ADVERTISEMENT

Northwest 1A

Saw today where WS Prep restocked with a couple of move-ins ....one from West Va and the other from Raleigh.....6''5 and 6'6......simply amazing!!!

Prep isn't replacing 4 D1 kids with 4 more, so they won't be as good as they've been, transfers aside. And, to be blunt, they weren't nearly as good last year as they'd been in previous years, the 1A just happened to be a lot weaker than in past years, Carteret aside. They'll be good without a doubt, but the 1A is better, so they aren't overwhelming everyone this year

Projected Girls:

1. W-S Prep
2. Bishop
3. Atkins
4. Mount Airy
5. East Surry
6. North Stokes
7. Walkertown

Projected Boys:

1. W-S Prep
2. Bishop
3. Mount Airy
4. Walkertown (they'll be MUCH improved from a season ago)
5. East Surry
6. North Stokes
7. Atkins

Bold Projection: Prep's 4,000 game conference win streak (approximate) ends this year.

On boys side I would move Mt. Airy ahead of McGuinness, especially with McGuinness big man now out until February with injury. Just curious why Walkertown will be so much better? Do they return everyone?

On the girls side, WS Prep should win it. I know Bishop will be tough, but they lost their 2 best players from last year and Bishop is no where near as good last year as they were 5-9 years ago. I think MA/Atkins will be 3rd/4th. MA has some freshman who can flat out play, but losing their starting PG for the season with a torn ACL will hurt them. East Surry girls will really struggle, but should still be better than North Stokes and Walkertown.

On the boys side, I think it is a open race between WS Prep, Mount Airy, and Bishop, with East Surry not far behind. If East can handle the ball and not turn it over, they will be very tough. I don't understand how Walkertown will be so much better this year unless they had some talent and coaching show up. North Stokes and Atkins should be very bad and will struggle.

Originally posted by bareman:
Saw today where WS Prep restocked with a couple of move-ins ....one from West Va and the other from Raleigh.....6''5 and 6'6......simply amazing!!!
I guess they are trying to become the next Oak Hill Academy. I have not heard anything about Oak Hill in several years.

MaxPrep's Oak Hill Academy Schedule
This post was edited on 11/20 3:03 PM by photo0001

Oak Hill Academy

just went and watched Oak Hill tonight. They are still very alive and very well. I wish prep had to play them since they appear to be able to recruit I mean magically come up with players like Oak Hill does.

Oak Hill is ranked #2 in the country by maxpreps. In the last 4 years they have won 1 "national championship" and finished in top 10 in the nation the other 3 years so no, WSP is not trying to be like Oak Hill....research more, post less.

This post was edited on 11/21 12:45 PM by 3daughters

Gee 3 d maybe he just wanted to see how a team from his area would compete with a national power. Perhaps he wanted to see how locate talent matches up with national talent. Perhaps since you don't know his reason for posting maybe you should follow your own advice........research more, post less.

On a side note are you saying Prep is not trying to be like Oak Hill. Does not WSP aspire to be the best? Funny, once again most teams want to be the best in the conference, state or nation. I bet they do also. Once again research more, post less.

They are not playing Oak Hill but they are playing High Point, Wesleyan Monday night in High Point. Wesleyan has the 1# or #2 player in the class of 2016 6'10" Jr. Harry Giles. He's holding offers from Duke, Kentucky , Kansas etc. so we will see how prep does against arguably the best Junior in the country.

Harry

Wesleyan is ranked #2 in the country in USA Today Rankings and #17 in Maxpreps. I think this game will be a massacre.

typical response recycled, photo was just taking a shot at WSP, nothing more. WSP is usually not even the best high school team in Forsyth County much less the state or the nation. To compare WSP to Oak Hill or even Wesleyan Christian Academy in High Point or teams like Word of God, etc etc is moronic. But then even moronic posts against WSP are acceptable to you.

Here are the final maxpreps rankings for WSP for the last 5 years: NC: 17,17,24,20 and 48. National: 671, 555, 837, 4266 and 2229.

Sure sound like Oak Hill to me. Don't let facts get in your way.....

This post was edited on 11/21 3:39 PM by 3daughters

3D I am grad you are a mind reader and I refuse to come down to your level.......... Talk to the hand ,
happy0005.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/21 4:04 PM by photo0001

what's the matter photo, the numbers getting in your way as to WSP (a/k/a Oak Hill minus a few thousand)? lol

Wow 3 d, sounds to me like you are the one taking a moronic shot at WSP. I can tell you this, sometimes team overcomes talent. WSP has good talent. Could they beat Oak Hill? Probably not.

Let's look at why they might want to play:

1. The chance to showcase their players against other players that are being recruited on a national level. Exposure is difficult to come by at a 1-A school. Most comes by way of AAU programs. What a selling point for your team- we will play the best!

2. The chance for the team to face a team that may be more talented on the floor, something WSP doesn't see often.

3. The coach may want to play a team that will expose Preps areas that need improvement. They probably don't see many teams that can do that. After playing Oak Hill who would Prep see that is better?

Finally most coaches will try to schedule at least 2 games against better competition to improve their team. You have to play better to get better. Try thinking like a coach and not a fan.

This is a pretty dumb argument all the way around, but just for the record, Prep typically does play those type of "showcase games" to test themselves against highly talented squads

Last year they opened with Wesleyan (sans Giles obviously) and lost pretty handily, they played and lost to one of the best prep teams in the country in Greater Atlanta Christian and also played locally in the Frank Spencer against some of the best local teams.

Suggesting they just feast on mediocre 1A competition is pretty disingenuous.

Originally posted by Dave2kMA:
This is a pretty dumb argument all the way around, but just for the record, Prep typically does play those type of "showcase games" to test themselves against highly talented squads

Last year they opened with Wesleyan (sans Giles obviously) and lost pretty handily, they played and lost to one of the best prep teams in the country in Greater Atlanta Christian and also played locally in the Frank Spencer against some of the best local teams.

Suggesting they just feast on mediocre 1A competition is pretty disingenuous.
My point exactly! They use games like this to build their program, so it is not far fetched to see them consider Oak Hill.

Prep is looking to build and increase the strength of their program utilizing resources MOST 1a schools don't have. That's the argument in no way should they be playing 1a. Funny how all of the sudden they had 2 players of 6'6 and 6'7 just transfer in. So do they have to wait the 365 to play? My guess is probably not.

There is no rule if you move from another state or county that you would have to sit out what sense does that make.

Originally posted by 3daughters:
Oak Hill is ranked #2 in the country by maxpreps. In the last 4 years they have won 1 "national championship" and finished in top 10 in the nation the other 3 years so no, WSP is not trying to be like Oak Hill....research more, post less.

How many years do you suppose it too Oak Hill to reach this level ? At the rate WSP is going who's to say they want reach the same level. They seem to be getting a lot of players from here there and everywhere as does Oak Hill. You have to have a starting point if that is your goal and 3D can you rad they're mind as you do everyone elses as to what there goal is.Probably so . Where can they be 5 ,10 years from now. 3D you know it all tell us.

Pretty funny to try to compare WS Prep to Oak Hill Acadmy. Oak Hill travels the country to play ball. WS Prep has to struggle to get shoes for its players. More years than not they're not even the best team in Forsyth County Whine some more. I've already posted the respecive rankings for the two schools....don't let the numbers get in the way of your sarcasm to WS Prep. Forever the lightweight you are photo.

Pretty funny to try to compare WS Prep to Oak Hill Acadmy. Oak Hill travels the country to play ball. WS Prep has to struggle to get shoes for its players. More years than not they're not even the best team in Forsyth County Whine some more. I've already posted the respecive rankings for the two schools....don't let the numbers get in the way of your sarcasm to WS Prep. Forever the lightweight you are photo.
I'm so sorry I challenged your know it all intelligence . I think I hang pretty good to only have a high school education and be probably 20 to 25 years older than you. What is your education level ?

what relavance does my education or age have to you? You made a ridiculous post comparing WS Prep to Oak Hill Academy.

You're sick, mentally . My problem was comparing my intelligence to yours. Some people are to educated and put others down but I win on being being more human. You are not worth my time because you are a know it all jerk. This has went beyond a Basketball discussion and got personal. I apologize to all others and to you 3d for letting you pulling me down to you level ! Enough said !
ashamed0002.r191677.gif

photo you've been at the lowest level possible for years. Who is the most not worthy, photo or recycled.....sorry, that was a typo..noteworthy...lol

what relavance does my education or age have to you? You made a ridiculous post comparing WS Prep to Oak Hill Academy.
Are you ashamed to tell us you education level after some of your posts ? You are probably more educated than 75% of us. I said my education level so tell us yours. I can admit I have said things on here that I am ashamed of . Man up 3Duh Age IQ & Ed Level . Could you maybe be a Lawyer or ????
This post was edited on 12/9 1:08 AM by photo0001

I know that you are off the beaten path up there in Mayberry but just so you'll know in th future WS Prep does not have 99% boarding students from 18 countries and 29 states paying $35,000 per year in tuition and fees. Still want to compare WS Prep and Oak Hill? lmao

photo you've been at the lowest level possible for years. Who is the most not worthy, photo or recycled.....sorry, that was a typo..noteworthy...lol
If I have been and that is past tense been at the lowest level,then you have more than surpassed me at that lowest level and that is noteworthy ....
roll.r191677.gif
You are possessed at putting everyone that don't think as you do down and making everyone look as sick as you think !

I know that you are off the beaten path up there in Mayberry but just so you'll know in th future WS Prep does not have 99% boarding students from 18 countries and 29 states paying $35,000 per year in tuition and fees. Still want to compare WS Prep and Oak Hill? lmao
You can only hope Kville or what ever town you are from will reach the notoriety of my fine town of Mayberry / Mount Airy . So guess what , you lose again. I could care less what it cost to go to school at either place. It cost nothing to be educated at Mount Airy or any public school. If that makes you feel better than the rest of us then suck it up and continue to be a jackass. Right out of the dictionary
noun

#1 a male donkey.
But in your case
# 2. a contemptibly foolish or stupid person; dolt; blockhead; ass.

This post was edited on 12/9 1:37 AM by photo0001

You compared WS Prep and Oak Hill....make your case for your statement.....lol

They both draw the majority of there players from outside there district and state in some cases .
WSP falls more so in this link below With that unfair advantage over public schools.
Also I made a statement not a comparison. The statement was to get some updates on Oak Hill
and you are the only one to take it as a stab at WSP . You always read what you want into other peoples posts.
Grow up and quit attacking everyone .
This post was edited on 12/9 2:30 AM by photo0001

Magnet Schools

"They both draw the majority of there players from outside there district and state in some cases .
WSP falls more so in this link below With that unfair advantage over public schools."

Time to chime in!!!!

photo

MA followers should NEVER-NEVER-NEVER say a thing about a player playing outside their district. MA has abused that issue for years. This years team has the Mounce brothers that lived in Elkin while they played at MA. Caleb Horton lives in East Surry's district. That is 3 of MA's starting 5. Take those 3 off the team and see what MA looks like. I love it when you and bearman take swings at WSP and BM for this issue when knowing that MA benefits from the same thing.

PROVE ME WRONG

I hope they wouldn't take the Mounce brothers off of MA's team since their mom lives walking distance to MAHS.

The Mounce brothers while playing middle school for MA lived in Elkin. They also lived in Elkin while at the high school. Their parents split apart and the father lived in Elkin while the mother moved into NS district. She now lives in MA's district.

PROVE ME WRONG

so photo you are claiming that your statement regarding WS Prep " I guess they are trying to become the next Oak Hill Academy" was made by you with the intent "of getting some updates on Oak Hill"? You sure you actually got through high school?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT