ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah vs North Davidson

PisgahBear9975

Oct 20, 2016
The Black Bears are Co-Champions of the Mountain 6, and the Black Knights are Champions of the CCC. Pisgah fans don’t know much about North Davidson, and the same may be true for ND fans about Pisgah. I expect it be a competitive game. What are your thoughts and insights about the game and matchup?

The Black Bears are Co-Champions of the Mountain 6, and the Black Knights are Champions of the CCC. Pisgah fans don’t know much about North Davidson, and the same may be true for ND fans about Pisgah. I expect it be a competitive game. What are your thoughts and insights about the game and matchup?
I would like to add to this thread, but honestly really have no insight, I haven't been to a game, and have kept up very little on the boards this spring season. I would say there are some Black Knight followers on here who will add some info on North Davidson. Excited for the playoffs to get started and see who comes put as champs! Looking forward to following this, and the other playoff threads forthcoming. Good luck to all the teams! #GDTBABK!

Don't know anything about Pisgah but ND has a dual-threat QB that will destroy you if he is on his game! He has some talented receivers with good hands and they can sky. RB is big and strong but lacks in much footwork. If the D line is weak he will bowl over them. If the game is close and comes down to a kick ND all day long!!! Their kicker is top-notch, a great kid too I have met him. Pisgah will be starting from their own 20 for every ND kickoff as ND kicker will kick deep in the endzone. I think he averages 53 yards a punt or something too. I pick ND by 10.

Don't know anything about Pisgah but ND has a dual-threat QB that will destroy you if he is on his game! He has some talented receivers with good hands and they can sky. RB is big and strong but lacks in much footwork. If the D line is weak he will bowl over them. If the game is close and comes down to a kick ND all day long!!! Their kicker is top-notch, a great kid too I have met him. Pisgah will be starting from their own 20 for every ND kickoff as ND kicker will kick deep in the endzone. I think he averages 53 yards a punt or something too. I pick ND by
Heck - ND has 2 kickers that can put it 10 yards out of the end zone and have 55+ range on FGs

Reactions: SCRballer
Don't know anything about Pisgah but ND has a dual-threat QB that will destroy you if he is on his game! He has some talented receivers with good hands and they can sky. RB is big and strong but lacks in much footwork. If the D line is weak he will bowl over them. If the game is close and comes down to a kick ND all day long!!! Their kicker is top-notch, a great kid too I have met him. Pisgah will be starting from their own 20 for every ND kickoff as ND kicker will kick deep in the endzone. I think he averages 53 yards a punt or something too. I pick ND by 10.
Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBBear51
What is the scouting report on Pisgah? Anybody got information?
Just a typical mtn team. No real standouts, they just work good as a team. Running back by committee, WR's we pray catch the ball when our qb throws it. That's if he still standing when he drops back to pass. Our kicker has gotten better throughout the season tho. No worries of hitting 50yd fg tho.
We'll see how it goes.

What is the scouting report on Pisgah? Anybody got information?
I do not have any specifics... however... using comparison games as a guide....Pisgah and East Surry both beat Mt. Airy by a similar margin leading me to believe they’re equal.
East Surry gave North Davidson their only loss in a squeaker.
Therefore.... I’m leaning toward Pisgah in another squeaker over North Davidson

Reactions: KW23

ok, we’re all in agreement this poster is either a) the kicker himself or b) the leader of his fan club, right? I mean we got a lot here: not 1 not 2 BUT 3 exclamation marks, a subtle attempt to inform everyone of his high character, and a detailed special teams scouting report — lol A LOT of passion in that post

ok, we’re all in agreement this poster is either a) the kicker himself or b) the leader of his fan club, right? I mean we got a lot here: not 1 not 2 BUT 3 exclamation marks, a subtle attempt to inform everyone of his high character, and a detailed special teams scouting report — lol A LOT of passion in that post
He's right about the kicker(s). The Marion kid has a big leg. Friday night, I saw him and a tall skinny kid kicking from the 50 yard line in warmups and clearing the cross bar by 5 to 10 yards. They did have a little breeze at their back, but I was astounded by the height and carry they were getting.

He's right about the kicker(s). The Marion kid has a big leg. Friday night, I saw him and a tall skinny kid kicking from the 50 yard line in warmups and clearing the cross bar by 5 to 10 yards. They did have a little breeze at their back, but I was astounded by the height and carry they were getting.
ND has a history of excellent kickers. As the father of a kicker, I’ve watched several in games and camps. They’re doing something right over there in that regard.

ND has a history of excellent kickers. As the father of a kicker, I’ve watched several in games and camps. They’re doing something right over there in that regard.
Huge advantage!....due to the disparity of good kickers at most high schools across the entire state!
Who’s the best? I ain’t gotta clue!

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Hoping that all our Pisgah Nation has a safe and blessed travel down to Lexington NC today and safe return home. And that both teams when the contest is over, is injury free. Personally expecting an exciting battle between the goal post tonight, and may the best team prevail!

GO BEARS!!!
Might want to edit that to Welcome. Those ND folks want nothing to do with Lexington😂

Should be a good game. The playoffs, and especially the West, don't have many gimmes this year. North has been used to going East the last few years and except for East Duplin a few years ago and Hertford County last year, the best teams in the East have been Western teams because of how it was organized. ND, Ledford, Randleman, and Salisbury all benefited from going East imo.

I think ND has a solid squad but the going will be much tougher this year because there's no watered down brackets for the most part. Certainly more interesting.

Reactions: PisgahBear9975
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT