ADVERTISEMENT

***Off Topic Sports Thread***

WickedStix9

Nov 16, 2018
I know this has nothing to do with High School Sports but I thought I’d post and ask anyway since football season is over. Do any of you collect sports cards as a hobby?

Looking to find fellow collectors. I’ve got tons of cards.
Started around Boggs, Mattingly rookie years. Branched out a lot since from 50s through Derek Jeter rookie. Leave all those newfangled cards to baby boy to figure out.

Started around Boggs, Mattingly rookie years. Branched out a lot since from 50s through Derek Jeter rookie. Leave all those newfangled cards to baby boy to figure out.
Yeah I’ve got a lot of the wax era cards but I have some new stuff as well.

Reactions: thekidd12
Yeah I’ve got a lot of the wax era cards but I have some new stuff as well.
He knows all the variants of new stuff. I stick to mostly 85 and earlier but have been known to flip some newer to get older. Just did first PSA grades awhile back. Two Mattingly rookies, Boggs rookie, couple of Griffey Jr rookies and even a Jeff Gordon rookie. Got a few 9s and several 8s. No 10s though

He knows all the variants of new stuff. I stick to mostly 85 and earlier but have been known to flip some newer to get older. Just did first PSA grades awhile back. Two Mattingly rookies, Boggs rookie, couple of Griffey Jr rookies and even a Jeff Gordon rookie. Got a few 9s and several 8s. No 10s though
You wanna sell the Griffey Jrs lol

• Haha
I PC Griffey Jr. Have a lot of his cards
Yes sir. Pretty swing. Effort always impressed me in field. Got quite a few myself. Ton of Rated Rookies. 90s don’t have a clue. Hundreds probably. Got so many cards wife just gave up 🤷‍♂️

I dont collect any new cards but I have a ton of old football and basketball cards.... Terry Bradshaw... Walter Payton's... Tons of Michael Jordan cards.... Even from when he played baseball.... Kareem Abdul jabar... Pistol Pete's... ETC... Haven't looked at them in forever. Give me something to do this offseason lol

I dont collect any new cards but I have a ton of old football and basketball cards.... Terry Bradshaw... Walter Payton's... Tons of Michael Jordan cards.... Even from when he played baseball.... Kareem Abdul jabar... Pistol Pete's... ETC... Haven't looked at them in forever. Give me something to do this offseason lol
I’ve got to sort through mine this winter as well.

As mentioned above, if you ever decide to let loose of some…😀
One of the cards I sent to be graded was an LT all star from 86 I think. It got a 9.
And I was a freshman with MJ so you should really consider leaving any of his early Fleers to me…
Just saying 😜

I’ve got to sort through mine this winter as well.
Y’all do that. All joking aside if you want to know values, if that even matters, do a search on eBay. Make sure you look at what has been sold though, not what people are asking for them.

As mentioned above, if you ever decide to let loose of some…😀
One of the cards I sent to be graded was an LT all star from 86 I think. It got a 9.
And I was a freshman with MJ so you should really consider leaving any of his early Fleers to me…
Just saying 😜
Leaving them to you? Im not planning on croaking anytime soon lol

I use to collect from way back real early 80’s baseball and some NFL football cards. With the likes of Bob Horner, Willie Stargell, Reggie Jackson, George Foster, Dave Conception, Ken Griffey, Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, and many others. Have football cards of Steve Bartkowski, Ron Jaworski, and many others. I have no idea what they worth. I never checked about what they are worth.

I’ve got a Dale Sr coke bottle around here somewhere
My favorite bottle is my Mt Dew with tobacco leaf made special for the Southern Flue Cured Tobacco Convention. Think it’s 1979. Got some fairly decent old Coke bottles too from December 1923.
Did I mention I’m old?

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I use to collect from way back real early 80’s baseball and some NFL football cards. With the likes of Bob Horner, Willie Stargell, Reggie Jackson, George Foster, Dave Conception, Ken Griffey, Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, and many others. Have football cards of Steve Bartkowski, Ron Jaworski, and many others. I have no idea what they worth. I never checked about what they are worth.
And that’s the way it should be I think. You collect what you like.
Only reason I know values is sooo many duplicates. Would just as soon trade with folks but that’s not easy to do nowadays.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
My favorite bottle is my Mt Dew with tobacco leaf made special for the Southern Flue Cured Tobacco Convention. Think it’s 1979. Got some fairly decent old Coke bottles too from December 1923.
Did I mention I’m old?
oldtimer sounds like u should be leaving me cards not vice versa lol

• Haha
Yeah it’s hard to trade anymore. Luckily I have a couple buddies that are into it as well. Some trading and talking between each other in our Facebook group

So I went into antique store and found a 1966 Rookie All Star card with Ferguson Jenkins from Phillies for $45 dollars. Any thoughts for that price. Would it be worth getting it.

Only card I’m seeing is a Fergie Jenkins/Bill Sorrell Rookie Stars Card. It’s the only thing that shows up for Fergies Rookie card. There is, however, a 2001 Topps Archives Rookie Reprint. If that’s the case, nowhere close to 45$
See that’s why we should all talk about cards, especially when it comes to some we may not be familiar with.
Well done sir.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT