ADVERTISEMENT

Now let's do this... SHELBY (8-0, 5-0 SMAC) @ BURNS (7-0, 4-0 SMAC)

Looks like the conference championship is on the line this week. Who would have said that after last season? Not one person would have said that. See ya Friday night guys.

The bromance for Beem has finally ended. Devine has been sent from above for the resurrection. You get it. Hahahaha.

Last edited:
Big game Friday night.
Listen on 1390 AM - Shelby, NC
101.5 FM - Cleveland and Gaston County
www.ktcbroadcasting.com - Internet live video

This has been a series of streaks:
Shelby has won last 2 - 2014-2015
Burns won 4 straight from 2010-2013
Shelby won 6 straight from 2004-2009
Burns won 3 straight from 2001-2003
Shelby won 6 straight from 1995-2000

I hope a new streak starts where we cause Shelby fans to have a streak in their pants from Burns shocking the world. They are a good team. Hope we can keep it close.

Serious question here. Where would one find this information to see the numbers over the last few years?

AD's usually keep a record of NLI's if the kid signs at the school. Wonder if the reference was for football or all sports. But if a kid walks on or decides a year later to go to a junior college and try and play, no one at the high school may know.

AD's usually keep a record of NLI's if the kid signs at the school. Wonder if the reference was for football or all sports. But if a kid walks on or decides a year later to go to a junior college and try and play, no one at the high school may know.

I was referring to the number of scholar athletes a school has, not necessarily when when a kid goes on to sign an NLI to play in college.

Battle of unbeatens ! It should be a nice night in lawndale. Channel 3 , 9 , ktc and espn - will be here. Hitman cmon on up and get the best hotdog 2 bucks will buy . Lets hope for a clean injury free game ....no Burris for us but that will be no excuse as shelby has injuries as well. Go Dogs !

I honestly just don't think Burns can win this game, I just think Shelby is on a completely different level... But if the perfect storm were to happen, and Burns did pull the upset, it would have to look something like this...

All the injuries Burns has/had (Hill, Burris, etc) MUST play and play well... The Burns O-Line must play very well, give Hill space to run, Burns has to win the time of possession battle to have a shot. Burns cannot have penalties, period.. Burns must find a way to get a passing game going because it was non-existent at East Rutherford.. Burns kickoff coverage must contain and play well, cannot give up any big returns.. Burns must find a way to slow down Shelby's explosive WRs, not sure how they can do that, but they have to to have any shot.. BJ Hopper has to play out of his mind and be used on both defense and offense...

On the flip side, Shelby would have to help by doing exactly what Burns can't do.. If Shelby plays sloppy and has a lot of penalties, obviously helps Burns' chances.. Turnovers obviously would give Burns a better chance.. Shelby can't come into the came thinking they already have it won...

Honestly when all is said and done, I think Burns plays well, and I think they can probably keep it close for maybe a half.. But as long as Shelby isn't overlooking Burns, Shelby wins...

35-13

I honestly just don't think Burns can win this game, I just think Shelby is on a completely different level... But if the perfect storm were to happen, and Burns did pull the upset, it would have to look something like this...

All the injuries Burns has/had (Hill, Burris, etc) MUST play and play well... The Burns O-Line must play very well, give Hill space to run, Burns has to win the time of possession battle to have a shot. Burns cannot have penalties, period.. Burns must find a way to get a passing game going because it was non-existent at East Rutherford.. Burns kickoff coverage must contain and play well, cannot give up any big returns.. Burns must find a way to slow down Shelby's explosive WRs, not sure how they can do that, but they have to to have any shot.. BJ Hopper has to play out of his mind and be used on both defense and offense...

On the flip side, Shelby would have to help by doing exactly what Burns can't do.. If Shelby plays sloppy and has a lot of penalties, obviously helps Burns' chances.. Turnovers obviously would give Burns a better chance.. Shelby can't come into the came thinking they already have it won...

Honestly when all is said and done, I think Burns plays well, and I think they can probably keep it close for maybe a half.. But as long as Shelby isn't overlooking Burns, Shelby wins...

35-13
That is a good breakdown man. I really cant disagree with anything you said except i hope the score is different.. Lets just hope neither team has serious injuries because the playoffs are just right around the corner.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
uphill battle for sure. Impossible? No, just gonna hafta play our best game and get some bounces. Here's to an injury free game.

Penalties penalties

With that said Burns is GOOD this year

It's been a strange game Shelby leads 29-7 in the third but the game is much closer than that! Burns has moved it pretty dang good so far

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Lol these referees are something

We throw an INT in the end zone the burns kid runs it out of the end zone and the referee blows whistle gives them ball on 20! Must have thought it was a punt lol

Game of flags

Shelby still up 29-7. Very good second half defense by both teams 3:20 to go

Burns is miles ahead of where they were ! Very good defense tonight ! Got a lot of pressure on our qb tonight but he played well !

Best of luck to the Bulldogs rest of season they will make some noise in the playoffs

Congrats to the Lions on another win keep it going

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Burns is better than the score indicates. Shelby D gave up way too many yards. No pressure up front. Got to give credit to Burns o line, also thought Barbee was very good for Burns tonight. For the love of Pete keep #7 at RB for more than just a few plays. Officials were horrible!

Thanks for the props guys. I thought we played well and fought until the end. Our offense drove a lot better than I thought they would. Refs were God awful all night. They didn't decide the game though. Although I wish they wouldn't have missed the punt where you guys touched it and we recovered at about the 15 yard line. We had it 21-7 with the ball in the second half and couldn't make it happen. No one will stop your offense but I think a good passing team could give you guys fits. Good luck the rest of the way.

Reactions: Thebearofjer
Good luck lions the rest of the way. Good game all around w some hard hits from both teams. QBs on both teams made some pretty throws. BBB summed up my thoughts exactly. I hate the refs missed a good game, they were about useless for both sides.

Congrats on the win Shelby. This game was way closer than the score but at the end of the day shelby put the ball in the endzone and we didnt . Our receivers had way too many drops a couple for touchdowns. Shelby had a td drop as well but that was about it . The early td called back hurt but Shelby is just a great team - unusual size, speed and very physical . Best of luck the rest of the way .

Burns is better than the score indicates. Shelby D gave up way too many yards. No pressure up front. Got to give credit to Burns o line, also thought Barbee was very good for Burns tonight. For the love of Pete keep #7 at RB for more than just a few plays. Officials were horrible!
Yes they were..... Very bad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT