ADVERTISEMENT

Official Catholic @ Weddington Thread

It’s the truth isn’t it? You call it an excuse, I call it a FACT

Here are the facts.

They are a conf member
They are part of the NCHSAA

The rest is just school girl whining. The Catholic deal has been back and forth on these pages for years. Line up and play. If you win you were better. If you lose you weren't.

Here are the facts.

They are a conf member
They are part of the NCHSAA

The rest is just school girl whining. The Catholic deal has been back and forth on these pages for years. Line up and play. If you win you were better. If you lose you weren't.
Call it what you want and you are right about lining up and playing. But, can you tell me how many high schools are within the “25 mile radius” from which CC can accept students from? No one seems to want to answer that question.

Call it what you want and you are right about lining up and playing. But, can you tell me how many high schools are within the “25 mile radius” from which CC can accept students from? No one seems to want to answer that question.

Lol, you cant say your right about lining up and playing and then in the next sentence ask about 25 mile radius.

I have never been the least bit concerned about the Catholic process. I have seen the product on the field for years. Very few elite athletes, just well coached hard playing kids. Alot like Weddington for that matter.

Just a little FYI....there are no boundaries anymore. Look around, kids and their parents move to where they want to play. There are schools with 20-30% of their rosters made up of kids who move for the sole purpose of playing football in th as t school.

What excuses have I made about this team? I gave reasons about 2017, one being Weddington being inexperienced and CC being best 3A team I’ve ever seen. Don’t let me or what my opinions make decisions for you. It doesn’t matter to me whether you go or not. Take your shots on someone else
2018 Catholic was a little better IMHO. You guys think you have us all figured out. I promise you have no idea what’s rolling in Friday night and I mean none. Bring your snot rag, you’ll be crying in the first quarter.

Lol, you cant say your right about lining up and playing and then in the next sentence ask about 25 mile radius.

I have never been the least bit concerned about the Catholic process. I have seen the product on the field for years. Very few elite athletes, just well coached hard playing kids. Alot like Weddington for that matter.

Just a little FYI....there are no boundaries anymore. Look around, kids and their parents move to where they want to play. There are schools with 20-30% of their rosters made up of kids who move for the sole purpose of playing football in th as t school.
Both teams are always well coached and I realize people move from district to district just to play football or other sports. But I’ve always heard CC has a radius of 25 miles and no one wants to answer my question. But the bottom line is it will be settled on the field.

2018 Catholic was a little better IMHO. You guys think you have us all figured out. I promise you have no idea what’s rolling in Friday night and I mean none. Bring your snot rag, you’ll be crying in the first quarter.
And there you go again, thinking you know Weddington. I know how good CC is. There’s a good possibility you’ll be the one needing a snot rag, ole buddy, ole pal!

IMO 2017 team was more dominant

I thought so as well. Especially on the defensive side.

Both teams are always well coached and I realize people move from district to district just to play football or other sports. But I’ve always heard CC has a radius of 25 miles and no one wants to answer my question. But the bottom line is it will be settled on the field.
The reason that no one wants to answer your question is because everyone is sick and tired of discussing it. You can look down into older threads and find excellent explanations on Catholic, how their athletics operate and the boundaries that are in place that most arent even aware of. It's a conversation that is held every single year. It's tiring. It used to get me all riled up, now it just produces eye rolls.

Reactions: footsoldier
Catholic does have one player who isn't really talked about much, but who will be on defense. Conner Dougherty, DE, he totally manhandled the 5 star LT of Good Counsel and dominated him all night. Was all over the backfield vs Rummel and took Monroe's LT and basically bench pressed him into the backfield all night. He will be a force, just a JR too.
Dougherty's stats from Monroe: 11 tackles, 3 sacks, 4 TFL. Going to be interesting to see how Weddington decides to handle him. Whether they double team him or feel their LT can take him one on one. No one has been able to thus far.

The reason that no one wants to answer your question is because everyone is sick and tired of discussing it. You can look down into older threads and find excellent explanations on Catholic, how their athletics operate and the boundaries that are in place that most arent even aware of. It's a conversation that is held every single year. It's tiring. It used to get me all riled up, now it just produces eye rolls.
Just tell us how many schools are within the “25 mile radius” of CC. Simple question.

Gotta go with the Pope's boys on this one, defense will be too much for Weddington offense. 20-6

RR I know who ain't beating Weddington lol
Not claiming we will or would, just picking this game as I see it, I like Weddington overall they are good and win the right way. I live 5 miles from the school, I just think CC wins this one.

I'll go with CC as well. To be the man, you have to beat the man. Right now that man is CC.

The last three private schools Charlotte Catholic is 0 and 3 against. Let me spell that out for you. When teams are private and recruit players they have the same luxury Charlotte Catholic has Catholic doesn't win..

Did you guys really lose to Vance 35-0 and only beat Rocky river 7-3??Why dont you let us chat about real football teams and you run along to some other thread where you can feel welcome.

Reactions: seadog28
Did you guys really lose to Vance 35-0 and only beat Rocky river 7-3??Why dont you let us chat about real football teams and you run along to some other thread where you can feel welcome.
He is a troll. Just ignore him. It’ll get him more mad than CC rolling them like freshly laid asphalt at their place last year.

The last three private schools Charlotte Catholic is 0 and 3 against. Let me spell that out for you. When teams are private and recruit players they have the same luxury Charlotte Catholic has Catholic doesn't win..
Quit whining. It’s embarrassing you.

Weddington needs to be able to hit short passes and get the ball to Shipley out in space. Do not think they can beat Catholic by strictly running the ball.

I plan to be at this one. Look forward to a great slugfest and two excellent student sections making for a great enviroment.

Reactions: onioncfb
I will say that the 2017 was the best team that I have ever seen. They had an incredible defense and an explosive offense that could score at will running or passing the ball. The 2018 CCHS team was also one of the best teams I have seen but not as good as the year before. Their defense was insane and offense would be inconsistent at times but still a juggernaut. That is the big difference I see this year is in the offense. Yes, they have a dominant defense that will always give them a chance to win any game but this years offense is not the same as years past. The run game for the cougars is inconsistent and the pass game is horrible. To beat good teams you need to be able to pass and that’s what catholic did so well in 17’ and 18’ to compliment the run game but I do not think this teams pass game is good enough to win the big games. I thought the pass game would be very good with #87 returning but it still is struggling very much

Reactions: Crr1968
They get blasted by Catholic every time...regular season or playoffs.....lol. 20-0 last season with both Shipleys. If Weddington were 3A that behind would be on the couch tomorrow. See you Friday. :D
Blasted ? Not hardly . That game was dominated by defense. Mainly the 2 sr DE’s for Catholic. Neither offense did anything. When you turn the ball over inside the 10 twice you lose. I look for another tough game the W defense is pretty good again.

Reactions: Crr1968
I will say that the 2017 was the best team that I have ever seen. They had an incredible defense and an explosive offense that could score at will running or passing the ball. The 2018 CCHS team was also one of the best teams I have seen but not as good as the year before. Their defense was insane and offense would be inconsistent at times but still a juggernaut. That is the big difference I see this year is in the offense. Yes, they have a dominant defense that will always give them a chance to win any game but this years offense is not the same as years past. The run game for the cougars is inconsistent and the pass game is horrible. To beat good teams you need to be able to pass and that’s what catholic did so well in 17’ and 18’ to compliment the run game but I do not think this teams pass game is good enough to win the big games. I thought the pass game would be very good with #87 returning but it still is struggling very much
Lol....the only thing we do that’s horrible is squeeze the life out of almost everyone we play. Our record and longevity only show no matter who we graduate....it’s make little difference in our performance. We have shown Weddington the door without exception over the last fifteen years wherever the game was played including the last two and the games we love most are with the programs who think they’re charmed for a win over the Red Machine.

Is tomorrow Friday? The Pain Train is coming.

Blasted ? Not hardly . That game was dominated by defense. Mainly the 2 sr DE’s for Catholic. Neither offense did anything. When you turn the ball over inside the 10 twice you lose. I look for another tough game the W defense is pretty good again.

Our defense isn’t pretty good........it’s frightening. Both turnovers last season were forced by big hits or rip outs from Catholic defense. Home field won’t help. We play better on the road than at Keffer.

I’ve seen Weddington film for 2019. That front line ain’t so big. Good luck stopping DE “Big C” Connor Dougherty. He punches through double teams like they’re a wall of matchsticks. We lost our stud FB to Huss and the one who took his place is just as good and runs faster.

Love how you both have us all figured out. Keep believing that.

One thing that does jump out on film is the ability of Weddington to use their lack of size on the DL to get leverage and into the backfield. One thing that will be a key(probably already stated on this thread) is that CC's OL will need to win that battle upfront and open up the running lanes.
If Catholic can do that it'll go a long way towards getting the win, one thing for sure is that both staff's will have their players ready to go.
Think someone at CC(a student) has dubbed this game "The Champions Cup," very excited for this. Think it was stated, this game is football played at the highest level.

One thing that does jump out on film is the ability of Weddington to use their lack of size on the DL to get leverage and into the backfield. One thing that will be a key(probably already stated on this thread) is that CC's OL will need to win that battle upfront and open up the running lanes.
If Catholic can do that it'll go a long way towards getting the win, one thing for sure is that both staff's will have their players ready to go.
Think someone at CC(a student) has dubbed this game "The Champions Cup," very excited for this. Think it was stated, this game is football played at the highest level.

Agreed. Both of these teams maximize their abilities and talents to the full extent and this should be a real battle.

I think both teams will struggle mightily to move the ball with any consistency. I see this coming down to 3 factors: turnovers, penalties and special teams. Weddington easily wins special teams with Williams at PK. He makes 50 yarders look routine. He also puts every kickoff through the end zone and can really punt well too. Catholic has a clear advantage with turnovers and penalties though. Weddington turns the ball over way too much. It hasn’t cost them yet this year but it will on Friday if they continue their pattern. Additionally, Weddington has had a lot of penalties this year and if that happens on Friday, big advantage for Catholic.

I see this a 7-3, 14-6 victory for Catholic. They’ll score off of Weddington turnovers.

Should be a great game between 2 great, well coached teams.

Huge Catholic fan, been one since I moved down here, unfortunately I'm afraid they don't have the horses this year and Weddington finally gets them, 24-0 maybe worse. If you want to get Catholic you better do it this year cuz they are gonna be tough the next few years with what they got recruited (just kidding!!!!) coming in.

Catholic's defense has looked great this year which I am a little surprised about since they lost some great players to graduation, but under Brodowicz's coaching they haven't missed a step. The first team d has given up 7 points in 4 games absolutely outstanding.

The problem appears to be the offense. 2 things I haven't seen people mention: 1. no more Frank Garcia (oline coach), huge loss for Catholic he saw the game on a whole different level than their other offensive coaches. His work with the oline and play calling suggestions (he was not the OC but worked very closely with him on play calls and game plans) were irreplaceable. I really believe this is a huge part of the Catholic offensive struggles. 2. I think since Brodowicz took over 5 years ago the Catholic quarterback play has been greatly underappreciated. Before this year there have been 3 different qbs and they all have been excellent for their system. They might not throw the ball often but when they did they usually hit the open man for big yards. I was a little surprised to hear when watching the state championship game last winter the announcer say the Catholic qp had hit 70% of his passes with over 20tds and 3 interceptions. Didn't really believe it so I looked it up on maxpreps and the announcer was right.Then sure enough he threw a td pass late in the 4th to win the championship for Catholic. They are not getting that production so far this year out of the position which makes them even more one dimensional than usual. Weddington will shut down the run especially now with no Mcdowell force Catholic to throw where they have been struggling (6 interceptions already this year according to maxpreps) and roll to a relatively easy win. Shipley scores at least 3 tds, and gains some revenge for the last two years (13-104!!!!!!!)
First ever post sorry its so long lol

Huge Catholic fan, been one since I moved down here, unfortunately I'm afraid they don't have the horses this year and Weddington finally gets them, 24-0 maybe worse. If you want to get Catholic you better do it this year cuz they are gonna be tough the next few years with what they got recruited (just kidding!!!!) coming in.

Catholic's defense has looked great this year which I am a little surprised about since they lost some great players to graduation, but under Brodowicz's coaching they haven't missed a step. The first team d has given up 7 points in 4 games absolutely outstanding.

The problem appears to be the offense. 2 things I haven't seen people mention: 1. no more Frank Garcia (oline coach), huge loss for Catholic he saw the game on a whole different level than their other offensive coaches. His work with the oline and play calling suggestions (he was not the OC but worked very closely with him on play calls and game plans) were irreplaceable. I really believe this is a huge part of the Catholic offensive struggles. 2. I think since Brodowicz took over 5 years ago the Catholic quarterback play has been greatly underappreciated. Before this year there have been 3 different qbs and they all have been excellent for their system. They might not throw the ball often but when they did they usually hit the open man for big yards. I was a little surprised to hear when watching the state championship game last winter the announcer say the Catholic qp had hit 70% of his passes with over 20tds and 3 interceptions. Didn't really believe it so I looked it up on maxpreps and the announcer was right.Then sure enough he threw a td pass late in the 4th to win the championship for Catholic. They are not getting that production so far this year out of the position which makes them even more one dimensional than usual. Weddington will shut down the run especially now with no Mcdowell force Catholic to throw where they have been struggling (6 interceptions already this year according to maxpreps) and roll to a relatively easy win. Shipley scores at least 3 tds, and gains some revenge for the last two years (13-104!!!!!!!)
First ever post sorry its so long lol
Did you not watch Jimmy Brewer run the ball vs Monroe? Or are you all caught up in the loss of McDowell which happened 3+ weeks ago? Brewer is more than capable of rising to the occasion and making an impact.

Reactions: footsoldier
Weddington 19-14. Catholic lost one of their recruits to a better coach at Huss. It will cost them.
Wham go back to talking about subjects you might know something about. It’s definitely not football.

Did you not watch Jimmy Brewer run the ball vs Monroe? Or are you all caught up in the loss of McDowell which happened 3+ weeks ago? Brewer is more than capable of rising to the occasion and making an impact.
I’ve seen a common thread among posts regarding Catholic. Most of them have no clue what they’re talking about. Most anti- Catholic posters are salivating, as they see those 2 losses for Catholic with no clue about who those losses were against. Keep underestimating Catholic at your own risk and embarrassment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT