ADVERTISEMENT

North Stanly Vs West Montgomery

NSCometFan1975

Jul 28, 2013
Albemarle
I think this year North can beat West in a very close game. If they will is another story. I think with the coaching change North has a better shot. If Eddins was coaching this team I say no way. Any thoughts?

Still don't see North beating West even with the coaching change. It might be closer than in past years but I think West by two touchdowns.

Cameron needs a good game. The defense needs to step up and play like They did in the Second half against NWC. Comets have got to keep Them off balance

North Stanly should win this game. Everyone talks about Cameron but I think you need to look at the Comets' OL. Very good team.

Look at the close games NWC had with really good teams and North allowed them the lowest points all season..North"s defense and offense shows up and plays all 4 quarters they win..Should be a good game none the less!!!

Last edited:
West in a yawner... North has a good defense, but unless they get Rush a few more touches, it will be hard to match WM score for score. I would say about 32-14.

Not a fan of North Stanly?

I am not sure why you would say that...but, North needs to find some balance. When NW Cab. shut down the key tailback, there was not a lot of offense. IF Rush gets included a little more in the running game...via motion, jet sweeps, bubble screens which are just quick run plays... it will open up the box. If what I saw Friday is the game plan against WM.... I just think WM will give North the same issues that NWC did.

With that said, I was extremely complimentary of the defense. North is solid and well coached. To me, they just came out a little too conservative last week.

I am not sure why you would say that...but, North needs to find some balance. When NW Cab. shut down the key tailback, there was not a lot of offense. IF Rush gets included a little more in the running game...via motion, jet sweeps, bubble screens which are just quick run plays... it will open up the box. If what I saw Friday is the game plan against WM.... I just think WM will give North the same issues that NWC did.

With that said, I was extremely complimentary of the defense. North is solid and well coached. To me, they just came out a little too conservative last week.

Just a vibe I pick up from your comments now and in the past.

I'll try not to offend you or anyone from NS. I do like the defense. I do think WM will be about a 32-14 game. Opinions only....no basis other than what I see and hear.

I'll try not to offend you or anyone from NS. I do like the defense. I do think WM will be about a 32-14 game. Opinions only....no basis other than what I see and hear.
They just need to quit being so sensitive. You were just being honest with your evaluation from a coaches standpoint. They will be ok lol.

West losing for the 1st time 28-13 to North Stanly at Home. 5 mins left. You all got mad at me for saying NO DISCIPLINE and lack lusture Coaching. Equals yet another defeat. Oh well. Congrats to North Stanly.

Hats off to North Stanly. I missed this one. BIG WIn

Not trying to insult you at all...so don't be offended, but when you downplayed North Stanly it kind of befuddled me. Usually you are on the money.

West Montgomery is not the same West Montgomery of old.

Alas. By definition describing the ineffable is impossible. My only cogent observation - at half time there was no waiting I walked into the Necessary with no waiting two urinals free my choice.

Reactions: sway1532
West Montgomery is in a dark place...a place called a "Dungeon". Albemarle has been doing a 8 year sentence with 2 to go...maybe 1 on good behavior. Welcome.

Thinking right now that this win gives North Stanly some respect. Everybody knows how good the Cavileres are at this time but I figured that North Stanly would just play their role as always being 3rd in the YVC Conference.

Where are all the other WM fans at???

Fair weather fan base! Albemarle took it in the balls but we still came and congratulated the other team for years. Hard to swallow pins and needles huh?

Will WM beat Albemarle...probably, but I can't wait until North Rowan serves a full course meal. I have absolutely nothing against the kids playing, but the Captain and his lieutenant that hight tailed it away from the "Alumni"...it is what it is... I mean, no way Murphy beats Albemarle in 2011, but it happened. "Balance the line coach!!!"

I'm always here to dish it out. As for the rest????? Anyways great win for North Stanly. @Sway. We've been in that Dungeon before let's hope just not too long lol..........

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
I'm always here to dish it out. As for the rest????? Anyways great win for North Stanly. @Sway. We've been in that Dungeon before let's hope just not too long lol..........
North has a good team this year and cameron is having a great season and with his play on the field may be playing Saturday's. West mont has had a great run no reason not to be proud of that program.

North Rowan per a couple of friends of mine is a state title contender. I have not seen them play but that is what I was told. My belief it is their conference to lose. That was a good win for north and they have some time to get better in the areas they need to improve on before they hit that game.

Albemarle I will say defensively is strong and becoming very opportunistic. For us to pull any upsets our offense needs to get moving and atleast not put our defense in bad positions. When you have a good defense you have the freedom to be aggressive but no reason to do anything that will hurt them.

South stanly is one that I don't think it's safe for anybody to take for granted. They about got EM and I think if you sleep on them they can get you.

North Stanly sweep West Mont in football this week. Middle school JV and Varsity in case anyone was wondering. But west has a very good Varsity team. It was just North stanly year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT