ADVERTISEMENT

Official Catholic @ Weddington Thread

I was sorry to see that transfer. The big guy was slow to get going . It was a stop every time last year. It's the little fast ones like Bevalaccia that do the most damage at that spot (other than Hood of course ). Our D line has always been undersized . that's just the way it is here. I'm really looking forward to a good game there have not been many close ones in this series.

Did you not watch Jimmy Brewer run the ball vs Monroe? Or are you all caught up in the loss of McDowell which happened 3+ weeks ago? Brewer is more than capable of rising to the occasion and making an impact.

Coach, don't get bent, I love the Brewers. Great family and great ball players. I have no doubt Jimmy will be a great back for Catholic. I did not mean to slight him in the least he definitely had some nice runs and even more importantly some great blocks to spring Neel. However he is replacing a 2 time state championship game MVP, those are some big shoes to fill, but I love Catholics attitude of next man up this serves them very well. As I stated My concerns for Catholic this year are no Garcia and no passing game. They are always able to run the ball.

Both teams are always well coached and I realize people move from district to district just to play football or other sports. But I’ve always heard CC has a radius of 25 miles and no one wants to answer my question. But the bottom line is it will be settled on the field.
You'll be more likely that Shakira will physically kick your door down while wearing a red thong, Brogan boots, a peace sign painted on her forehead, with her two Aborigine body guards, she lip synching the little known tune of , " If Ye Want Some, Gitche Some, " than receive an intelligent response to your perfectly legit inquiry.

Reactions: Crr1968
You'll be more likely that Shakira will physically kick your door down while wearing a red thong, Brogan boots, a peace sign painted on her forehead, with her two Aborigine body guards, she lip synching the little known tune of , " If Ye Want Some, Gitche Some, " than receive an intelligent response to your perfectly legit inquiry.
So exactly which back is gonna run all over the cocky folks from KM? They have a couple of good seasons and suddenly are the Green Bay Packers .

Reactions: seadog28
Huge Catholic fan, been one since I moved down here, unfortunately I'm afraid they don't have the horses this year and Weddington finally gets them, 24-0 maybe worse. If you want to get Catholic you better do it this year cuz they are gonna be tough the next few years with what they got recruited (just kidding!!!!) coming in.

Catholic's defense has looked great this year which I am a little surprised about since they lost some great players to graduation, but under Brodowicz's coaching they haven't missed a step. The first team d has given up 7 points in 4 games absolutely outstanding.

The problem appears to be the offense. 2 things I haven't seen people mention: 1. no more Frank Garcia (oline coach), huge loss for Catholic he saw the game on a whole different level than their other offensive coaches. His work with the oline and play calling suggestions (he was not the OC but worked very closely with him on play calls and game plans) were irreplaceable. I really believe this is a huge part of the Catholic offensive struggles. 2. I think since Brodowicz took over 5 years ago the Catholic quarterback play has been greatly underappreciated. Before this year there have been 3 different qbs and they all have been excellent for their system. They might not throw the ball often but when they did they usually hit the open man for big yards. I was a little surprised to hear when watching the state championship game last winter the announcer say the Catholic qp had hit 70% of his passes with over 20tds and 3 interceptions. Didn't really believe it so I looked it up on maxpreps and the announcer was right.Then sure enough he threw a td pass late in the 4th to win the championship for Catholic. They are not getting that production so far this year out of the position which makes them even more one dimensional than usual. Weddington will shut down the run especially now with no Mcdowell force Catholic to throw where they have been struggling (6 interceptions already this year according to maxpreps) and roll to a relatively easy win. Shipley scores at least 3 tds, and gains some revenge for the last two years (13-104!!!!!!!)
First ever post sorry its so long lol

You’re wrong, but welcome aboard.

The whole team, including the cheerleaders are from SC. Wanted you to know first!

So exactly which back is gonna run all over the cocky folks from KM? They have a couple of good seasons and suddenly are the Green

I UNDERSTAND YOU MAY STILL BE UPSET ABOUT GETTING DOMINATED BY THE MOUNTIE WEEK 1. WE JUST ARE PROUD OF OUR BOYS AND COACHES. SAME AS EVERYONE IN THIS TREAD. I UNDERSTAND YOU GUYS THOUGHT YOU HAD A CHANCE AGAINST THE MOUNTIE THIS YEAR BUT WERE SIMPLY OUTMANNED AND OUT COACHED. YOU HAVE A GREAT TEAM WITH BIG WINS AGAINST SP & CREST SO FAR. JUST ENJOY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR AND LEAVE THE MOUNTIE ALONE.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
I UNDERSTAND YOU MAY STILL BE UPSET ABOUT GETTING DOMINATED BY THE MOUNTIE WEEK 1. WE JUST ARE PROUD OF OUR BOYS AND COACHES. SAME AS EVERYONE IN THIS TREAD. I UNDERSTAND YOU GUYS THOUGHT YOU HAD A CHANCE AGAINST THE MOUNTIE THIS YEAR BUT WERE SIMPLY OUTMANNED AND OUT COACHED. YOU HAVE A GREAT TEAM WITH BIG WINS AGAINST SP & CREST SO FAR. JUST ENJOY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR AND LEAVE THE MOUNTIE ALONE.
LOL.....Just having a little fun my man.........you guys really do have a great team and could get that ring..........the power shift of talent in the county is obvious. Best of luck to the Mounties.

Lol....the only thing we do that’s horrible is squeeze the life out of almost everyone we play. Our record and longevity only show no matter who we graduate....it’s make little difference in our performance. We have shown Weddington the door without exception over the last fifteen years wherever the game was played including the last two and the games we love most are with the programs who think they’re charmed for a win over the Red Machine.

Is tomorrow Friday? The Pain Train is coming.

Our defense isn’t pretty good........it’s frightening. Both turnovers last season were forced by big hits or rip outs from Catholic defense. Home field won’t help. We play better on the road than at Keffer.

I’ve seen Weddington film for 2019. That front line ain’t so big. Good luck stopping DE “Big C” Connor Dougherty. He punches through double teams like they’re a wall of matchsticks. We lost our stud FB to Huss and the one who took his place is just as good and runs faster.

Love how you both have us all figured out. Keep believing that.
I’ve seen a common thread among posts regarding Catholic. Most of them have no clue what they’re talking about. Most anti- Catholic posters are salivating, as they see those 2 losses for Catholic with no clue about who those losses were against. Keep underestimating Catholic at your own risk and embarrassment.
Wow! It sounds like CC posters are happy with those 2 losses. That is something I never expected to hear from CC. Anyone who underestimates CC doesn’t know football. Everyone knows they will be hard to beat. However, no one should underestimate Weddington, either. There is a lot of “unknown” talent on that team that will be seen on Friday. I’m sure both coaching staffs know and respect what kind of team their opponent is. And tbh, when people post positive things about Weddington, it has nothing to do about people sleeping on CC. It has everything to do with how good they think Weddington is. Truth of the matter is this game is as big as it gets in NC with 2 state champs colliding. And if anyone thinks that Weddington is going to lay down or isn’t up to the challenge, they are badly mistaken and will leave Warrior Stadium embarrassed and disapponted.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Wow! It sounds like CC posters are happy with those 2 losses. That is something I never expected to hear from CC. Anyone who underestimates CC doesn’t know football. Everyone knows they will be hard to beat. However, no one should underestimate Weddington, either. There is a lot of “unknown” talent on that team that will be seen on Friday. I’m sure both coaching staffs know and respect what kind of team their opponent is. And tbh, when people post positive things about Weddington, it has nothing to do about people sleeping on CC. It has everything to do with how good they think Weddington is. Truth of the matter is this game is as big as it gets in NC with 2 state champs colliding. And if anyone thinks that Weddington is going to lay down or isn’t up to the challenge, they are badly mistaken and will leave Warrior Stadium embarrassed and disapponted.
No one at Catholic is happy with losing. Losing is unacceptable. However, we are not afraid to go out and schedule the best knowing it'll prepare us for conference/playoff. We could've schedule a bunch of weak teams and be 4-0 right now, but playing those teams showed where we needed to improve and in the long run isn't a completely bad thing, but to say people are happy with two losses is far from the truth.

No one at Catholic is happy with losing. Losing is unacceptable. However, we are not afraid to go out and schedule the best knowing it'll prepare us for conference/playoff. We could've schedule a bunch of weak teams and be 4-0 right now, but playing those teams showed where we needed to improve and in the long run isn't a completely bad thing, but to say people are happy with two losses is far from the truth.
CC played 2 great games against great teams. You said it best when you said you wanted to play tougher competition instead of easy victories to get a measurement of where your team is. I respect the heck out of that. But when the other CC fans want to glorify any loss, IMO it’s conduct unbecoming. Anyway, Friday night will be electric and we will be praying for health and safety above all. Go Warriors!

I will agree that Weddington will be 3AA champs but no way that Catholic will beat Kings Mountain

Yes because Kings Mountain is sooo amazing! It only took them 22 years to beat Crest! Now they will conquer all of NC! Ole Tommy Knots ain't got crap on Lloyd!!! Please....Kings mountain is good, no one is denying that, but until they can prove to be more than choke artists, no one thinks they are "King" of anything.

Reactions: footsoldier
Crest you literally have a team that looks like the green bay Packers and a coach that runs 4 plays and an RPO. You guys are going nowhere fast...

I will agree that Weddington will be 3AA champs but no way that Catholic will beat Kings Mountain
Really? What makes you say that? You think Kings Mountain is as good as Good Counsel and Archbishop Rummel?

CC played 2 great games against great teams. You said it best when you said you wanted to play tougher competition instead of easy victories to get a measurement of where your team is. I respect the heck out of that. But when the other CC fans want to glorify any loss, IMO it’s conduct unbecoming. Anyway, Friday night will be electric and we will be praying for health and safety above all. Go Warriors!
In my post I wasn’t glorifying a loss! Far from it. If you read my post again I was stating CC haters are salivating now that Catholic has two losses. I also warned against underestimating them as some are.

JV game: Weddington 31 Catholic 0. Worst Catholic football loss on any level in a long time. Hope it's not a sign if things to come tonight

JV game: Weddington 31 Catholic 0. Worst Catholic football loss on any level in a long time. Hope it's not a sign if things to come tonight
That’s what happens when you come out flat. Can’t just flip a switch in a game

Maybe not a sign of what will happen tonight, but possibly a foreshadowing of what to expect in the next few years. Weddington dominated in all areas. Catholics O-line didn’t know what hit them. Catholic moved the sticks maybe twice.

Maybe not a sign of what will happen tonight, but possibly a foreshadowing of what to expect in the next few years. Weddington dominated in all areas. Catholics O-line didn’t know what hit them. Catholic moved the sticks maybe twice.
No it isn't a foreshadowing of years to come. The freshman class and rising 8th grade class are possibly the two most talented classes to come through Catholic. Just growing pains with tons of freshmen playing.

And if Catholic falls like that in the future, every Catholic hater on this board will love it, won't they?

Catholic won’t ever fall like that, unless they go back to 4A
Catholic dominated 4A...so what do you mean?
2013: 13-2, regional final
2014: 14-2, state runner up
2015: 15-0 4A state champs
2016: 13-2, regional final (should've won that game and won the title)
So think we'd do just fine in 4A.

Reactions: Old 48er
No it isn't a foreshadowing of years to come. The freshman class and rising 8th grade class are possibly the two most talented classes to come through Catholic. Just growing pains with tons of freshmen playing.
Interesting. So the sophomore class is lacking talent then or did they all get moved up to varsity?

Catholic dominated 4A...so what do you mean?
2013: 13-2, regional final
2014: 14-2, state runner up
2015: 15-0 4A state champs
2016: 13-2, regional final (should've won that game and won the title)
So think we'd do just fine in 4A.
One ship doesn’t constitute domination my friend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT