ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah, Mt. Heritage, Swain Scrimmage

PBBear51

Sep 14, 2017
Canton, North Carolina
Should be an interesting challenge for the Black Bear's since Heritage is ranked 9'th in WNC by Carolina Gridiron and wlos. I'm very sure that Pisgah will handle them well and will out perform them at the end of the day.

Last edited:
I watched Mountain Heritage in the 7-7 at Pisgah. Thought they looked pretty good.QB can throw and number 14 is a good receiver, quick..Don't know much about Swain but anyone in the Smoky Mountain Con. is always tough. Should be a good scrimmage.Glad to see the season start think my Bears will have a good season. Rankings don't mean a lot right now.Mostly just ranking them as to how they finished last year.

Reactions: PBBear51
I watched Mountain Heritage in the 7-7 at Pisgah. Thought they looked pretty good.QB can throw and number 14 is a good receiver, quick..Don't know much about Swain but anyone in the Smoky Mountain Con. is always tough.Should be a good scrimmage.Glad to see the season start think my Bears will have a good season.
I noted the speed of #14 as well at that 7on7, but with Wike in the secondary and the pressure being applied up front, I figure he will be contained.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Swain was supposed to have been at our lineman challenge a few weeks ago but they didn't show. Don't know why they chose not to?

Last edited:
Should be an interesting challenge for the Black Bear's since Heritage is ranked 9'th in WNC by Carolina Gridiron and wlos. I'm very sure that Pisgah will handle them well and will out perform them at the end of the day.
I go to the scrimmage every season, Pisgah has never beat hetitage. Also that poll is a joke.

Heritage is the only 2a team in the mountains rank in top 10. I look for Pisgah to be improve, after watching them last year in the scrimmage I knew it would be a long year in canton. Love to see heritage and Owen join your conf, Owen will not be down forever lot of athletes in the valley.

Last edited:
I go to the scrimmage every season, Pisgah has never beat hetitage. Also that poll is a joke.

A scrimmage is not a real game. Mountain Heritage would have beat us in the regular season last year as well as Franklin and they beat Hendersonville. Look for Brett to play the starters longer in this scrimmage '

Heritage is the only 2a team in the mountains rank in top 10. I look for Pisgah to be improve, after watching them last year in the scrimmage I knew it would be a long year in canton. Love to see heritage and Owen join your conf, Owen will not be down forever lot of athletes in the valley.
Heritage moving to the M6 conference would definitely make their schedule more manly than it is now. They have probably one of the weakest conferences in the state.

Reactions: Rocketman101
A scrimmage is not a real game. Mountain Heritage would have beat us in the regular season last year as well as Franklin and they beat Hendersonville. Look for Brett to play the starters longer in this scrimmage '
Pisgah jv team look strong in the scrimmage last year better then us. You guys are the team to beat in your conf, Hendo has a speed advantage but they lost all of their d_linemen.

The bears should have good season, the only problem I see is they have gotten away from physical football. Chapell likes the passing game .that will work in the mtns , come playoff time teams like reidsville, shelby it want work, their athletes are to good. You have to get physical to have a chance against those teams.

Mountain Heritage has 8 winning seasons in 43 years of existence, 7 coming since 2008.
Yes heritage suck for a long time.right now their program is better then Pisgah. 3 western finals,state runner-up last 10 seasons. When was last time Pisgah made it past 2nd round.

Yes heritage suck for a long time.right now their program is better then Pisgah. 3 western finals,state runner-up last 10 seasons. When was last time Pisgah made it past 2nd round.[/QUOTE

2009 and 2016 in last 10 years. You do understand that Pisgah was playing 3A most of those years.There is a difference.The best way to find out who's the best is talk to your coach Robinson tell him to contact coach Chapell.I know he would love to get you on our schedule.I think it would make for some really good games.

Yes heritage suck for a long time.right now their program is better then Pisgah. 3 western finals,state runner-up last 10 seasons. When was last time Pisgah made it past 2nd round.
They were in the 3rd round two years ago smart-a$$, and our 1st team defense faced Swain twice and Mountain Heritage twice. Neither team moved the ball on us at all.

They were in the 3rd round two years ago smart-a$$, and our 1st team defense faced Swain twice and Mountain Heritage twice. Neither team moved the ball on us at all.
Are you sure you were their, in the real part of the scimmage were you have to get first downs, Pisgah did not get a first down, heritage drove to your 30 and got stop. You guys keep saying your defense dominated ,easy to do when they face Swain lol.

Is that the game they lost like 40 -0 lol

I believe it was 42 points -0.against the eventual state 3A champions, South Point. It's funny that you remember that.I wonder if you also remember Mountain Heritage giving up 45 points to Reidsville in the small 2A playoffs that same night?

I believe it was 42 points -0.against the eventual state 3A champions, South Point. It's funny that you remember that.I wonder if you also remember Mountain Heritage giving up 45 points to Reidsville in the small 2A playoffs that same night?
Yes I do , the difference was our game was close for 3 quarters, you game was over after 1 quarter lol. Last season we were down 7 with 2 min to go we score ,go for 2 they stop us. The point I am trying to make is Pisgah has done nothing in the playoffs last 10 season's.

Yes I do , the difference was our game was close for 3 quarters, you game was over after 1 quarter lol. Last season we were down 7 with 2 min to go we score ,go for 2 they stop us. The point I am trying to make is Pisgah has done nothing in the playoffs last 10 season's.

So in the last ten years playing in a weak 2A conference tell us how many state championships you have won?
This is easily settled since we have to find six non-conference games next year. Have your coach call our coach and figure out a time we can play a real game.I know Coach Chappel tried that two years ago and your coach refused.

No, the difference is we were playing a 3A team and you were playing a 2a team.There is a big difference.

Are you sure you were their, in the real part of the scimmage were you have to get first downs, Pisgah did not get a first down, heritage drove to your 30 and got stop. You guys keep saying your defense dominated ,easy to do when they face Swain lol.
Yes I was there. We scored twice on Mountain Heritage. How many times did mountain Heritage score on us? Hmmm I think it was....ZERO! Nada! Goose egg!

You were lucky that you got to play against Swains defense. That’s the only way you were gonna score that night.

Last edited:
So in the last ten years playing in a weak 2A conference tell us how many state championships you have won?
This is easily settled since we have to find six non-conference games next year. Have your coach call our coach nand figure out a time we can play a real game.I know Coach Chappel tried that two years ago and your coach refused.
Heritage is afraid lol you lost to east hendetson lol. No one fears Pisgah anymore, this is not 1970 s lol

Heritage is afraid lol you lost to east hendetson lol. No one fears Pisgah anymore, this is not 1970 s lol

I never said they feared us.I do know that could have scheduled us the last two years and didn't.I saw MH play Hendersonville last year and thought they were really good. Probably the second or third best team in WNC.Guess your coach figured playing Rosman and Hayneville would be a better game..I will remind you we currently have four more state championship trophies than MH.

I've seen first hand how good Mountain Heritage was the last few years. With the exception of maybe Reynolds they were the best team in Western North Carolina last year I can promise you that.

It's not uncommon for one or two standout athletes to make a team really strong here in the mountains. However, when this is the case and they graduate from a rual high school like Heratige, teams like that some times loose their edge. This may or may not be the case with Heritage but again, they were not impressive Friday night with the exception of a few good passes to #14.

It's not uncommon for one or two standout athletes to make a team really strong here in the mountains. However, when this is the case and they graduate from a rual high school like Heratige, teams like that some times loose their edge. This may or may not be the case with Heritage but again, they were not impressive Friday night with the exception of a few good passes to #14.
I rode out to canton after hearing the Pisgah hype at work. Pisgah is a solid team, so is heritage. Not sure which one would win in a real game, Pisgah passing game look good, heritage run defense is lot better then Pisgah. Heritage doesn't look as good as last year, Pisgah looks better. Both teams should win their conf, nether one looks like real contender.

Reactions: WNCfballFan
I rode out to canton after hearing the Pisgah hype at work. Pisgah is a solid team, so is heritage. Not sure which one would win in a real game, Pisgah passing game look good, heritage run defense is lot better then Pisgah. Heritage doesn't look as good as last year, Pisgah looks better. Both teams should win their conf, nether one looks like real contender.

It would be really tough for my Bears or anyone in the mountains with South Point,Shelby and Hibritten in the West.
I noticed Reynolds game time in 7:30 last year conference games started at 8 did they change it again?

It would be really tough for my Bears or anyone in the mountains with South Point,Shelby and Hibritten in the West.
I noticed Reynolds game time in 7:30 last year conference games started at 8 did they change it again?

Conference games started at 7 last year. Looks like they have gone back to 7:30 this season.

Ok for the last time, your defense played twice against heritage the whole scimmage, heritage defense face you at least 6 times, you score on a fluke pass, on 10 play scimmage and it was a tip bomb on your 10 play.if heritage offense would have play your defense 6 times I am sure they score. You guys are trying to make Pisgah a superpower lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT