ADVERTISEMENT

Northside Jacksonville vs shelby ...... the truth !!!!!

LOL deflection. You are referring to those 5A South Carolina schools in your area who use that point system. NC doesn't have that point system. Monroe played Weddington AND barely lost to private school champion Charlotte Latin(before their QB was injured). If Latin called today I can predict the response :D

So how would be have fared against those two schools you mentioned?

28-7, only 43 yards of total offense for Monroe. Lone score coming on a KO return for a TD.

So how would be have fared against those two schools you mentioned?

28-7, only 43 yards of total offense for Monroe. Lone score coming on a KO return for a TD.

Who knows, Monroe didn't have their all star quarterback, seeing as that is a crucial position and the backup was young and inexperienced, I think the game would have been much closer due to him extending drives, and he may not have turned the ball over for one of your scores. Remember your O only scored 14 points. I alluded to them barely losing to Latin when they had their starting QB and Latin is probably a top 5 team in NC every year. The Latin and Weddington games would have been close, as I thinking all season that the lions and redhawks are equal if they're both healthy at the same time.

I dont' think the lions would beat Butler, Latin, MC or Rock Hill South Pointe.
Kannapolis is coming down to 3AA. I hope they're on your out of conference schedule next season as before. Lions have never beat them. I'd love to see Dillon or Rock Hill South Pointe on the schedule also.

Last edited:
Who knows, Monroe didn't have their all star quarterback, seeing as that is a crucial position and the backup was young and inexperienced, I think the game would have been much closer due to him extending drives, and he may not have turned the ball over for one of your scores. Remember your O only scored 14 points. I alluded to them barely losing to Latin when they had their starting QB and Latin is probably a top 5 team in NC every year. The Latin and Weddington games would have been close, as I thinking all season that the lions and redhawks are equal if they're both healthy at the same time.

I dont' think the lions would beat Butler, Latin, MC or Rock Hill South Pointe.
Kannapolis is coming down to 3AA. I hope they're on your out of conference schedule next season as before. Lions have never beat them. I'd love to see Dillon or Rock Hill South Pointe on the schedule also.
Zeph Wall and Monroe were 1-2, before he was injured. One of their losses w/ him was to Sun Vally, a Sun Valley team who lost to Erwin in the playoffs. Erwin was flatlined by AC Reynolds 60-7. we beat ACR 35-14. Monroe w/ Wall and Shelby w/ Brooks in ideal weather conditions, we would smoke them, in my opinion. Huss was better than Monroe. Looking back on it, who did Monroe really beat in their so called brutal schedule?

Last edited:
Zeph Wall and Monroe were 1-2, before he was injured. One of their losses w/ him was to Sun Vally, a Sun Valley team who lost to Erwin in the playoffs. Erwin was flatlined by AC Reynolds 60-7. we beat ACR 35-14. Monroe w/ Wall and Shelby w/ Brooks in idea weather conditions, we would smoke them, in my opinion. Huss was better than Monroe. Looking back on it, who did Monroe really beat in their so called brutal schedule?

They beat Marvin Ridge who was playing in the 3AA 3rd round against 3AA Hickory Ridge who lost to 3AAWeddington(who Monroe also beat). AC Reynolds lost to Weddington. Agree to disagree on the smoking comment.

They beat Marvin Ridge who was playing in the 3AA 3rd round against 3AA Hickory Ridge who lost to 3AAWeddington(who Monroe also beat). AC Reynolds lost to Weddington.
i just got off of work, 12 hrs, I am not my sharpest at the moment, but what am I missing here? We smacked the team who spanked Weddington by two touchdowns, the same Weddington team who will be playing in the 3AA state championship this weekend. They all share the same conference, which was apparently overrated this season.

i just got off of work, 12 hrs, I am not my sharpest at the moment, but what am I missing here? We smacked the team who spanked Weddington by two touchdowns, the same Weddington team who will be playing in the 3AA state championship this weekend. They all share the same conference, which was apparently overrated this season.

You were questioning their schedule. I said they beat 2 teams that were in the latter rounds of 3AA playoffs and barely lost to the private school champion. You mentioned AC Reynolds, which also lost to one of the teams they defeated earlier in the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion Attack
Shelby beat South Point who lost to Hunter Huss who lost to East Lincoln who lost to Monroe. The team Shelby just beat.If that helps any.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Shelby is stacked I am not even going to pretend they are not, but here is where the problems start when you think you can beat everybody especially bigger schools. There bench is always better than yours (the quality teams).

Ninja made a living off SWO dominance in the early 2000's basically saying the samething Shelby fans are saying "WE CAN BEAT ANYBODY". Truth is the starters prolly can compete with any school, but to many big schools that are good have a better bench. I also understand Shelby has beaten some high ranked bigger schools, but there beating on teams they are very familiar with and feel comfortable playing. SWO has won state championship and had close games with Richlands because the familiarity is there.

I can't say Northside is like SWO state championship squad that beat the mighty lions, but this Northside team especially with there talent at recievers and there overall team speed, and size advantage maybe even, but unless your 3aa to 4aa your not bigger than them can beat Shelby! I would love to predict a Northside win, but first time on the big stage, and as I have pointed out before not a huge fan base. Think Shelby pulls away 56-35. Yes Northside can put 35 on you if they are forced to go to the air. There recievers are big with good speed, excellent route runners, and have shown flashes with there hands.

I think Shelby will win the game easily .They are loaded with talent everywhere.As they showed last week you may be able to shut them down for a while .But they can adjust to what the other team is giving them.And the Defense has shut teams down all season and I don't see that changing.If Northside wins I will be stunned and impressed.

Shelby is stacked I am not even going to pretend they are not, but here is where the problems start when you think you can beat everybody especially bigger schools. There bench is always better than yours (the quality teams).

Yes Northside can put 35 on you if they are forced to go to the air. There recievers are big with good speed, excellent route runners, and have shown flashes with there hands.

Thing about this year's Shelby team...we have that deep bench.

Also, a QB has to have time to throw. From what I am hearing, NS O-line is average at best. No way does your QB have time to throw it deep. Monroe's qb will tell you that.

Ninja made a living off SWO dominance in the early 2000's basically saying the samething Shelby fans are saying "WE CAN BEAT ANYBODY". Truth is the starters prolly can compete with any school, but to many big schools that are good have a better bench. I also understand Shelby has beaten some high ranked bigger schools, but there beating on teams they are very familiar with and feel comfortable playing. SWO has won state championship and had close games with Richlands because the familiarity is there.

I can't say Northside is like SWO state championship squad that beat the mighty lions, but this Northside team especially with there talent at recievers and there overall team speed, and size advantage maybe even, but unless your 3aa to 4aa your not bigger than them can beat Shelby! I would love to predict a Northside win, but first time on the big stage, and as I have pointed out before not a huge fan base. Think Shelby pulls away 56-35. Yes Northside can put 35 on you if they are forced to go to the air. There recievers are big with good speed, excellent route runners, and have shown flashes with there hands.

Not downing Northside at all but I just don't quite understand how a team with such great receivers who have size, route running ability and speed have below average numbers?

A QB who is completing just over half of his passes for a little more than 1,600 yards on the season (less than 110 per game) is not a number that jumps out at me at all, or any fan/player from around Cleveland county. Only one receiver over 500 yards receiving and one over 300 the rest are under 300. I don't see a dominate passing game from this team. The QB is a good runner and a good thrower but it's definitely nothing like shelby has seen from other teams this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrestMan7

Receivers are tall and too skinny. We will flat line them. No way they are better than Huss or Monroe. Our toughest game Huss we put 48 up. I'd be surprised if Northside score double digits. No need to speak on our defense. Qb will have 30 carries for 30 yards

Receivers are tall and too skinny. We will flat line them. No way they are better than Huss or Monroe. Our toughest game Huss we put 48 up. I'd be surprised if Northside score double digits. No need to speak on our defense. Qb will have 30 carries for 30 yards
sounds like Shelby is ready for the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS.WOW

Reactions: Sneed350Z
Not downing Northside at all but I just don't quite understand how a team with such great receivers who have size, route running ability and speed have below average numbers?

A QB who is completing just over half of his passes for a little more than 1,600 yards on the season (less than 110 per game) is not a number that jumps out at me at all, or any fan/player from around Cleveland county. Only one receiver over 500 yards receiving and one over 300 the rest are under 300. I don't see a dominate passing game from this team. The QB is a good runner and a good thrower but it's definitely nothing like shelby has seen from other teams this year.

The numbers are misleading because Northside has a true balanced attack and in our neck of the woods you better know how to play smash mouth football and the numbers aint never pretty. Strap up your head gear because Northside is not going to be overwhelmed by your size and for sure not in awe of speed. Jumping on Northside early needs to be in your plans. I'll put it this way if your not winning by 10 going into halftime your in big trouble. Northside can play many different styles and Coach knows how to adjust.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
As a victim of Shelby these past two years I dont think any one thing is going to consistently work against them. Your defense has to disguise its coverages(mainly conceding the underneath) and situationally load up to stop the run. Offensively you better hit for at least one or two big plays for scores cause I dont think you can consistently drive the ball on their defense. You better keep them off balance with a short passing game on 1st & 10 and throw in some well disguised screen passes. The funny thing is that even if you do all of the above you may still just be in the game. Defensively Dax does an amazing job of play recognition and he just explodes to the ball and hes hard to get blocked. And he's surrounded by athletes that love to fly to the ball and theyre so well positioned by their staff that theyre just hard to beat. Offensively you can have the perfect defensive call and theyll have a guy who just beats your guy or guys and makes a big play. I'm a believer that any team can be beaten but I just have a hard time believing that this group of kids is going down in this game on this stage!! I'm a witness and Shelby is for real and I believe theyre a top 10 team in this state with the ability to compete with them all. For the record my 10 are MC, Butler, Vance, Page, Dudley, Cape Fear(I know nothing about them but I must respect what theyve done on the field) Catholic, Scotland, Wake Forest & Shelby.

The numbers are misleading because Northside has a true balanced attack and in our neck of the woods you better know how to play smash mouth football and the numbers aint never pretty. Strap up your head gear because Northside is not going to be overwhelmed by your size and for sure not in awe of speed. Jumping on Northside early needs to be in your plans. I'll put it this way if your not winning by 10 going into halftime your in big trouble. Northside can play many different styles and Coach knows how to adjust.

Man, I'm really not talking down on your "neck of the woods" however before you make a comment like that please stop and think about the "neck of the woods" Shelby is from.... Northside, the fans, the supporters, etc. better start to realize, and be prepared for the Golden Lions or its going to be a real bad bad day.

Shelby will be up by more than 10 at the half. More like Northside better hope they are up at the half, and by a lot more than 10.

Reactions: GoldenDynasty02
I'm new to this of course but always looked at the threads involving my Golden Lions. They have heard the same thing for the past 3 years. You are not going to beat us without any kind of depth. I'll tell you what we going to do if the weather is fishy. We going to run it down the field until your defense get tired then score. Our offense going to catch a breather while your defense is still on the field. Shelby by 4 scores. I talk to these boys and they hungry like this the first championship

Last edited:
after watching the East Duplin/Northside game, imo Northside, while a good gritty team with a good defense, just doesnt have the offensive weaponry to compete with Shelby.....at least from what ive heard about Shelby as i havent seen them play. i may be wrong. ive been wrong before. i feel that if you slow Northside's QB down, then Northside becomes a very ordinary team on offense. although their defense is good, im not sure it can handle the very versatile threat that Shelby presents.

Jus letting yall in on a little secret .. its no coqensidence out of no where north side beats a undefeated clinton at clinton .. an Jacksonville high made it to the eastern finals for the first since 1994 an swo has went down. An richlands cant win a game .... they have redistristed onslow ccounty which has 8 high schools .. that's why northside use to have 800 kids an now is pushing 1300 kids an moving to 3aa next yr....... their is alot more to this than meets the eye fellas i promise u that

Northside should be 3aa if we realigned this year, that is what Shelby is not understanding.

As far as not understanding Shelby. Please... I watched them lose and win a state championship against SWO. I already applauded there team in a win on TWC early in the year.

Hope Northside crushes these guys!

Shs because Jacksonville is a city .. Jacksonville high to northside high a half mile .. Jacksonville to Southwest is 4 miles .. northside to 3a white oak is 2 miles .... an this dont include dixon .. richlands .. Swansboro an camp lejune that are in the county. .. its like in 1999 when southwest was 15 -0 an got beat by high point centeral who had 1600 kids an went to 4a the following yr ... dude i am not saying u will loose but u guys are gonna play a reallu big fast deep team coached very well ... their asst. Took a semi pro team an won the national title .. .... hearing all this talk about blowout reminds me in 2003 when burlington Cummings had brandon tate average 50 ppg ... an swo average 28ppg an we were suppose to loose by 40 cause all their wr had 20 tds lol .. atn at halftime they 6 points .... all i am saying is dont be surprised with what they do bro

Ninja I'm not predicting a blowout.I have seen to many games over the years to know that anything can happen.

I'm pulling for another Onslow County team....come Jax-Northside....bring that thing back to DA VILLE!!!!! NS 24- shs 21

Northside is battle tested and very good, but they are about to encounter a different kind of animal in Shelby. Shelby has 4 star recruit Dax Hollifield and company shutting down opponents left and right. The Monarch offense has not faced a D1 recruit all year long and yes this is coming from a Dark Horse fan. Nobody on the Northside schedule has prepared them
For the buzz saw that they are going to encounter on Saturday. Best of luck to both teams and I'm hoping for a good game as I will be in attendance, but I do not see the Shelby streak ending here.

Northside is battle tested and very good, but they are about to encounter a different kind of animal in Shelby. Shelby has 4 star recruit Dax Hollifield and company shutting down opponents left and right. The Monarch offense has not faced a D1 recruit all year long and yes this is coming from a Dark Horse fan. Nobody on the Northside schedule has prepared them
For the buzz saw that they are going to encounter on Saturday. Best of luck to both teams and I'm hoping for a good game as I will be in attendance, but I do not see the Shelby streak ending here.
Where would you rank this Clinton team all time? They did not look near as talented as that 97 squad with Willie Parker.

Darkhorse1234 northside hasnt faced a team with a d1 recruit ?????? Jacksonville no. 9
. An they played havelock I'm sure they have at least 2 ?????.. an u know swo . No. 78 is a sophmore 6 ft 7 305 he will go anywhere he wants papers from every already

Reactions: superstar57
I don't have a dog in this fight....but Shelby's defense will be the difference....big strong fast and I can't imagine Shelby's offense being held to less than 30 points without having 4-5 turnovers. I haven't seen Northside play but I think they're in for a big surprise. Forget Shelby being 2A....they can play with any team in the state PERIOD

Darkhorse1234 northside hasnt faced a team with a d1 recruit ?????? Jacksonville no. 9
. An they played havelock I'm sure they have at least 2 ?????.. an u know swo . No. 78 is a sophmore 6 ft 7 305 he will go anywhere he wants papers from every already
Ninja they are delusional. Shelby is good their starting squad.. but Northside is deeper. They have played D1 competition Montrell Pollock ,Jaicari Boone, Rashard Whittington, Havelock has 3 D1 recruits. SWO has at least 1. They are a balanced team they are so deep that they have to spread the ball around because the kids they have they can play and you have to get them on the field. They are basing everything on numbers. Jacksonville had three backs go for over a thousand and a fourth that had 900 plus. Two of those backs missed three games and still went over a grand. This team is good yes. They don't know to much about Northside those are some hard nosed kids who will fight till the end. They will not be intimidated at all. If Shelbybwins this 4 and 5 TD thing is crazy

Who Mule, you're right y'all don't know about the east. Some of you piedmont guys need to get out of those foothills and go down east and see for yourself. You may see a contest in Edenton. In 2014 they were the best team Clinton played other than Shelby. Speaking of Shelby's schedule I saw some weak teams on there. but they do show up for the big games. They will beat Northside but they may face a challenge some might not expect. Remember the Marine base of Onslow County. When you play a Onslow County team that show always come to mind.

"Who Mule, you're right y'all don't know about the east. Some of you piedmont guys need to get out of those foothills and go down east and see for yourself." That will happen Friday and Saturday.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
East duplin look like the buffalo bills of the 90s their cursed
. Biggest school in their county an the only one who hasnt been to a state title lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT