ADVERTISEMENT

Official Catholic @ Weddington Thread

footsoldier

Aug 24, 2003
Parts Unknown
That’s right boys this week’s premier NC matchup between two defending state champions is on the radar as Catholic meets Weddington 10/4 in a contest for bragging rights and SCC supremacy. There will be no reason to care about any other game.

After a twenty day hiatus Catholic stormed the field last night at Keffer Stadium and backhanded Monroe like a day care bully on two cans of Red Bull 41-10. Is this what lies in store for Weddington? I predict a fight to the finish.

This will be a game of epic proportions with a last man standing victory for one of these powerhouse programs. Write it down and come see how the game is played at its highest level.

Last edited:
If W can get just a little offense going this year they have a chance. You just can’t give Catholic the ball inside the 10 twice and expect to win.

Reactions: Crr1968
If W can get just a little offense going this year they have a chance. You just can’t give Catholic the ball inside the 10 twice and expect to win.
Catholic’s defense is tough to score on this s year.

Catholic’s defense is tough to score on this s year.
And that is true. Still scary fast. Lost some beef on the front but still a force. Monroe could not break off a long run the entire game. They were swarmed like Africanized honeybees on a punk teenager throwing rocks at the hive.

Weddington has played NO ONE. Let’s find out what happens.

And that is true. Still scary fast. Lost some beef on the front but still a force. Monroe could not break off a long run the entire game. They were swarmed like Africanized honeybees on a punk teenager throwing rocks at the hive.

Weddington has played NO ONE. Let’s find out what happens.

Agreed, Catholic should in theory dominate Weddington

Lol. Great win against Monroe. Not going to help you against the green meanies. That big running back is going to eat up your little boy defense like a fat guy at Burger King

Reactions: Mountaineer1972
2 of the best defenses in state against each other. This game may come down to who scores first. Old fashioned slobber knocker

How do you figure that?

I like to assume that the people who rank certain high schools nationally, are not just shooting crap out their asses, so if Catholic loses or comes really close to losing to weddington...I would hope or assume weddington would be ranked nationally in the top 50. Or these so called "experts" should be fired.

I like to assume that the people who rank certain high schools nationally, are not just shooting crap out their asses, so if Catholic loses or comes really close to losing to weddington...I would hope or assume weddington would be ranked nationally in the top 50. Or these so called "experts" should be fired.
You can always be certain and rely on Crest91 to say what needs to be said. It is a staple of ALL Crest fans everywhere and Crestrulz is their patriarch.

“I will lift up mine eyes from whence cometh my help”

Since you made that statement based on other people’s opinion, what is your actual prediction for the game?

Since you made that statement based on other people’s opinion, what is your actual prediction for the game?

I'll give weddington a close first half. If Weddington scores more than 14 points chances are it's because Catholic played the second string. I'll call a 38-14 game

I remember driving down to Weddington in 2017 expecting a great game and they got that ass waxed.

Doesn't have any merit today, but I found that funny. It should be a great game, but I got CC in a close one.

21-14

Reactions: footsoldier
I remember driving down to Weddington in 2017 expecting a great game and they got that ass waxed.

Doesn't have any merit today, but I found that funny. It should be a great game, but I got CC in a close one.

21-14
I'll give weddington a close first half. If Weddington scores more than 14 points chances are it's because Catholic played the second string. I'll call a 38-14 game
I guarantee you CC won’t score 38 points

21-14
It was funny in 2017 with the majority of that team being sophomores.

It was funny in 2017 with the majority of that team being sophomores.

That's why I said he doesn't hold any weight. I was just lead to believe it was going to be a good game. I honestly didn't even know who Weddington was until 2017. I know a lot more about the team now.

Reactions: Crr1968
That's why I said he doesn't hold any weight. I was just lead to believe it was going to be a good game. I honestly didn't even know who Weddington was until 2017. I know a lot more about the team now.
That team lost about 20 starters and had only 4 seniors. They won 10 games and made it to the third round of playoffs before getting blasted by CC. That team was projected to win 4-5 games that year.

BTW, that 2017 CC team was the best 3A team I’ve ever seen.

Weddington has scored 13 pts in the last 12 quarters of football and a total score in those 3 games of like 104-13. Can someone walk me through why we think this will be close other than some kids have gotten older?

Weddington has scored 13 pts in the last 12 quarters of football and a total score in those 3 games of like 104-13. Can someone walk me through why we think this will be close other than some kids have gotten older?
Weddington’s experience and CC’s loss of experience. The score will be a lot different Friday night.

That team lost about 20 starters and had only 4 seniors. They won 10 games and made it to the third round of playoffs before getting blasted by CC. That team was projected to win 4-5 games that year.
They get blasted by Catholic every time...regular season or playoffs.....lol. 20-0 last season with both Shipleys. If Weddington were 3A that behind would be on the couch tomorrow. See you Friday. :D

Catholic does have one player who isn't really talked about much, but who will be on defense. Conner Dougherty, DE, he totally manhandled the 5 star LT of Good Counsel and dominated him all night. Was all over the backfield vs Rummel and took Monroe's LT and basically bench pressed him into the backfield all night. He will be a force, just a JR too.

Quick lesson for you because I remember that game and the pre-season leading up to it and all. No one and I mean not a soul said that Weddington was only winning 4-5 games that year. You might've, but every coach I know in UC and those who cover the county never said that. That was a Tim Carson coached team, he was getting at least 7 wins out of that team regardless. So don't pull that.

Quick lesson for you because I remember that game and the pre-season leading up to it and all. No one and I mean not a soul said that Weddington was only winning 4-5 games that year. You might've, but every coach I know in UC and those who cover the county never said that. That was a Tim Carson coached team, he was getting at least 7 wins out of that team regardless. So don't pull that.
That team scrimmaged Fort Mill and get destroyed. Those words I repeated came from the horses mouth. Quick lesson for you, sir: I know a little more than what you think.

They get blasted by Catholic every time...regular season or playoffs.....lol. 20-0 last season with both Shipleys. If Weddington were 3A that behind would be on the couch tomorrow. See you Friday. :D
I don’t think y’all wanted to see Weddington in playoffs last year. But no one will ever know. See ya Friday

Weddington’s experience and CC’s loss of experience. The score will be a lot different Friday night.

In 7 years CC has lost 2 games to 704 teams not named Mallard Creek but you think loss of experience is gonna play a factor? They graduate kids every year....just keep pounding people.

In 7 years CC has lost 2 games to 704 teams not named Mallard Creek but you think loss of experience is gonna play a factor? They graduate kids every year....just keep pounding people.
They are very consistent and are always we’ll coached. But in the case of Weddington, which can only take kids from one school district, the senior class of 2017 was minimal at best. Are you coming to the game Friday?

That team scrimmaged Fort Mill and get destroyed. Those words I repeated came from the horses mouth. Quick lesson for you, sir: I know a little more than what you think.
I refuse to believe that knowing the connections I have(not them getting blown out, but the 4-5 wins). You’re just the parent of a player so I get where you’re coming from, but that 2017 Weddington team was a good one. Regardless of what someone believed pre-season.

Didn’t need to. We shut you out 20-0 in conference. I think you got it backwards there chief.
Yes you did, in October. We were a better team in December, Kemosabe. Just because a team wins a game doesn’t mean they will win the next

Last edited:
I refuse to believe that knowing the connections I have(not them getting blown out, but the 4-5 wins). You’re just the parent of a player so I get where you’re coming from, but that 2017 Weddington team was a good one. Regardless of what someone believed pre-season.
I’m more than “just a parent”. But that’s ok. It doesn’t matter what you believe, I KNOW what the perception was around here. The fact of the matter is the 2017 was good, it was very inexperienced and a little raw. I think the 2018 team showed just what experience can provide for a team.

They are very consistent and are always we’ll coached. But in the case of Weddington, which can only take kids from one school district, the senior class of 2017 was minimal at best. Are you coming to the game Friday?

I am planning on it but I would say its 50/50 right now. I have seen Weddington play multiple times. Great program but now you have decided to make excuses about performance so I will just say good luck on Friday and I hope I make it.

I am planning on it but I would say its 50/50 right now. I have seen Weddington play multiple times. Great program but now you have decided to make excuses about performance so I will just say good luck on Friday and I hope I make it.
What excuses have I made about this team? I gave reasons about 2017, one being Weddington being inexperienced and CC being best 3A team I’ve ever seen. Don’t let me or what my opinions make decisions for you. It doesn’t matter to me whether you go or not. Take your shots on someone else

What excuses have I made about this team? I gave reasons about 2017, one being Weddington being inexperienced and CC being best 3A team I’ve ever seen. Don’t let me or what my opinions make decisions for you. It doesn’t matter to me whether you go or not. Take your shots on someone else

Sure you did, " only take kids from one district ". Its the usual excuse rather than just saying they were better. I get it, makes you feel better.

Reactions: footsoldier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT