ADVERTISEMENT

Page's Top Prospect Transfers to Dudley High

PagePirates44

Aug 15, 2004
Rivals 3*** ATH/Safety Jerron Blackwell Transferred to Dudley High School (per his twitter).
Jerron has 6 D1 offers so far, from West Virginia, Louisville, Appalachian State, James Madison, Charlotte, and Liberty.
We hate to see him go to such a big rival, but we wish him all the best in his future playing career.
Thank you Jerron for being a part of Page's program for 2 years, we look forward to seeing you compete for former Page assistant coach Steven Davis's Dudley Panthers.

Rivals 3*** ATH/Safety Jerron Blackwell Transferred to Dudley High School (per his twitter).
Jerron has 6 D1 offers so far, from West Virginia, Louisville, Appalachian State, James Madison, Charlotte, and Liberty.
We hate to see him go to such a big rival, but we wish him all the best in his future playing career.
Thank you Jerron for being a part of Page's program for 2 years, we look forward to seeing you compete for former Page assistant coach Steven Davis's Dudley Panthers.

Week one will be interesting between you guys

I love this positivity in this post….shows that these page fans care about the kid first….awesome

So, I won’t touch on the coach comment much because we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. And if you look at the facts, Coach Robertson has produced high-quality assistant coaches who have gone on to become head coaches across NC hence the reason they leave. And, I think we can all respect the fact that he wants to see his coaches succeed within or outside of his program. Now, as far as players go let’s just face the fact that we are in the age of the transfer portal. It’s not like it used to be and everybody knows it. Instead of looking at why kids are leaving a program let’s start to pay attention to the programs that are drawing in these top prospects. It has only ever been high praises for Coach Robertson and the way he runs his programs. A coach who has been a part of many state championship teams, head coach for East-West game, and a pick to coach in this year’s shrine bowl just to name a few. Do we really think the quality of coaching has changed? Or is it possible that this new age of high school football has made kids feel more entitled to things that some coaches aren’t willing to promise or compromise on? Programs should be built around the kids but it is not meant to be ran solely by them. And, that’s unfortunately the route this is going in NC. I’m willing to bet that Coach Robertson isn’t thrilled to lose good players, no coach wants that. However, as a coach, you have to keep pushing with the ones that want to be there whether that’s 20 kids or 100 kids which is exactly what he’s doing. While the “portal” isn’t only affecting Page, it is unfortunate those will be the kind of programs that will suffer in the process. So, while you see the “wrong” with Page, I see the “wrong” with the culture that is being created in high school sports as a whole. Something that’s not being talked about enough in my opinion.

Don't worry, Page will have a Brand New school with a brand new football stadium, soon enough. Page will once again retain their talent, and I'm sure the new facilities will entice parents to move over, as well. I foresee Robertson staying as Page's coach for as long as he wants to stay.

• Wow
Reactions: cimsies
Don't worry, Page will have a Brand New school with a brand new football stadium, soon enough. Page will once again retain their talent, and I'm sure the new facilities will entice parents to move over, as well. I foresee Robertson staying as Page's coach for as long as he wants to stay.
I hope your right ….cause coach brown got fellas committed and winning games…hard to stop something when it’s rolling like it is over there

Reactions: New3ra
I hope your right ….cause coach brown got fellas committed and winning games…hard to stop something when it’s rolling like it is over there
Coach Brown has always recruited well. He did the same thing at Southern but couldn’t get over the hump. I can see Grimsley trying to get a new field or something once Page does, as long as he’s still there.

Coach Brown has always recruited well. He did the same thing at Southern but couldn’t get over the hump. I can see Grimsley trying to get a new field or something once Page does, as long as he’s still there.

Its only so much you can do at programs such as neg (over 10 years ago) Sg and eg.

I know the reason(s) he transferred and I’ve known he was going to transfer for months.

He don’t have to recruit….his name does it for itself….maybe in the beginning he had to but now he has the ball rolling and kids and parents are doing what it takes to get there son enrolled at Grimsley high school….with as much heat as that program has taken it would be easy to bust them if they actually were recruiting…but there not

Reactions: Ukcatz92
He don’t have to recruit….his name does it for itself….maybe in the beginning he had to but now he has the ball rolling and kids and parents are doing what it takes to get there son enrolled at Grimsley high school….with as much heat as that program has taken it would be easy to bust them if they actually were recruiting…but there not
I know personally that they recruit…one of the rising freshman at Grimsley was recruited by them and he’s not in the district. I mean yeah now the program will sell itself but trust and believe they still recruit if need be.

I know personally that they recruit…one of the rising freshman at Grimsley was recruited by them. I mean yeah now the program will sell itself but trust and believe they still recruit if need be.
How do they get away with it?

So, I won’t touch on the coach comment much because we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. And if you look at the facts, Coach Robertson has produced high-quality assistant coaches who have gone on to become head coaches across NC hence the reason they leave. And, I think we can all respect the fact that he wants to see his coaches succeed within or outside of his program. Now, as far as players go let’s just face the fact that we are in the age of the transfer portal. It’s not like it used to be and everybody knows it. Instead of looking at why kids are leaving a program let’s start to pay attention to the programs that are drawing in these top prospects. It has only ever been high praises for Coach Robertson and the way he runs his programs. A coach who has been a part of many state championship teams, head coach for East-West game, and a pick to coach in this year’s shrine bowl just to name a few. Do we really think the quality of coaching has changed? Or is it possible that this new age of high school football has made kids feel more entitled to things that some coaches aren’t willing to promise or compromise on? Programs should be built around the kids but it is not meant to be ran solely by them. And, that’s unfortunately the route this is going in NC. I’m willing to bet that Coach Robertson isn’t thrilled to lose good players, no coach wants that. However, as a coach, you have to keep pushing with the ones that want to be there whether that’s 20 kids or 100 kids which is exactly what he’s doing. While the “portal” isn’t only affecting Page, it is unfortunate those will be the kind of programs that will suffer in the process. So, while you see the “wrong” with Page, I see the “wrong” with the culture that is being created in high school sports as a whole. Something that’s not being talked about enough in my opinion.
Doug Robertson is a class individual and an excellent coach. Thomasville’s program benefitted greatly from his time there. But he won’t kowtow to the “ me first” attitude of some of the players who only care about their stats. Perhaps to his detriment, but I applaud him for it.

Doug Robertson is a class individual and an excellent coach. Thomasville’s program benefitted greatly from his time there. But he won’t kowtow to the “ me first” attitude of some of the players who only care about their stats. Perhaps to his detriment, but I applaud him for it.

He surely won't. He was like that at Reidsville as well

Reactions: ocdavis31
I feel like this the transfer portal this year

All a kid has to do to transfer and avoid having to sit out a year is enroll in an academic program at the school they choose to move to. Once the kid is enrolled, they could literally say they dont want to do the academic program anymore, and will just be placed into a normal curriculum.

Reactions: Crestuff
All a kid has to do to transfer and avoid having to sit out a year is enroll in an academic program at the school they choose to move to. Once the kid is enrolled, they could literally say they dont want to do the academic program anymore, and will just be placed into a normal curriculum.
This is why I am a fan of open enrollment….it basically is already that way anyway

Reactions: Crestuff and New3ra
Hmm. Is it that way in Guilford? In CMS the athlete would lose eligibility. Once you declare a sports school in CMS in 9th grade that's your school for sports unless you have another home school. If you go magnet in 9th grade you have to sit out 365 if you go to any other magnet school. The only way to change is to "move" and establish another home school. magnet to magnet or home to magnet after 9th grade is auto 365. That's why guys moved so much in CMS, and why magnet schools (WC, NM, POB, EM) lose so many kids to their home schools after 9th or 10th grade.

Hmm. Is it that way in Guilford? In CMS the athlete would lose eligibility. Once you declare a sports school in CMS in 9th grade that's your school for sports unless you have another home school. If you go magnet in 9th grade you have to sit out 365 if you go to any other magnet school. The only way to change is to "move" and establish another home school. magnet to magnet or home to magnet after 9th grade is auto 365. That's why guys moved so much in CMS, and why magnet schools (WC, NM, POB, EM) lose so many kids to their home schools after 9th or 10th grade.
What about if a student family member gets hired at another school? Are they still 365?

What about if a student family member gets hired at another school? Are they still 365?
My understanding is that its now strict guardianship, and they verify through the courts. So no moving with the uncle/aunt/grandma in a certain district but the actual parent has to be employed at the school or the player most physically move into the district or its 365.

Reactions: ocdavis31
AGREE! Facts are facts. False reality and misleading "reasons" aside- this large uptick in transfers has everything to do with what is going on in college sports and entitlement in today's society; I classify "re-classing" along with it, too. I have seen it coming local to me (greater CHLT area) for the last several years at lower levels. We saw it in Middle School ball immediately after COVID. We keep seeing recruits going TO certain High Schools the last 4-5 years.
It isn't about which schools they're leaving; this issue is about the schools that kids are flocking to. We all know those schools have feelers out constantly. I don't know much about Page, their coach or the situation but I do know we see the same schools a lot of these transfers keep showing up at around our state. I don't respect it. I think it's weak. If you have to develop an All Star team from two or three counties...go play private school ball teams where they also can legally recruit so everyone is on close to the same playing field. If not....why don't we just have 1A play 4A. What's the difference?

AGREE! Facts are facts. False reality and misleading "reasons" aside- this large uptick in transfers has everything to do with what is going on in college sports and entitlement in today's society; I classify "re-classing" along with it, too. I have seen it coming local to me (greater CHLT area) for the last several years at lower levels. We saw it in Middle School ball immediately after COVID. We keep seeing recruits going TO certain High Schools the last 4-5 years.
It isn't about which schools they're leaving; this issue is about the schools that kids are flocking to. We all know those schools have feelers out constantly. I don't know much about Page, their coach or the situation but I do know we see the same schools a lot of these transfers keep showing up at around our state. I don't respect it. I think it's weak. If you have to develop an All Star team from two or three counties...go play private school ball teams where they also can legally recruit so everyone is on close to the same playing field. If not....why don't we just have 1A play 4A. What's the difference?
You call it entitled, I call it looking out for your own interest. That has always been the spirit of America. More people are able to play the game now. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
I want to address a couple different things. #1 people that keep saying Doug is a good man and a great coach. I'm not disagreeing with that at all. He's top notch. What I'm saying is he's coached at a lot of Country schools like Reidsville, and Thomasville. Page is in the middle of Greensboro. Could it be those kids are not (kids that leave) are connecting with him?

Now as far a Brown and Grimsley goes. Grimsley didn't get these kids rolling in there until they got Albright as AD. Albright is a football guy that will do what needs to be done to get a transfer no matter how shady it may look. Brown doesn't have to recruit because his asst coaches text players thru kids on their team. I've personally seen these texts. Now we talk like Brown is dominating the State. Let's be real! Brown won the 2020 Covid Championship with a stacked Roster. What was that 6 Regular season games and 3 playoff? Not a lot of time for Grades and life situations that normally come up during 11 game plus 6 playoff games season. Since then he's fell short. Now he's #1 in the State it's win or go home. Brown has dominated the Metro yes as he should with all that talent. Now, he's going to be judged by State Championships and he has yet to win wo. During a full season with a full post season. If he doesn't win it all this yr people need to start asking is he a dominant coach or does he just stack talent until they get beat by better coaches in November/December? Lots of questions among these 2 rivals in Greensboro.

I want to address a couple different things. #1 people that keep saying Doug is a good man and a great coach. I'm not disagreeing with that at all. He's top notch. What I'm saying is he's coached at a lot of Country schools like Reidsville, and Thomasville. Page is in the middle of Greensboro. Could it be those kids are not (kids that leave) are connecting with him?

Now as far a Brown and Grimsley goes. Grimsley didn't get these kids rolling in there until they got Albright as AD. Albright is a football guy that will do what needs to be done to get a transfer no matter how shady it may look. Brown doesn't have to recruit because his asst coaches text players thru kids on their team. I've personally seen these texts. Now we talk like Brown is dominating the State. Let's be real! Brown won the 2020 Covid Championship with a stacked Roster. What was that 6 Regular season games and 3 playoff? Not a lot of time for Grades and life situations that normally come up during 11 game plus 6 playoff games season. Since then he's fell short. Now he's #1 in the State it's win or go home. Brown has dominated the Metro yes as he should with all that talent. Now, he's going to be judged by State Championships and he has yet to win wo. During a full season with a full post season. If he doesn't win it all this yr people need to start asking is he a dominant coach or does he just stack talent until they get beat by better coaches in November/December? Lots of questions among these 2 rivals in Greensboro.

Coach rob had some issues with some of the Reidsville kids as well. Not necessarily transfers, but the star qb and running back both got kicked off the team. Dougs best run was with Eastern Guilford, imo.

I like what you said about Grimsley. But its a lot of other really good teams in 4a.

Reactions: nwguilford007
You call it entitled, I call it looking out for your own interest. That has always been the spirit of America. More people are able to play the game now. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
I don't hate anybody. But, I also do not respect the growing culture that promotes pimp coaches and "handlers" playing at 2-3 places during a 4 year HS span. Those people are either too dumb to know any better, or think they can trick the entire system about a kid being legit big D1-Power 5 /Pro talent and that there is some lottery at the end of the rainbow.
Even in a large state with great HS football like NC....everybody knows the real percentages of elite talents playing are extremely small. This growing practice is simply selling a kid a lie when that same parent or handler ought to be teaching them about life is disgusting. Looking out for their own interests? LOL...that's what I'M saying to do. Teach them how to pay bills, understand how payroll taxes work, change a tire so they won't be a deadbeat in life...which will be upon 99.9% of them in 1-4 years.

Reactions: nepsy7
I don't hate anybody. But, I also do not respect the growing culture that promotes pimp coaches and "handlers" playing at 2-3 places during a 4 year HS span. Those people are either too dumb to know any better, or think they can trick the entire system about a kid being legit big D1-Power 5 /Pro talent and that there is some lottery at the end of the rainbow.
Even in a large state with great HS football like NC....everybody knows the real percentages of elite talents playing are extremely small. This growing practice is simply selling a kid a lie when that same parent or handler ought to be teaching them about life is disgusting. Looking out for their own interests? LOL...that's what I'M saying to do. Teach them how to pay bills, understand how payroll taxes work, change a tire so they won't be a deadbeat in life...which will be upon 99.9% of them in 1-4 years.
#1 problem in teaching and coaching. No parenting

I can agree with this. If a kid transfers to another school ok whatever. But these kids who are playing on 3 different rosters in 3 years is a dang joke. Could it be that you are the problem Dad not the coach?

Page top recruit 6-5 285 pound Rising Sophomore Jr. Saunders who has offers from NC State and Virginia Tech transferred to Woodberry forest. He reclassified to the class of 2027 also and I expect him to be a top 100 player nationally in his class. He was dominant in the trenches as a freshman last season.

• Wow
Reactions: beamer24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT