ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Predictions

Sucker punch u mean to tell me that great defense NHS has didnt make the cut.. Wrh on the list .ED on the list ,shelby,reidsville,SP,on the list,!! Dogs 79 panther 96 what good is it to have a stellar offense but a second rate defense.? Can u answer that question please somebody help me on this one!!!
it is no good if you cant stop anybody. your only hope is to outscore them.

Reactions: daagoob
if their QB gets hurt they are finished.

You are absolutely right. That is one of the games that I saw NHS play and let me tell you that QB is as good as advertised. Just last week that kid threw 9 TDS and ran for 2 in one game.

The game he threw for 9 tds and ran for 2 let me guess it was against a team with a losing record right,other than
I think this is talking about you big bro.

A strong man knows how to keep his life in order. Even with tears in his eyes, he can still say 'I'm fine' with a smile. I'll send it to you because you're a strong man. That's why God heard your prayers and said the hard times are over. If you believe in him, send it to ten men, including me
panther 96, tdpass,wrhfan,and a few more, who seen wallace or ED play. The kid can be good thats not a prob. But when u play against top notch level defense it hard to do all that . im js.how many westerners seen wrh play this year stellar offense and defense . so i guess this we should just forfeit this game due to a qb that on the level of mike vick and tom brady,wow wrh we cant win this one we simply not good enough their qb gonna beat us. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 96panther
WRH will not shut down an offense like DH CONLEY or NHS, it's not going to happen, and definitely not when it's on the road. NHS is big,strong,talented,and explosive. That doesn't mean that they can't lose, but you're not going to shut them down. You may get a big surprise, and they completely shut you guys down. That last statement was just me dreaming a little lol, because from day one I haven't been a big fan of our defense, it could be better. On offense though, I couldn't be more happy. This NHS offense is the most exciting that I have seen in years.

when a team has a great running game, and puts together long sustained drives, the opponents offense cant get on the field to score. just saying.

Correct. Great offenses are only great when they are on the field. This is another reason SP has been so successful since going to the flexbone offense back in the late 90's. Three to five yards per carry all the way down the field.

Somethings different about this year, we aren't having lapses and making the dumb mistakes that we have been prone to. Also, we are healthy. Had our qb not gotten hurt in the 1st quarter 2 yrs ago against Washington in the eastern finals, we more than likely would have been playing for a state championship then. That was a major blow to us, and we had no one to replace him. Liverman was explosive and made things hapoen. He kept the opposing defenses on their heels at all times.

Correct. Great offenses are only great when they are on the field. This is another reason SP has been so successful since going to the flexbone offense back in the late 90's. Three to five yards per carry all the way down the field.
thats what ED does as well.

If we are fortunate enough to both make it through it should be a good game. Our defense is pretty stout and especially strong against the run.
thats not what i expected. being youre in the west i figured you were mainly a passing team. as for us, we pass every now and then just to keep the defense honest, but our running game is very potent, and thats what we have pretty much always done. also, our QB is cat quick and runs it quite a bit too. how did you dominate Shelby? mostly on the ground?

The successful teams in the West run the ball very well and play strong defense. Just look at Points For and Points Against statistics for the top teams, you will see the similarities. Offense wins games, Defense wins Championships! Oldest saying in the book and it's still true...

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
@96panther SP runs ALOT of options and triple options. Kinda reminds me of the Kendrick Burney days at SWO. I know you remember that. If perfected, the option game is very potent.

more exciting than Liverman?
This team has 3-4 Liverman type players...
Two top tier D-1 prospects... Defense not to bad, could be better , and has gotten better as the year has progressed...A lot of teams on schedule avoided late game shut outs due to young players on field with running clock.. The Offense is an entirely different beast...

thats not what i expected. being youre in the west i figured you were mainly a passing team. as for us, we pass every now and then just to keep the defense honest, but our running game is very potent, and thats what we have pretty much always done. also, our QB is cat quick and runs it quite a bit too. how did you dominate Shelby? mostly on the ground?

We basically run Georgia Tech's offense, the flexbone. Got it from Paul Johnson when he was at Georgia Southern in the 90s.

We threw 3 passes against Shelby for zero yards.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
@96panther SP runs ALOT of options and triple options. Kinda reminds me of the Kendrick Burney days at SWO. I know you remember that. If perfected, the option game is very potent.
yeah i remember it very well. they knocked us out (barely) that year in the third rd when Burney ran a QB keeper around the left side to take it to the house! SWO went on to win the state title that year i think. these guys act like we dont know what a state championship caliber team looks like. they dont know that in many cases ED gave some of these eventual state champions arguably their toughest game in the entirre playoffs, including the state title game. remember in 2010 when we beat a Todd Gurley lead Tarboro team up and down the field and somehow they still "stole" the win. they went on to beat Winston Salem Carver with not too much trouble in the title game?

I was at those games my nephew justin pickett play on one of those Ed teams also that faced tarboro...

I never said wallace would shut u down im saying they can make u one dimensional.either u gonna pass or run they can take away. Seen em shut down .as good as ED they won the only scored 14 points the whole game in which they scored in the first quarter. But they defense did the same thing . held us to 12 points .which is y i say our 2 defenses are crucial and very good 1&2 in these parts... It doesnt matter where i play what matter is if u come to play weve play big talented,explosive at a very good havelock team so we can win on the road goob. So the journey for ring number 7 in our football quest starts friday night.in wallace ..

I never said wallace would shut u down im saying they can make u one dimensional.either u gonna pass or run they can take away. Seen em shut down .as good as ED they won the only scored 14 points the whole game in which they scored in the first quarter. But they defense did the same thing . held us to 12 points .which is y i say our 2 defenses are crucial and very good 1&2 in these parts... It doesnt matter where i play what matter is if u come to play weve play big talented,explosive at a very good havelock team so we can win on the road goob. So the journey for ring number 7 in our football quest starts friday night.in wallace ..
i really think these western teams are underestimating our teams this year. especially our defenses.

Reactions: blackbulldog
Yep they were i think dijon was a better back , justin had power but no vision his brother had the whole package ... Those were some good ED teams

96 goob said they defense is that good but their offense is i thought defense won ships!!!

yeah i remember it very well. they knocked us out (barely) that year in the third rd when Burney ran a QB keeper around the left side to take it to the house! SWO went on to win the state title that year i think. these guys act like we dont know what a state championship caliber team looks like. they dont know that in many cases ED gave some of these eventual state champions arguably their toughest game in the entirre playoffs, including the state title game. remember in 2010 when we beat a Todd Gurley lead Tarboro team up and down the field and somehow they still "stole" the win. they went on to beat Winston Salem Carver with not too much trouble in the title game?

2004...SWO went on to smoke Shelby!!

Reactions: 96panther

We carried the ball 41 times for 341 yards against Shelby.

2004...SWO went on to smoke Shelby!!
exactly. and we were about a minute away from beating SWO until Burney did his thing. that was a very good ED team but not as fast or athletic as this one! we have at least 4 or 5 backs that would be the starter on most teams. you cant key on one player. they can all hurt you.

WRH will not shut down an offense like DH CONLEY or NHS, it's not going to happen, and definitely not when it's on the road. NHS is big,strong,talented,and explosive. That doesn't mean that they can't lose, but you're not going to shut them down. You may get a big surprise, and they completely shut you guys down. That last statement was just me dreaming a little lol, because from day one I haven't been a big fan of our defense, it could be better. On offense though, I couldn't be more happy. This NHS offense is the most exciting that I have seen in years.
WRH shutdown ED but ED shut them down as well.

Nice post, I'm pulling for you guys believe it or not, I want to see a WRH vs NHS showdown. I hope it comes to fruition. That would be the equivalent of South Pointe vs Shelby.

Honestly Wrh gotta win friday and next friday at home so its one game at a time!! I will say this we have 2 D-1 Backs who both are game breakers and busters and guys that are just as good at their positions,fast strong,athletic,great pass rush and run defense.. Im not saying we defend the pass pretty good we have alot of ints as a team. Now a 6'5 reciever can be a problem cant say ive seen a kid at wr that tall..

96 do u have to have a good defense to win the ship?
ask somebody who's team has won one :) nah just having a laugh at my expense. yeah, any team i've ever seen that went on to win a title, especially in high school, had a very good defense. im sure you have the rare teams that can just outscore everybody, but even they had to have a good defense. even if its not great.

Reactions: sasha_nc
96 yall had the yards but the score was in ya favor indulge me here, the game was just as good as the score both teams played like it was a playoff game. That game was a classic ..

Honestly Wrh gotta win friday and next friday at home so its one game at a time!! I will say this we have 2 D-1 Backs who both are game breakers and busters and guys that are just as good at their positions,fast strong,athletic,great pass rush and run defense.. Im not saying we defend the pass pretty good we have alot of ints as a team. Now a 6'5 reciever can be a problem cant say ive seen a kid at wr that tall..
right, one game at a time!!! St. Pauls is next on our list. if we take care of them we advance to the next rd.

96 yall had the yards but the score was in ya favor indulge me here, the game was just as good as the score both teams played like it was a playoff game. That game was a classic ..
yeah it was a good game! im just a little biased lol. i was scared to death yall were gonna kick a FG and beat us after we had already missed two FG's ourselves. from what i was told that was the first time our kicker had missed a FG all year. i guess the pressure of the big game got to him.

Reactions: dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT