ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern 3A/4A

True Jimmy was a good soph. RB...had over 1200 yards rushing. Then...stopped playing football lol. Slowly but surely they have diminished. Now...maybe 1 kid plays both but doesn't even really play during baseball season. Just on the team. Its odd. You would think colleges like athletes who play multiple things. But when your AD is the baseball coach, football people can't say anything. The baseball people get defensive real quick. Its just a baseball school. Now with the money the baseball team gets its comical how they are put up high. Guess if the football team gets some parent throwing cash then more of those baseball kids may risk playing.

I guess Messer had big league big money on the mind an he wasn't about to let a defensive end or some linebacker take his legs out on a play an ruin all that.

He was fun to watch an helped South a lot til he quit an stuck to the diamond

I think the KM game will be tough but I'll take Freedom. I go with Hibriten in the second win. Hope South pulls it out but AL Brown has played in a tougher conference top to bottom.

I'm with you.... Freedom wins a close one, Hibriten pulls it out,
and South is toast.

Last edited:
I'll give South game 28-7 loss. South will eat enough clock to keep AL Brown to 28 pts or less ha ha

Who ever would have thought... 3rd round for South and Hibriten. Way to go
Caldwell County and Northwestern conference! What a crazy season.

Somebody must have shot some playoff juice into Caldwell County....
2 teams still playing in the 3rd round! Hope both teams keep it up
this Friday.

Hibriten and South are both pretty big underdogs maybe 1 or both can pull the upset who knows.

South has greater upset odds than Hibriten. Any underdog team that upsets AL Brown has to have the Dudley coaches sweatin' bullets.

With KM dogging East Burke an shutting down a top dog running back at Freedom, it ain't looking too good for the Cedar Rock rowdies. Hope I'm wrong.

South has greater upset odds than Hibriten. Any underdog team that upsets AL Brown has to have the Dudley coaches sweatin' bullets.

With KM dogging East Burke an shutting down a top dog running back at Freedom, it ain't looking too good for the Cedar Rock rowdies. Hope I'm wrong.

Dudley didn't sweat bullets when Charlotte Catholic came in a couple of years ago with Hood leading them. I doubt they are worried about South Caldwell. They will be prepared.

Dude, you need to lay off the SC kool-aid. Ya that have been great thus far, but Dudley is a completely different kind of team.

I'll lay off the kool aid an all but that Dudley team that took on Charlotte Catholic was 2 years ago. I don't favor South to win if that's what ur thinking but then again I wasn't favoring KM to beat Freedom, definetly wasn't thinking South would even stay within 21 pts of AL Brown an they won which was even better an I wasn't picturing Hibriten or EB to make it as deep. Nobody gave EB anything when they went first game of the playoffs. I know I didn't.( Old NW4a school so I thought Honorable mention for them)It's been a pretty funny playoff/reg season this year.

At the beginning didn't someone pick St Stephens to finish last in conf play? Not saying u did but someone did. All good guys all good. That's why we play the game

All good things must come to an end. Good year for NW 3/4 next will be the last year with current teams.

I know South is losing a lot and Freedom is losing all time leading rusher BJ.

Hibriten returns 10 starters on D and 8 on offense.

Next year i predict Hibriten running the tables with South an Watauga possibly battling hard for 2nd. Good JV team for Hibriten coming up along with returners. Makes for a good season already. South with a decent JV year but not quiet as good as past few JV teams so a few guys ought to fill some holes an have ok year with a one n done in playoffs. Also will depend on who is coaching as well. Hibriten conf champs an 3rd or 4th round. Hadn't got much info on Watauga an Saint. If Saint returns a lot they might sneak up on everybody for 2nd place

Reactions: marsgreen
Next year i predict Hibriten running the tables with South an Watauga possibly battling hard for 2nd. Good JV team for Hibriten coming up along with returners. Makes for a good season already. South with a decent JV year but not quiet as good as past few JV teams so a few guys ought to fill some holes an have ok year with a one n done in playoffs. Also will depend on who is coaching as well. Hibriten conf champs an 3rd or 4th round. Hadn't got much info on Watauga an Saint. If Saint returns a lot they might sneak up on everybody for 2nd place
Watauga won't be able to replace some of the talent they lost. Size is only getting smaller in Boone for some reason, so I wouldn't be surprised if Watauga ends up finishing close to the bottom.

Watauga won't be able to replace some of the talent they lost. Size is only getting smaller in Boone for some reason, so I wouldn't be surprised if Watauga ends up finishing close to the bottom.
I doubt Watauga finishes near last. Fred T Foard has reservations for that spot for 20 years. Hahahaha

I doubt Watauga finishes near last. Fred T Foard has reservations for that spot for 20 years. Hahahaha

Yeah I don't quiet understand why Foard is just that bad. They got kids that just don't come out or what?

Watauga had a good run but surely they'll get some kids out an some of the JV grow an get stronger. If size is dwindling then I'd hope they don't get back to the Watauga type teams of the 90s. Even those had athletes that if we'll coached coulda beat a lot more teams than they did.

Freedom always has athletes but Emmons is a tough one to replace an JV wasn't winning much an some years will be much better than others but next year I wouldn't expect a sweet 16 ranking or a deep run past first round.

It's looking like the year of Hibriten next year. Why wouldn't it be if they got that much returning along with a winning JV team right in behind it. Won't be like the 2009 2010 teams but you never know what Lewis can cook up. I've seen what teams with lots of losses year before and lot of returners the very next year can do- Hickory high 1994 an 2 years later!!...East Burke 2006 then the next year!! Should be huge for Hibriten the next 2 seasons.

South loses a lot an no telling what they may look like with new coach an new schemes. Middle of the pack maybe?

Reactions: marsgreen
Overall nice year for the conference. Congrats to Hibriten and South for
making 3rd round. Freedom produced offensive and defensive players
of the year! Watauga kicker was awarded special teams POY and Patton
HC was Coach of the year. As far as next year, I still have Freedom as the
favorite until proven otherwise... with Hibriten a strong second. Freedom has
pretty much dominated this conference for 3 yrs, but will have some big shoes
to fill again.

Overall nice year for the conference. Congrats to Hibriten and South for
making 3rd round. Freedom produced offensive and defensive players
of the year! Watauga kicker was awarded special teams POY and Patton
HC was Coach of the year. As far as next year, I still have Freedom as the
favorite until proven otherwise... with Hibriten a strong second. Freedom has
pretty much dominated this conference for 3 yrs, but will have some big shoes
to fill again.
Allen no coach of the year? Mediocre talent and he gets no votes? World is unfair.

Ring, Ring! Ring

Counselor: Suicide Hotline. How can I help you?
Caller: Yes I need to speak to someone about my suicidual thoughts.
Counselor: What is your first name sir?
Caller: Just call me uh John Doe.
Counselor: what seems to be the problem John?
Caller: I have been in bed for almost two weeks. I can't eat, sleep, or function. I have people calling my house all day talking about a public hanging. I'm afraid. They say I had all kinds of talent and let it slip away. Keep using words like "too many athletes". Never heard that saying being mountain folk.
Counselor: Now John, people don't do public hangings anymore. No need for that fear. By the way, where are you calling from?
Caller: Burke County, North Carolina
Counselor: John forget what I just said about public hangings. Don't leave the house for a couple weeks.
Caller: You have very strong accent. You ain't from around here are you?
Counselor: No sir. We are located in Pakistan.
Caller: So what do you suggest I do? I'm mentally distraught.
Counselor: John we are sending you a package with a medical device to help. Upon arrival put the device on. It is a special vest. It will have a button to push when you have anxiety. No need to push it but once. It should be done in a public place.
Caller: Thank you sir. I will look for the package.
Counselor: Good day sir and may you have 72 virgins one day.
CLICK.

Reactions: Burkeforreal
Ring, Ring! Ring

Counselor: Suicide Hotline. How can I help you?
Caller: Yes I need to speak to someone about my suicidual thoughts.
Counselor: What is your first name sir?
Caller: Just call me uh John Doe.
Counselor: what seems to be the problem John?
Caller: I have been in bed for almost two weeks. I can't eat, sleep, or function. I have people calling my house all day talking about a public hanging. I'm afraid. They say I had all kinds of talent and let it slip away. Keep using words like "too many athletes". Never heard that saying being mountain folk.
Counselor: Now John, people don't do public hangings anymore. No need for that fear. By the way, where are you calling from?
Caller: Burke County, North Carolina
Counselor: John forget what I just said about public hangings. Don't leave the house for a couple weeks.
Caller: You have very strong accent. You ain't from around here are you?
Counselor: No sir. We are located in Pakistan.
Caller: So what do you suggest I do? I'm mentally distraught.
Counselor: John we are sending you a package with a medical device to help. Upon arrival put the device on. It is a special vest. It will have a button to push when you have anxiety. No need to push it but once. It should be done in a public place.
Caller: Thank you sir. I will look for the package.
Counselor: Good day sir and may you have 72 virgins one day.
CLICK.
Lol. You ain't right GDG....

I'm still going with Hibriten finishing 1st unless Freedom an South come up with something good.

Word on some forum was Hickory is dropping to 2a

Heard through the grapevine that Butch Carter has told the team that he will not be returning to South next year. I know a lot of speculation had already been out there. Hasn't been in the papers yet though. But I guess if the players know then that's all that really matters.

Wonder who they are looking at or who may want the South job. Not to many styles can be played at South so they better not screw it up.

Heard through the grapevine that Butch Carter has told the team that he will not be returning to South next year. I know a lot of speculation had already been out there. Hasn't been in the papers yet though. But I guess if the players know then that's all that really matters.

Wonder who they are looking at or who may want the South job. Not to many styles can be played at South so they better not screw it up.

Losing a lot of players and now there coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT