ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff question for fall 2021 football

notanyonesfan

Oct 1, 2016
I know the subdivisions are going away. Are they gonna go back to the traditional 5 week tournament or are they keeping the 4 week tournament we are using in the spring? Thanks...

I know the subdivisions are going away. Are they gonna go back to the traditional 5 week tournament or are they keeping the 4 week tournament we are using in the spring? Thanks...
5 week. More games and gate money. Hate they doing away with subdivisions honestly. Was a lot of fun and more communities involved

Should have been six football classifications or divisions with five rounds. 192 teams. 264 teams with six rounds in four classes. A lot of teams that will be mismatched first round.

With the classifications being reduce I could see bigger turnout of fans going to the games. Especially since there want be no A/AA.

64 teams make it in each classification....how many schools total in each class?
There are 106 schools 54 west 52 east in 2A, 3A & 4A . 107 in 1A with 53 in the east. I haven't looked at 2A but in 1A if I counted correctly I believe there will be 76 schools that play football so I assume about the same for the other classifications. So your talking about 12 give or take schools that won't make the playoffs.

I don't think the NCHSAA is taking any money from the first round games so basically every team is going to get a gate split for their 11 game.

I like how the NCHSAA took away a regular season game from schools that could use that extra week of gate money since Covid has caused financial shortfalls for many schools.

I also like how they have 40+ million in surplus and wont come off a dime

we all split $4 million back in december because of the pandemic

With the classifications being reduce I could see bigger turnout of fans going to the games. Especially since there want be no A/AA.

nothing is being reduced. they wouldn’t give up that money. we’re just not being split into A/AA anymore. 64 team field just like it’s been since they did subdivisions. it’ll look like more like the ncaa tournament.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
they’ve also created their own formula to rank playoff teams based on w/l record, opponents w/l record, and opponents opponents w/l record
Yes I never really liked that decision since I saw it considering teams can't really control what teams they are put in a conference with. For example Shelby & Burns. Their conference teams could definitely cost them higher playoff seeds

Just stay at four classes but do football subdivided into six divisions. Does not matter what classification you are you will go where your ADM puts you. At the end of four years a 2A school may have big 3A numbers and would fall into D3 (D1-D6). 32 teams per division, five rounds. Title games at two sites. Each has a game Friday and two each Saturday. Line um up.

Just stay at four classes but do football subdivided into six divisions. Does not matter what classification you are you will go where your ADM puts you. At the end of four years a 2A school may have big 3A numbers and would fall into D3 (D1-D6). 32 teams per division, five rounds. Title games at two sites. Each has a game Friday and two each Saturday. Line um up.

6 divisions with 32 teams would make less money for NCHSAA. They’re not having any of that.

Yes I never really liked that decision since I saw it considering teams can't really control what teams they are put in a conference with. For example Shelby & Burns. Their conference teams could definitely cost them higher playoff seeds

I’m sure they’ll still do conf champs seeded first, then 2nd, then so on. They may be at a seeding disadvantage among the conf champs, but not completely screwed.

I like how the NCHSAA took away a regular season game from schools that could use that extra week of gate money since Covid has caused financial shortfalls for many schools.

I also like how they have 40+ million in surplus and wont come off a dime
Crooks!!!!!!!

NCHSAA members had the opportunity to vote to increase the number of classifications, but just flat-out didn’t. Beating a dead horse with this one. Maybe next time schools will actually vote after getting taken behind the woodshed in various sports.
Was listening to local sports show here Saturday... A problem there is out of the 400+ schools in NCHSAA for a vote to even count they have to have 85% of the schools vote.... So if all the schools that voted wanted 5-6 classifications but only 75% of the schools put in a vote then it still doesn’t pass!!

Hope that makes sense

Here's the rule:
75% of the membership must vote yes to change the by laws. So any ballot not returned is effectively a no.

Some schools just dont care. Some are lazy. Some dont want their name on the record. Some want to vote no so they do it by not voting (i think this is a small number).So not all are ever returned. But if you dont vote because it doesnt affect you. when it DOES affect you, dont whine.

When they voted a few years back to basically kick out the parochials, the VAST majority that voted were for getting rid of them, but quite a few didnt vote.

I think many votes are also dictated by counties, as well as not wanting to up set the good ole boy network.

As far as the 6 classes, that was NOT what the vote was. it was to give the board the ability to divide them into ANY NUMBER of classes. There has been talk up there of going to 3 classes and subdividing for the playoffs. Small schools dont like that. Many voted no i think because of that.

had they phrased it "4 or more classes" i think it would have passed.

I think the nchsaa really wants 3. Could be im just a conspiracy theorist lol.

The other things that are weird is that when the nchsaa put out the info for the last vote, they also put out a list of things that may occur if the vote was positive, and they were very negative things that seemed to influence people to vote no.

The whole thing was weird.

I think we need 5 or 6 classes. I hate subdividing. But everyone has an opinion.

Here's the rule:
75% of the membership must vote yes to change the by laws. So any ballot not returned is effectively a no.

Some schools just dont care. Some are lazy. Some dont want their name on the record. Some want to vote no so they do it by not voting (i think this is a small number).So not all are ever returned. But if you dont vote because it doesnt affect you. when it DOES affect you, dont whine.

When they voted a few years back to basically kick out the parochials, the VAST majority that voted were for getting rid of them, but quite a few didnt vote.

I think many votes are also dictated by counties, as well as not wanting to up set the good ole boy network.

As far as the 6 classes, that was NOT what the vote was. it was to give the board the ability to divide them into ANY NUMBER of classes. There has been talk up there of going to 3 classes and subdividing for the playoffs. Small schools dont like that. Many voted no i think because of that.

had they phrased it "4 or more classes" i think it would have passed.

I think the nchsaa really wants 3. Could be im just a conspiracy theorist lol.

The other things that are weird is that when the nchsaa put out the info for the last vote, they also put out a list of things that may occur if the vote was positive, and they were very negative things that seemed to influence people to vote no.

The whole thing was weird.

I think we need 5 or 6 classes. I hate subdividing. But everyone has an opinion.
I’m for 5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT