ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern 3A/4A

I wouldn't count South out. Sure, bout the only Charlotte teams they could beat is Garinger, Harding, an maybe West Charlotte. Couldn't beat anyone that's even just somewhat competitive out of Winston Salem. But they got enough in the tank to were u can't sleep on em' dispite what's on paper an who beat who etc

Some would say South and other schools coach to their strengths. But
in a lot of cases, 'their strength' is really what the coach knows. For instance,
several years ago South had a QB that had one of the strongest arms in
the unifour, but was never really used as a passer. South will never be competitive
outside the local area until Carter changes things, or South changes things.

in a lot of cases, 'their strength' is really what the coach knows. For instance,
the unifour, but was never really used as a passer. South will never be competitive

My opinion is outside of having a Pollard a Brickenstein or a Shatley some teams are never going to have the skill players to make a deep run regardless of what they run.
South was not competitive in this area before Carter

True. South has always had kids who could sling the ball. Coaching doesn't like passing at SC. South's biggest issue is lack of speed outside of a few kids. Mainly defensively. Most coaches can't embrace change.

My opinion is outside of having a Pollard a Brickenstein or a Shatley some teams are never going to have the skill players to make a deep run regardless of what they run.
I get that South wasn't competitive before Carter. I also agree that
South has done well (locally) with Carter as HC. My point is that
he will not adjust to the talent that comes through there and by design
builds the exact same team every year - regardless of skill at receiver
and QB positions. Obviously they are satisfied with 10 and out so why
I am worrying about it. Lol

Breitenstein. And Watauga has been plenty competitive after his graduation. Just sayin'

Breitenstein. And Watauga has been plenty competitive after his graduation. Just sayin'
What Beamer is saying is outside of some beast athlete every now and then those schools have had no success outside this area competing such as the playoffs. And that would be a true statement. Outside of 2006 and 2007 Watauga may not have any playoff wins in the last fifteen years or more. Definitely applies to South Caldwell.

AC coach may be interested in the SC job.[/QUOTE]

The question is would SC be interested in him?

Carter will be at AC next year.

I think they need to do coaches like they do principals.... move them around
every few years! :eek:

word on the skreet is that Butch might be taking his style to another school next year.[/QUOTE
I have heard this as well. I just hope they don't replace him with a clone!
Bring someone in that don't know anything about South Caldwell....
kinda like West Caldwell did.

I have heard this as well. I just hope they don't replace him with a clone!
Bring someone in that don't know anything about South Caldwell....
kinda like West Caldwell did.

I bet AC wishes they still had harper and I bet harper wishes he hadn't left AC niether has done well since he left. He fit that school well.

Lol so AC and SC just switch out coaches? I can't imagine AC having much success as a run only offense.

I bet AC wishes they still had harper and I bet harper wishes he hadn't left AC niether has done well since he left. He fit that school well.
That would be a certain bet. Harper was loved and he loved AC. Never met anyone that didn't like Harper. Newton-Conover past talent made AC Coach Bazzle shine even with little work on defense. It was a time when Newton had damn nasty physical kids. Bazzle is not a coach who likes any change. Georgia Southern option offense and 5 or less passes per game.

Reactions: marsgreen
Lol so AC and SC just switch out coaches? I can't imagine AC having much success as a run only offense.
That's all they do now. Scoring was not a problem. Defending was a big, big problem. AC has had their lowest number of players in the program the last couple years. Harper had over 100, up to 110 showing up on day one.

Reactions: marsgreen
Its pretty reliable that Butch will not be at SC next year......Will he end up at AC? I don't know, I have heard that AC will also be in search of a coach......In fact, it would not surprise me if Both SC and West are hiring new coaches....

Watauga @ SC, who ya got? Simmons has SC by 1, which I'm gonna assume is the home field advantage on senior night. Probably the most evenly matched game all season, on paper that is, in the NW 3A/4A.

Watauga @ SC, who ya got? Simmons has SC by 1, which I'm gonna assume is the home field advantage on senior night. Probably the most evenly matched game all season, on paper that is, in the NW 3A/4A.
Watauga. Definitely more athletes on their side.

Sounds like some good games in the area. South an Watauga will be a great one an can very well come down to the wire if Watauga D don't come through with SC eat clock strategy. Warmer temps an battle for 2nd expect a crowd. South will play much better an harder tonight after a crazy St Stephens loss an big momentum from high scoring against Foard. Everybody has an off game every once in a while. Souths was 2 weeks ago, maybe Wataugas tonight. Not sure what kinda South team will show up.

If this one is not interesting enough for ya, come on down to ICard an see if the Cavs can pull one off against a somewhat tough Kings Mtn. Not part of NW4a I know but still a good area game.

Crest an Shelby??? If not there by 645, forget it. Always tough parking an finding decent seats plus long bathroom lines. Tonight is just a good night for football.

Any chance of coach Beam coming to South?? I don't wanna start a rumor cause that would be a big one none the less but there is a rumor that he will not be a N-C next year.

South would be a good fit for him IMO. Just saying.

SC dominated this game. The loss to Saint may have gotten their attention they way they have played the last two weeks.

I called it ya'll. Don't sleep on South. Prob one an done in playoffs like usual but if D can step up, they can make 2nd round possibly. Oline can take care of business but D really needs to step up.

6 teams from this conference made the playoffs. Personally not a fan
of teams with .500 or less making it from any conference. I do wish
the conference well and would like to see 3 or 4 advance to second
round.

6 teams from this conference made the playoffs. Personally not a fan
of teams with .500 or less making it from any conference. I do wish
the conference well and would like to see 3 or 4 advance to second
round.
Should be an interesting run for the NW 3A/4A. Watauga is very, VERY fortunate to be an 8 seed.

Even though HP Central has a losing record I'd imagine they have a rough schedule an can very well come to sawmills an bust Carters boys in the face.

Nobody commented on my last post bout who the next coach may be. Anybody know anything?

I agree. With this bracket and talent we have, this could/should be the year.
Will be very disappointed if not in the ship.

They are their biggest obstacle with the path they have in front of them. I truly believe, as in business, it's not what the competition does as much as what you fail to do to help your cause. If Freedom plays team ball and their OC can call a consistent game, each contest should be in Freedom's capable hands to win.

Reactions: patsfball
Even though HP Central has a losing record I'd imagine they have a rough schedule an can very well come to sawmills an bust Carters boys in the face.

Nobody commented on my last post bout who the next coach may be. Anybody know anything?
I truly haven't heard anything on a replacement - just all the talk of Carter leaving

In 2017 Hickory will move down to 2A with the HCAM school not being allowed to play sports at Hickory. I would say it's almost certain they will join the SD7 with Fred T Foard, Newton-Conover, Bandys, Bunker Hill, Maiden, and two others from the area. We should see them become much more competitive given they will be at actual ADM numbers. I would assume Hibriten could be in the conversation for moving into the conference being they need to be playing at their actual student count.

It will be a great conference but very weak for football. A lot of records will get better but it doesn't change the fact the talent for football has deminished due to participation. It was discussed not having the Discovery School being allowed to play sports at Newton in the coming realignment but the 20-30-30-20 plan may have changed that proposal. Not that Newton ever had but a couple kids play any sports from the campus. I personally will miss the current conference. East Lincoln, Lincolnton, and West Lincoln made the SD7 one of the two top 2A conferences in the state.

Paws84 - One more time buddy.... Patton and Freedom. In case you forget,
you will stand on the home sideline tonight. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT