ADVERTISEMENT

Page football

nwguilford007

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2022
Any update on page football scrimmages? Haven’t heard anything on how or who they scrimmaged?

Any update on page football scrimmages? Haven’t heard anything on how or who they scrimmaged?
Page scrimmaged Eastern Alamance and looked decent from what i heard. Also, scrimmaged West Forsyth last Friday night at Reidsville and lost 14 to 9. There's a couple of video's on maxpreps. Work in progress but hopefully will be getting better as the season goes on!

About to get beat by 60....
That would be a pretty insane score line and you never know everything could go right for Dudley, they are a clear cut favorite in the match up on both sides of the ball and talk about the difference in coaching experience... Page is very young in a lot of spots, but they will be uber competitive.

It's time for Dudley to maybe look for another week 1 game in the future. The same way they dropped Carver when they fell off, it may be time to do the same for Page. Looking at Dudleys schedule, they don't have a single challenge at all this year. They need to challenge themselves. I understand their conference is their conference, but something has to give. Grimsley is right there!

Agree Dudley is a problem. Very well coached and super talented
Dudley has been a problem as long as Coach Davis has been there. Currently, one of the best high school coaches in NC. As long as he is there, they will continue to be a problem. The talent year in and year out doesn't hurt either.

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
Dudley has been a problem as long as Coach Davis has been there. Currently, one of the best high school coaches in NC. As long as he is there, they will continue to be a problem. The talent year in and year out doesn't hurt either.
Love the program he has there. Deep respect for him and that program.

Reactions: fitguync30
It's time for Dudley to maybe look for another week 1 game in the future. The same way they dropped Carver when they fell off, it may be time to do the same for Page. Looking at Dudleys schedule, they don't have a single challenge at all this year. They need to challenge themselves. I understand their conference is their conference, but something has to give. Grimsley is right there!
You must be out of the loop. Dudley has tried to play Grimsley the last 4-5 years while both have had a significant amount of talent. I’m not sure if the staffs don’t get along or what but it will not get done.

Last edited:
You must be out of the loop. Dudley has tried to play Grimsley the last 4-5 years while both have had a significant amount of talent. I’m not sure it’s the staffs don’t get along or what but it will not get done.
I'm definitely out of the loop. I didn't know that. Not a good luck for Grimsley if that's true.

I’m sure they won’t at next season

You're not wrong...
Page started a Freshman QB and Freshman RB tonight.
Halftime score is 47-0 Dudley.
The panthers are just bigger, faster, stronger, more experienced, and more disciplined.
Page is going to take some lumps early in this building phase.
You must be out of the loop. Dudley has tried to play Grimsley the last 4-5 years while both have had a significant amount of talent. I’m not sure if the staffs don’t get along or what but it will not get done.
I heard Dudley has been ducking

Dudley and Grimsley wouldn’t play in the past due to recruiting…Grimsley was afraid Dudley would take their players but now they won’t play due to crowd and the atmosphere it brings playing a Dudley! Extra security would be needed and the rowdiness of the players is not what Grimsley would be willing to sign up for!

Page has a lot to work on. I understand why Dudley should look elsewhere. But Page is not Carver or Hillside, because Page and Dudley are natural rivals, and have been rivals really since the beginning when Page started playing ball.

I highly doubt Page and Dudley will drop each other on the schedule. But, it's not out of the realm of possibility. I think it's more likely that Page and Reidsville drop each other.
Coach Davis has Page ties as he used to coach there under Kirby. With guys like Bill King, Frank Starling, Ken Page, Clayton Nance, & Bob Via. As long as Davis is the coach at Dudley, I would be surprised if Page wasn't on the schedule somewhere.

Reactions: New3ra
Dudley and Grimsley wouldn’t play in the past due to recruiting…Grimsley was afraid Dudley would take their players but now they won’t play due to crowd and the atmosphere it brings playing a Dudley! Extra security would be needed and the rowdiness of the players is not what Grimsley would be willing to sign up for!
This is partially true and partially exaggerated. It has nothing to do with security and extra rowdiness but the possibility of losing players and what they’ve built the last 4-5 years is a real thing. Grimsley has more to lose in the situation. If Dudley loses they’ll still always be Dudley because of their rich tradition.

Page has a lot to work on. I understand why Dudley should look elsewhere. But Page is not Carver or Hillside, because Page and Dudley are natural rivals, and have been rivals really since the beginning when Page started playing ball.

I highly doubt Page and Dudley will drop each other on the schedule. But, it's not out of the realm of possibility. I think it's more likely that Page and Reidsville drop each other.
Coach Davis has Page ties as he used to coach there under Kirby. With guys like Bill King, Frank Starling, Ken Page, Clayton Nance, & Bob Via. As long as Davis is the coach at Dudley, I would be surprised if Page wasn't on the schedule somewhere.
What’s your email again? I’m going to hit you up and send you some stuff later on.

Would love to see Dudley travel to Langston Hughes for a 1st game or someone from the 757. Grimsley non conference schedule always hurts them late in the playoffs

I'm watching the replay on NFHS and Page really upgraded their field. It looks amazing!

Edit: Wait Is that grass or turf? I can't tell lol. Whatever it is, it looks great.

Reactions: PagePirates44
I'm watching the replay on NFHS and Page really upgraded their field. It looks amazing!

Edit: Wait Is that grass or turf? I can't tell lol. Whatever it is, it looks great.
yeah the field was installed last summer and the giant video board was installed 2 years ago.

Reactions: ForsythCo
This is partially true and partially exaggerated. It has nothing to do with security and extra rowdiness but the possibility of losing players and what they’ve built the last 4-5 years is a real thing. Grimsley has more to lose in the situation. If Dudley loses they’ll still always be Dudley because of their rich tradition.

By the time they sign up to play each other it may not even be a big game anymore. You know how quickly things can change. But if they play I’m there.

yeah the field was installed last summer and the giant video board was installed 2 years ago.
What the heck has happened to Page in football? Yeah, Dudley is really good, deep and talented. But Page should not get manhandled like that on the football field. That was embarrassing.

By the time they sign up to play each other it may not even be a big game anymore. You know how quickly things can change. But if they play I’m there.
I think it’s already too late. Faizon has one more year and what’s the chances of them having the talent they’ve had the last 4 years.

What the heck has happened to Page in football? Yeah, Dudley is really good, deep and talented. But Page should not get manhandled like that on the football field. That was embarrassing.
3 coaches in 9 years, we hired a first time head coach this offseason and it looks like they are investing playing time heavily in underclassmen.

What’s up with that? Discipline
No, not a discipline thing, the senior QBs father said he didn't know why when i asked him. From what i've gathered it's a new coach, an open competition at all positions, and I guess the freshman showed more in practice/scrimmages and won the job...

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Are you starting a freshman qb? My next question is what happened to the other qb?
Why have they gone through so many coaches in a short amount of time? I realize there are numerous reasons why coaches move on. But the Page job is a good one, a 4A school with resources and in one of the larger cities in NC. Seems like a coach would want to stay there for the long term and build something.

Why have they gone through so many coaches in a short amount of time? I realize there are numerous reasons why coaches move on. But the Page job is a good one, a 4A school with resources and in one of the larger cities in NC. Seems like a coach would want to stay there for the long term and build something.
We've talked about it ad nauseam on here, but the main jist of it is the standard is high at Page, the bar is very high. One of them wasn't a good fit, and the other was a great fit, but his staff was ambitious, if you will, and left Page and took other coaching jobs, so the lack of continuity ended up setting the program back. Also, after his son graduated, he decided to move on. The new coach is a great guy, we love his attitude and energy. As long as Coach Hann can keep the locker room together and show improvement, he might be the long term guy you're referring to. But, I agree.. it's a good job and the tradition, support, and resources are there. The school building itself is to be (2022 GC School bond) rebuilt sometime in the short term (2-4 years, my estimation), its sorely needed, it was bad 3 years ago, now its even worse.

We've talked about it ad nauseam on here, but the main jist of it is the standard is high at Page, the bar is very high. One of them wasn't a good fit, and the other was a great fit, but his staff was ambitious, if you will, and left Page and took other coaching jobs, so the lack of continuity ended up setting the program back. Also, after his son graduated, he decided to move on. The new coach is a great guy, we love his attitude and energy. As long as Coach Hann can keep the locker room together and show improvement, he might be the long term guy you're referring to. But, I agree.. it's a good job and the tradition, support, and resources are there. The school building itself is to be (2022 GC School bond) rebuilt sometime in the short term (2-4 years, my estimation), its sorely needed, it was bad 3 years ago, now its even worse.
Is Page made up of one large building or multiple buildings? When did Page open? I know it has been around for a while now so the infrastructure that makes up the school is probably worse for wear at this point. I hope the new coach decides to stay for the long term and can get Page back to being respectable. It seems like they have not been good in quite a long time. So the fans/boosters need to understand Rome wasn't built in a day and this coach will need time and not try and run him off after a couple of seasons of struggling.

Is Page made up of one large building or multiple buildings? When did Page open? I know it has been around for a while now so the infrastructure that makes up the school is probably worse for wear at this point. I hope the new coach decides to stay for the long term and can get Page back to being respectable. It seems like they have not been good in quite a long time. So the fans/boosters need to understand Rome wasn't built in a day and this coach will need time and not try and run him off after a couple of seasons of struggling.
Page is a great school and like I said a while back they hired a fella that is to busy doing wheelies on four wheelers in the streets of gboro than playing football….and I have seen it for myself via Snapchat

I think Page will give the current coach 5-7 years. I think the fans and boosters know at this point that it takes time. As long as the kids stay at Page and continue to grow and get better alongside the coaches.

Page was built in the 1950s, its mostly one large building, but the auditorium and g-wing were built in the early 60s. The main building was built comparing to today's standards poorly. A large portion of the school was built underground, and the infrastructure has taken a toll. I think they are actually doing renovations to the auditorium soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT