ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Predictions

SP is definitely down on offense. No real speed to be able to turn the corner as they are used to. They are having to do things they traditionally don't like to do like pass the ball to stay competitive. With that said, they have definitely improved as the season has progressed but I still don't think they are near the level they should be to really compete against other playoff teams. It is just a matter of how far the defense can carry the team. I think one playoff win this year would make a successful season the way they have looked most of this year. But with our coaches you never know. Nobody thought SP would be in the state championship game last year either. I definitely don't expect it this year.

They are an Eastern based website, and they do not usually cover Western teams. All kinds of mistakes in their brackets. #1 East Gaston will have to get a win over Cramer or FV to get to 4 wins. #2 FT Foard should win one of their last two to get in and they don't have them listed. #3 IF KM is 3A then Crest will be too. But it's a starting point for conversations.

Yeah, it didn't look super accurate to me either but it's something. but yeah I just remember going to SP back 3 years ago and getting whooped. It's not a pleasant memory. I understand SP is down but if you have a good defense, that's enough to win games you shouldn't win sometimes.

I would love to see a Cleveland County Rematch though. It would be amazing. The crowd would be huge and the atmosphere would be electric.

ReynoldsRocks2, scroll to the very top of the page. click on the 1st round playoff predictions. looks pretty good to me. West Iredell and Ford could flip flop tho.

Like having the week off prior to playoffs. SP needs to get a few guys healthy to be ready for the playoffs. SP offense looks much better with Tinker at FB and Alexander running some WB and he makes a good defense much better when he gets some time in the secondary.

Everyone makes the playoffs in the current format. 1/3 of the teams that make it, shouldn't.

I wish they would use 5 or even 6 classifications in football. As of now, 256 teams make the playoffs, which is ridiculous. If they used 6 classifications, only 192 would make the playoffs (which is still too much), but it would cut down all of these 4-7 and 5-6 teams making the playoffs. But we all know that won't happen, the NCHSAA needs their money.

Freedom going to southern Guilford, that's a long drive, patton to west rowan. who knows what else could happen these next two weeks.

The only teams that should make the playoffs are the conference champions.

I disagree. You're telling me that if Team A finishes 10-1 and there only loss is to Team B that is 11-0, that Team A shouldn't make the playoffs? That's not right. Because there will be a team that finishes 7-4 that wins their conference.

Reactions: RaiderRulz
Just a stab at Tuscola
Not really it use to be that way.The only reason the NCHSAA changed it was for the money.Pisgah won the state championship in 75 and 76 .Lost one game in 77 to Brevard and never went to the playoffs.Also don't believe non conference game should even be considered .

Pisgah Bear, I disagree with ya. the teams should at least be .500 tho. If that were the case Pisgah would not have made the playoffs for the last 6 years.

Pisgah Bear, I disagree with ya. the teams should at least be .500 tho. If that were the case Pisgah would not have made the playoffs for the last 6 years.
in 2013,2014 Pisgah was 6-1 and the number one seed in the 3A part of conference,would have made the playoffs if we only went by conference champion. 2015 they were in a three way tie for first and West got the top seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT