not an apples to apples comparison. The majority of teams tend to get better as the season progresses assuming they're well coached and avoid key injuries.

Starmount played Mount Airy close for a half and that says a lot. But the truth is it's very hard to make much of where Starmount actually stands in the grand scheme because outside of Mount Airy they haven't played anyone that could even be considered an above average football team.

My non expert opinion is you have Mount Airy at the top in their own tier; Robbinsville and Eastern Randolph in another tier, then a handful of teams like Starmount, Murphy, Draughn, Swain, etc. that are in the mix as the 4th best team in the west.

Very young Starmount team getting better each week. I don’t put much into the early games due to stuff like that.

Coach Lloyd wanted and expected his team to be playing later in the season.

Big boost this week in getting one of our senior leaders back who plays guard and linebacker since being injured at North Wilkes in Game 4.

Eastern Randolph had close games against largely much better opposition, its not an apples to apples comparison. The majority of teams tend to get better as the season progresses assuming they're well coached and avoid key injuries.

Starmount played Mount Airy close for a half and that says a lot. But the truth is it's very hard to make much of where Starmount actually stands in the grand scheme because outside of Mount Airy they haven't played anyone that could even be considered an above average football team.

My non expert opinion is you have Mount Airy at the top in their own tier; Robbinsville and Eastern Randolph in another tier, then a handful of teams like Starmount, Murphy, Draughn, Swain, etc. that are in the mix as the 4th best team in the west.
You probably missed my post a couple of weeks ago that actually broke down some early games for ER and Starmount.

"I gotcha. I had broken it down a couple of weeks ago just to see where each team was at. Here is what I found:

ER 11 points better than Asheboro
Asheboro 2 points better than Albemarle
Trinity 10 points better than Albemarle
Starmount 13 points better than Trinity(could've been a lot more)

With a fictional matchup of both teams with Albemarle, ER would be 13 points better where Starmount would be 23 points better. I put these games together because they were at the beginning of the season."

Both teams have improved substantially since then but this shows that they were close early in the season

Mount Airy has an open date This upcoming Friday 10/13/2023
10/20/2023 Elkin @ Mount Airy
10/27/2023 Mount Airy @ Alleghany Reg. season final game
As always, this season has gone fast.

A note: I just noticed, would not want to be an Elkin fan, they have Mount Airy & Starmount in their last 2 games.

Mt Airy's opponent this week will be by far the most difficult to date. Bye has not only not been defeated so far this year, they have not been scored on!! I am not sure what the most excellent coaching staff at Mt Airy will do to break Bye's streak but I have confidence that if any coaching staff can develop the correct strategy for this outstanding opponent it will by JK and Company.

About the only thing we have going for us right now is that it is a scheduled home affair.

Perhaps The Kidd will be able to gives some helpful hints.

Mt Airy's opponent this week will be by far the most difficult to date. Bye has not only not been defeated so far this year, they have not been scored on!! I am not sure what the most excellent coaching staff at Mt Airy will do to break Bye's streak but I have confidence that if any coaching staff can develop the correct strategy for this outstanding opponent it will by JK and Company.

About the only thing we have going for us right now is that it is a scheduled home affair.

Working but will give my insight later tonight…
Stay tuned 👍

Come on over to the EW and Starmount game Friday night

If they can't beat Elkin then Stm will be at them bad
Yeah true. Though with them being young and inconsistent they just might play better against Starmount. Not sure what to think about them at this point.

Ok this might take a minute so bear with me 😜
Bye has always been a formidable opponent. Teams generally have a let down leading up to the contest. As you stated Bye has not allowed a score all season no matter the quality of opponents. That puts them only slightly ahead of Mt Airy in that respect I believe but it’s probably extremely close. If the Bears come with their A game I still believe Bye comes out on top. Hope I’m wrong but after looking at their RPI I just don’t see a Mt Airy victory. Wishing your teenagers luck and just hope they get through upcoming week healthy…

You probably missed my post a couple of weeks ago that actually broke down some early games for ER and Starmount.

"I gotcha. I had broken it down a couple of weeks ago just to see where each team was at. Here is what I found:

ER 11 points better than Asheboro
Asheboro 2 points better than Albemarle
Trinity 10 points better than Albemarle
Starmount 13 points better than Trinity(could've been a lot more)

With a fictional matchup of both teams with Albemarle, ER would be 13 points better where Starmount would be 23 points better. I put these games together because they were at the beginning of the season."

Both teams have improved substantially since then but this shows that they were close early in the season
While I do have respect for anyone who uses numbers to get points across, I’m an old baseball guy, the game involving Eastern Randolph you are using as a base has a factor you didn’t figure in. Asheboro is one of the oldest in county rivals for ER. While they are not really that good of a team recently they do quite often play better in that game than any other. Also if Trinity beat Albemarle by 10 I would not like to see what ER score would be. Have no idea what outcome will be if/when they play Starmount but I just wanted to point out the rivalry game factor as one that can’t be measured in numbers.

While I do have respect for anyone who uses numbers to get points across, I’m an old baseball guy, the game involving Eastern Randolph you are using as a base has a factor you didn’t figure in. Asheboro is one of the oldest in county rivals for ER. While they are not really that good of a team recently they do quite often play better in that game than any other. Also if Trinity beat Albemarle by 10 I would not like to see what ER score would be. Have no idea what outcome will be if/when they play Starmount but I just wanted to point out the rivalry game factor as one that can’t be measured in numbers.
I agree with you. Rivalry games can always be unpredictable.

Reactions: thekidd12
I'm literally still in disbelief from Friday night. I do not know what to even say about that game. It's seriously like they didnt even make the trip down the road. Nothing worked, no one blocked, no one acted like they even cared to be there. It literally just blowed my mind at how they played.

I'm literally still in disbelief from Friday night. I do not know what to even say about that game. It's seriously like they didnt even make the trip down the road. Nothing worked, no one blocked, no one acted like they even cared to be there. It literally just blowed my mind at how they played.
Me too. Still can't believe it

Reactions: thekidd12
Same thing happened a few years ago. Elkin beat EW and EW was favored by several touchdowns. Kids are just going to be kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT