ADVERTISEMENT

One Stop List of Game Changes To Thursday

East Surry feild has bad grub worm problem is what I am hearing.
Worm problem? What the difference in the worms between Thursday and Friday night? Interesting lol or is they wanting a front roll seat. For the MICS show that rolls in to MA Friday night. Can you say someone concerned, nervous, or terrified. Enjoy your Thursday night lights come to MA disgusted Friday as spectators.

Wait wait wait.... games Thursday this week too? Weather, I'm assuming? Nothing of the sort out east as of now. Guess it's just switching sides this week.

A team full of D1 athletes must have pristine field conditions in order to operate and function like a well-oiled machine. Thoroughbreds don't run in the slop and so they shouldn't either.

A team full of D1 athletes must have pristine field conditions in order to operate and function like a well-oiled machine. Thoroughbreds don't run in the slop and so they shouldn't either.
The field definitely isn’t pristine and it’s a legit concern. I’d guess the concern is more about liability and player safety (for both teams). Maybe if the field gets too bad they can move a game to Dobson since it’s never in use this time of year.

I have been watching Twitter & NCPreps and MIC will be at Mount Airy Friday night not Thursday and if that changes then someone will post the change, so stay tuned. My guess is a Friday night game but those decisions are made from within the school system.

If I remember correctly a game at East Surry was changed a couple of weeks ago because the field has a poor drainage problem and they probably don't want to mess up their field.

TD grub worms is the freaking truth geez. And if it rains just a little makes the ground even worse.
Yes, I had moles a couple of years ago in my yard and had to use a Scotts fertilizer spreader to spread a bag of Bayer Complete insect kill to get rid of the grubs and the moles went away. If you have grubs you can get moles. That may be their problem having moles after the grubs. Just saying as I don't know. They may just want to keep their field in good shape. Cost a lot to keep a field in good shape and East Surry & Mount Airy don't have a lot of schools that bring a large gate as they did several years back.Some conference teams only bring 50 to 100 to the games and those are probably Players, Cheerleader and Band member's family. lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT