5 HENDERSONVILLE 40

3 WEST CALDWELL 71
6 SALISBURY 76

2 REIDSVILLE 59
7 ROBINSON 45

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
The Western half of the Sweet 16:
North Surry (27-1) vs. Lincoln Charter (23-11)
Hendersonville (25-3) vs. East Gaston (24-2)

West Caldwell (26-2) vs. Salisbury (21-5)
Robinson (22-6) vs.Reidsville (23-0)

Pretty impressive for Hendersonville to be back here considering the talent they lost from last year. 2,000 point scorer graduated and went on to USC Aiken and a kid who'd scored 1500 in 3 years transferred to Christ School (where he's the leading scorer of a team going for NCISAA title Saturday). Sign of a well run program.

1 wins comfortably
2 wins in a thriller
3 wins a slobber knocker
4 I’m going with heart and they pull through
12 yep! road win too!🤮
6 in another thriller…watch out for 14 Davis for East Surry…he was “nuttin’ but net” on 3’s their 1st 4 trips down the floor against Maiden
7 rolls
8 wins..I under estimated LC due to their loss against West Caldwell.

I ain’t gotta clue!😂

Who you got?
Glad you were wrong

• Haha
Pretty impressive for Hendersonville to be back here considering the talent they lost from last year. 2,000 point scorer graduated and went on to USC Aiken and a kid who'd scored 1500 in 3 years transferred to Christ School (where he's the leading scorer of a team going for NCISAA title Saturday). Sign of a well run program.
Program has been in great hands with Featherstone at the helm. He won state as a player there back in the 80s. He does a good job. With the core coming back next year and the middle school group that I heard so much about, he could be loaded for a while.

Same could be said for Lincoln Charter and Robinson. Both have won and been to state championship games, lose players, and still find a way. Great job to all.

Serious question....
North Surry and Reidsville are the top 2 seeds
However, if you are Lincoln Charter or Robinson who would you rather play? North Surry or Reidsville?
I know who I would choose in a quick minute...A senior-laden team with winning tradition chasing a title or a team led by 2 very talented freshmen?
I would say most would choose to play Reidsville, especially a senior-laden Robinson team that is defending state champs.
That is why I said "easier" path. May prove to be very wrong but that is why basketball is so great. Any given night can prove to be your night especially when Freshmen with nothing to lose gets hot..
No disrespect to any team. It is very difficult to advance come playoff time and I can see any team left in the West winning a state. Best of luck...
Just curious as to some answers and fun back and forth...

Serious question....
However, if you are Lincoln Charter or Robinson who would you rather play? North Surry or Reidsville?
I know who I would choose in a quick minute...A senior-laden team with winning tradition chasing a title or a team led by 2 very talented freshmen?
I would say most would choose to play Reidsville, especially a senior-laden Robinson team that is defending state champs.
That is why I said "easier" path. May prove to be very wrong but that is why basketball is so great. Any given night can prove to be your night especially when Freshmen with nothing to lose gets hot..
No disrespect to any team. It is very difficult to advance come playoff time and I can see any team left in the West winning a state. Best of luck...
Bunch of great teams in the 2A sweet 16.

Do you mean it has limited seating?
Yes very limited seating

I agree nothing wrong with the gym. They play west Stokes every year and were in the same conference most years. Glad they named the gym after Ron King. He had some good teams and a good fellow.

Serious question....

How many state titles has north surry won? Not being smart, I really don’t know

Reidsville won in 1924 (Henry Miller MVP), 1973 (4A Melvin Watkins), 1994 (3A CC Harrison) and 2003 (2A - 11 players - couldn't tell first team from 2nd team - Jerome Simpson was the highlight reel on that team).
If Reidsville keeps their focus they have an opportunity to add another. They have been great to this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT