ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Hayesville or Bishop

You should get mad about the truth.

3Dumb, Now you are supporting more teams that are the problem. That sums u up. You dont like the public schools as much a the special rule schools like prep and BM. Do you? You are helping the and/or funding things for the very schools that you admitted was the problem. (advantage). You remind me of King Obama. In one sentence he said I cant do that I am not King.
Later he did it. Thats you.

You started this "poll" and your very first post after that was to call 3 people who voted differently than you "dumba$$es". You had no intent to make this a civilized discussion..

This post was edited on 12/9 6:44 AM by 3daughters

I would venture a guess that McGuinness, Robbinsville, Mt. Airy, and other schools included in this conversation would contend that nobody posting on this thread represents the school, so let's just say that each person represents his or herself as far as their comments and should not be viewed as a representative of the school. I doubt anyone here claims to be. With that, I will say that my general observation has been that fans from the schools included have all been pleasant to each other in person and seem to have nice folks from each school. McGuinness is not going to come close to winning girls' or boys' basketball this year with the girls already having been clobbered by both WS Prep and Atkins, so in time I think the focus is going to turn to someone else.

You are probably right on. It is a shame that adults act worse than the kids ! Me included at times. I just hate to see Mount Airy being included and put down in a thread when no supporter has even had anything to say, And someone trying to make a mountian out of a molehill . This thread is off limits for me as of now.

aw, so you "hate to see MA put down"...you've been doing it to Bishop for the last decade.

I'm not as familiar with the situation, besides knowing that BM and WSP can participate in the playoffs even they their players come from different areas. All that said I agree it is unfair to the 1-A schools, but what do we do with these charter schools? I am all for being fair and balanced, but for now this is all we have, and so those schools have to play where the NCHSAA tells them. I would hope something comes to fruition in the coming years that corrects the situation.

Now as for the original intention of this thread I would say Hayesville for the time period and resources available was very impressive. I personally know a player from those teams being great friends with her family, and so I have heard many many stories. But I will say I think BM's streak is just as impressive. They still have had to go out and win and compete just like every other team; and while yes they have played together more etc etc they still have to execute a game plan and actually compete. So I don't want to sit here and try to compare who is more impressive. So this thread was pointless honestly. BK thats like starting a poll and asking people would Robbinsville have won all those football titles if P&J had not came to Robbinsville?

Lastly, 3D, I would love to compare resumes, if my job allowed me; but I deal with sensitive information now and so that would be a safety risk. But I don't see why chest thumping about your career helps you on here? Not trying to call you out, because I'm actually on your side so to speak, but I don't see why us discussing careers helps discuss sports lol.

What does that mean? If pandj hand not come to robbinsville. Phillips and Jordon are from Robbinsville. Duh.

pollo....no chest thumping intended, simply a response to recycled, photo and BK who inquire about my education level and find it cute to not refer to me by my screen name but as 3Duh or 3dense.

At the end of the day it's all about winning if Prep or BM did not win no one would complain. Forsyth County has three 1a schools Walkertown , Atkins and Prep all three are within five miles of each other. I have not heard one complaint about the other two and Walkertown will have close to 800 students next year which I see as an huge advantage playing against schools half their size North Rowan had the same advantage before they moved up. If BM has a down year we will not hear from as many detractors. Lastly nothing in life is a an even playing field living in small rural communities has advantages but sports and jobs may not be on that list. People are free to relocate to a larger community's for better teams and more opportunity's but you will have trade-offs so we all have to decide what is important to us. Hopefully we will not rehash this same dead subject year after year because talking here changes nothing. It's NCHSSA does not care do to the last vote so lets just enjoy the teams and see how this year plays out.

Originally posted by 3daughters:
pollo....no chest thumping intended, simply a response to recycled, photo and BK who inquire about my education level and find it cute to not refer to me by my screen name but as 3Duh or 3dense.
I completely understand. I personally would not inquire into another posters education, or even personal life for the matter. None of anyone's business honestly.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
What does that mean? If pandj hand not come to robbinsville. Phillips and Jordon are from Robbinsville. Duh.
Bk don't get cute you know what was meant by the post. This goes back to you attempting to stir the pot with your poll. You should stay over on the football boards till after this weekend lol.

I will stay where I want to.

I know your a liar if your saying anything about PandJ and our football titles. Look at the names on the rosters is all the proof you need. That should settle that, but you dont want to know the truth. Remember this. Only 8 murphy kids go to the E.C.!!!. Or this one. Why should Murphy have to count Robbinsville kids on there enrollment? None of which is true and neither is this. Good try though.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
I will stay where I want to.

I know your a liar if your saying anything about PandJ and our football titles. Look at the names on the rosters is all the proof you need. That should settle that, but you dont want to know the truth. Remember this. Only 8 murphy kids go to the E.C.!!!. Or this one. Why should Murphy have to count Robbinsville kids on there enrollment? None of which is true and neither is this. Good try though.
Who said only 8 kids from Murphy are at EC? Your the only one worried about who goes to school there. If I'm a liar then what shall we classify you as?

Pollo why dont you worry about a new paint job for the little doggie over there.

3D, How many different D1 players did BM have a few years back when you all beat a very good Robbinsville team? 3? And one was from a different state. The other two from other Counties. Was it 3?

I remember that year. That was indeed probably the best team they had ever. But there was nobody from another state. And the 2 D1 players they had were both from their Catholic Middle School and from Forsyth County. They had a 3rd girl who was a 9th grader at that time I believe who eventually played D1 but she did not stay at McGuinness as she transferred to a Forsyth County Public School. And she too was from Forsyth County. And yes many on this message board kept referring to and perpetuating a rumor that one of the girls was from out of state saying she was from Arizona, but she had moved here from Arizona back in the 5th grade and was a swimmer who had not started playing basketball until 7th grade.

This post was edited on 12/14 9:22 AM by Dosso

You are confusing McGuinness with another team in the conference. McGuinness has never had and has never been accused of having a player from Virginia. That was a different team in the same conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT