ADVERTISEMENT

North Stokes Boys Varsity Basketball

tarheel1970

Apr 6, 2011
A long conference losing streak is broken tonight. North Stokes leads from start to finish over the Mount Airy Bears with a final score of North Stokes 74 Mount Airy 43. Great job by Coach Anderson having the team ready to play. Great team effort by all the Vikings tonight. North Stokes remains undefeated on the year. Great job tonight. Go Vikings!

A long conference losing streak is broken tonight. North Stokes leads from start to finish over the Mount Airy Bears with a final score of North Stokes 74 Mount Airy 43. Great job by Coach Anderson having the team ready to play. Great team effort by all the Vikings tonight. North Stokes remains undefeated on the year. Great job tonight. Go Vikings!
Love seeing my Alma mater succeed! Way to go Vikings!!!

Reactions: littlemash
Watched the game and was impressed by N Stokes. They have playmakers everywhere and can shoot. Granted MA does not have much this year in boys bb but Vikings looked sharp

I am glad to see them doing well. People forget, but I believe they were the last team to make the state finals from the west that isn't either a charter/magnet/parochial school or a 2A/3A school now.

Last edited:
They still finish in the bottom half of the conference. Prep, Bishop, and east surry finish above them. But a nice win nonetheless.

Looks like east has only played prep and Bishop in conference. Beat everybody else and finish third. Do the math

ES is 0-2, but those are both against the best 2 teams in the Conference. They were right there with Prep (even with best player in foul trouble). Bishop used an absolute dominant 2nd quarter to easily win that game on Friday. North Stokes is pretty dang good. I can easily see them finishing 3rd (of course, ES could also go on a run and finish 3rd). MA should finish 5th and S.Stokes 6th

Reactions: w.wolf15
Conference play has just started and a lot can change with each team playing twice between now and Feb.15th. 1/2 the teams have only played 1 conference game. I have seen big turnarounds by season endings.

Last edited:
I think WS Prep/Bishop are the top 2, and are a level above the rest. ES has the talent to be there, but lack the depth. NS is a strong team and could make a good run in the playoffs. It will be a interesting game when they play ES on Friday. MA could be really good, but they need someone to step up besides Greene. South will probably not win a game in conference play this season.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
If I counted right, the Bears next 6 games are at home and last 4 are away. That is if they don't have any weather make up games.WSPrep @ Mount Airy Friday the 18th. Maybe some others will step up in these home games..

Last edited:
Last edited:
We will all know more about North Stokes after Friday when they play at East Surry. If they beat East, then they actually might be a top 10 team. I just have a hard time buying into them because they always start the season undefeated and then get rocked when they actually have to play someone.

I agree with the above statement. Friday will be the test. But I will say that last year and this year are the only seasons they've started undefeated and then their two time all-conference player went down for the season right as the conference season started.

Looks like he showed out last Friday against Mount airy with 28.

We've seen how average/below average East Surry is when you take Boaz away from them, and now you see what Mount Airy is because Donavon is not there. Same goes when you take Chesnet away from North.

I believe East is better than North but I will give them that benefit of the doubt that they are a top 15 team.

Reactions: NWWatchdog
There will be some shuffling around in the next 2 weeks. Some moving up some moving out of the top 10. I just don't see East Surry, Mount Airy or South Stokes getting in the top 10 any time soon. They're not even in MaxPrep's top 25.Mount Airy was 25th till they lost to North Stokes, but gone now. good luck to the Cardinals & Bears. Now the Girls on both teams are doing great.
http://www.maxpreps.com/division/nc.../basketball-winter-18-19/playoff-class-1a.htm

Even if North Stoke loses a game this or next week, they laid it to Mount Airy 1/11/19 by 31 points. That's a blowout ! but will they lose. This NWC fan is pulling for them !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT