ADVERTISEMENT

Official Catholic @ Weddington Thread

Catholic looked small and slow but more importantly confused and passive.

Second time seeing Weddington and did not expect this. Thought it would be a tight game in the teens and / or single digits.

A Weddington fan by me was talking about Mallard Creek and how they would matchup. Bad. Weddington is the sixth best team I have watched this year. Would like to see them play Butler. Think that would be a good matchup.

1. MC
2. Dutch Fork
3. Vance / Gaffney / Richmond
6. Weddington
7. Butler

My list- Excluding Mallard Creek

- Dutch Fork
- Myers Park
- Vance
- Gaffney
- Wake Forest
- Butler
-

Gonna go see West Forsyth- East Forsyth next week.

Last edited:
You have eaten a lot of crow on here the past 3yrs. You have become the Stephen A Smith of ncpreps with your predictions....

This is true...but for fun I'll keep trying, so here's one more...if KM or Huss sees Weddington in the playoffs, it's over. I'm not completely sure either team will get past Catholic. Time will tell.

worst I have seen Catholic taken apart since the NG game. Congrats to Weddington, I honestly thought Weddington had the inside track to win but only BC they were at home and I knew from watching Catholic was a little down this year. We have seemed deficient in run defense and any semblance of a passing game all year. I thought it would be a low scoring game (wrong from Weddington side) ----- Weddington was a massively superior team in all phases. --- can't be the best in the state every year and hopefully CC gets better each week -- WHAM IS STILL AN IDIOT

Catholic looked small and slow but more importantly confused and passive.

Second time seeing Weddington and did not expect this. Thought it would be a tight game in the teens and / or single digits.

A Weddington fan by me was talking about Mallard Creek and how they would matchup. Bad. Weddington is the sixth best team I have watched this year. Would like to see them play Butler. Think that would be a good matchup.

1. MC
2. Dutch Fork
3. Vance / Gaffney / Richmond
6. Weddington
7. Butler

Everyone wants to measure themselves against MC. Trust me, we are always looking for games.

Reactions: btango
And that is true. Still scary fast. Lost some beef on the front but still a force. Monroe could not break off a long run the entire game. They were swarmed like Africanized honeybees on a punk teenager throwing rocks at the hive.

Weddington has played NO ONE. Let’s find out what happens.
And a Weddington still hasn’t played anyone. 45 points? Really?

Reactions: onioncfb
This is true...but for fun I'll keep trying, so here's one more...if KM or Huss sees Weddington in the playoffs, it's over. I'm not completely sure either team will get past Catholic. Time will tell.
Weddington should be in the big 3A so Kings Mountain or Huss would not see them.

Congrats to Weddington on a great and impressive win. Catholic looked small and slow tonight. I’d be shocked if Weddington doesn’t run the table the rest of the season. All bets are off regarding Catholic. They didn’t look like the same team I saw against Rummel. But Weddington had a lot to do with that. I like to remember what coach Joe Paterno said about games like this. Keep a level head. You’re not as good as you look nor as bad as you look when you lose. Again congrats to Weddington. A great win.

I like to assume that the people who rank certain high schools nationally, are not just shooting crap out their asses, so if Catholic loses or comes really close to losing to weddington...I would hope or assume weddington would be ranked nationally in the top 50. Or these so called "experts" should be fired.
How many “experts” are losing their jobs?

You can always be certain and rely on Crest91 to say what needs to be said. It is a staple of ALL Crest fans everywhere and Crestrulz is their patriarch.

“I will lift up mine eyes from whence cometh my help”
I guess this time Crest91 talked out of his ass.

I don't agree with the smaller part, I watched Weddington walk into the stadium and was kinda surprised at how small I think they looked. They PLAYED HUGE, and fast, but Catholic was not outmanned size wise. Catholic outmanned all over the field regardless of size

Reactions: onioncfb
I don't agree with the smaller part, I watched Weddington walk into the stadium and was kinda surprised at how small I think they looked. They PLAYED HUGE, and fast, but Catholic was not outmanned size wise. Catholic outmanned all over the field regardless of size

Weddington is not a big team at all.

Catholic did a good job in Shipley for the most part. Issue fir the D was the O not getting much yardage and putting them in bad spots and quick turnarounds.

Weddington is not a big team at all.

Catholic did a good job in Shipley for the most part. Issue fir the D was the O not getting much yardage and putting them in bad spots and quick turnarounds.
agree, offense lost yardage all night by not gaining any, kicker for Weddington was sick and flipped the field 20-30 yards all night just on exchanged kicks

Reactions: Old 48er
It was only 10-0 at half but it felt like it was over. I thought my prediction of 24-0 was looking pretty good, I didn't see the total Catholic collapse coming. Catholic's offense is really bad, with absolutely no passing game their offense becomes so one dimensional any decent team should be able to shut them down. That being said they will still win the rest of their conference games and go into the playoffs 7-3. Once there who knows the matchups will be key. My bet is the Catholic coaches will figure something out and Catholic will make their usual deep run. Weddington enjoy this one but remember 2 years ago Catholic hung 42 on you in the first half TWICE, last year Catholic shut you out, so I guess what goes around comes around and even a blind chicken gets a kernel or corn once in awhile.

Reactions: footsoldier
It was only 10-0 at half but it felt like it was over. I thought my prediction of 24-0 was looking pretty good, I didn't see the total Catholic collapse coming. Catholic's offense is really bad, with absolutely no passing game their offense becomes so one dimensional any decent team should be able to shut them down. That being said they will still win the rest of their conference games and go into the playoffs 7-3. Once there who knows the matchups will be key. My bet is the Catholic coaches will figure something out and Catholic will make their usual deep run. Weddington enjoy this one but remember 2 years ago Catholic hung 42 on you in the first half TWICE, last year Catholic shut you out, so I guess what goes around comes around and even a blind chicken gets a kernel or corn once in awhile.

You were right, 48er. Damn it!

Running clock
Congrats to Weddington on a great and impressive win. Catholic looked small and slow tonight. I’d be shocked if Weddington doesn’t run the table the rest of the season. All bets are off regarding Catholic. They didn’t look like the same team I saw against Rummel. But Weddington had a lot to do with that. I like to remember what coach Joe Paterno said about games like this. Keep a level head. You’re not as good as you look nor as bad as you look when you lose. Again congrats to Weddington. A great win.
The Catholic OL is NOT small. Don't know why people keep saying they look small

Running clock

OL actually is big and looked bigger as Weddington does not have a very large D. Regardless of how big they were they did not block.

You’re only as good as your last game. The only thing that matters now in this matchup is who won the last matchup. The blind chicken got 45 kernels of corn in what was a total domination. CC doesn’t look to be at championship caliber this year. Remember, teams can’t always win based on reputation.

Reactions: crest91
Running clock

The crazy thing is you are both right. Catholic started 3 kids on their oline that probably averaged over 300 pounds and then had 2 kids (the center and the right guard) the could not be over 180 pounds so I guess it depends on where you look.

In the words of Coach Oddo “In this game, if youre around for awhile theyll get ya sometimes.” Weddington got us. No doubt about it. Fantastic team and coaching staff. Players and coaches were classy as is the case with them. Time to regroup and press on though. No one touches Weddington in 3AA though.

Catholic dominated 4A...so what do you mean?
2013: 13-2, regional final
2014: 14-2, state runner up
2015: 15-0 4A state champs
2016: 13-2, regional final (should've won that game and won the title)
So think we'd do just fine in 4A.
How long will it be before CC goes down to 2A?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT