ADVERTISEMENT

North Pitt (3-2) vs SW Edgecombe (4-2) Game Updates

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
Due to "community safety reasons", SWE and the Edgecombe County Sheriff's Office has decided to postpone this game tonight. They are saying they there is no threat to the school, but won't say anything else beyond that. So we're all speculating and coming up with our own stories 🤷🏽‍♂️. I'm going with there was some planned violence that the school became aware of. The roads are currently passable, so that can't be it. I haven't heard of any zombie outbreak, so that's not it either. So who knows?

My daughter told me they cancelled it due to a threat. Well, that's what they told the student body over the intercom
They much we know. But they won't tell anyone what the threat is. Even the students don't know. I have a child there too. Already got him out, and I was nowhere near alone. It's just the fact that they said "a threat to the community" but won't tell the community what it is that's bothersome. There are hundreds of people on edge now from not knowing exactly what's going on.

Last edited:
Something gang related about a house getting shot up earlier in the day, with retaliation at the game being a possibility, since the gang members frequently attend.
The house being shot up was retaliation for an ex SW student (drop out) was shot in Greenville..I don't remember if it was fatal.

Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
Something gang related about a house getting shot up earlier in the day, with retaliation at the game being a possibility, since the gang members frequently attend.
It's my understanding a player on our team is related to some of those involved.

Looks like the shooting happened yesterday, the house shooting up prolly went down today, and to keep another retaliation from going down at the game it was cancelled.

I heard of two SC schools recently that couldn’t play on a Friday night because the host school said they couldn’t find enough security aka Police personnel to feel safe, therefore they just cancelled the game. I believe it was North Myrtle Beach HS.

I heard of two SC schools recently that couldn’t play on a Friday night because the host school said they couldn’t find enough security aka Police personnel to feel safe, therefore they just cancelled the game. I believe it was North Myrtle Beach HS.
This was the contest between Marlboro County and North Myrtle Beach. North Myrtle canceled at 330 pm Friday. My son is part of the “rogue” staff at Marlboro County. I had a condo rented and found out the game was cancelled when traveling thru laurinburg. The game wasn’t in bennettsville where some trouble had been brewing. North Myrtle just wanted to avoid a beating. I asked on Facebook, who do I send the bill to for what that weekend cost me with no game. I could have stayed home and watched Reidsville.

This was the contest between Marlboro County and North Myrtle Beach. North Myrtle canceled at 330 pm Friday. My son is part of the “rogue” staff at Marlboro County. I had a condo rented and found out the game was cancelled when traveling thru laurinburg. The game wasn’t in bennettsville where some trouble had been brewing. North Myrtle just wanted to avoid a beating. I asked on Facebook, who do I send the bill to for what that weekend cost me with no game. I could have stayed home and watched Reidsville.
They should open Buddys truck stop back up. That is the cure all.

Reactions: ReidsvilleRam90
So have they announced a new game time without gangs in attendance yet? Or we just gonna let them ruin it for everyone else?
I'm sure they will play it. It's a conference game, so it's more important than a just cancelling a non conference one. SWE has a bye this week anyway, but NP does not. Whispers say that it'll be played during the week, but without any fans at all. Can't just allow some to attend, while refusing others (unless it's clear that you're under the influence of drugs/alcohol). That'll set off a PR nightmare. And really, how do you determine who's in a gang and who isn't? I know that's a set up for racists comments, but my delete button works well, so keep it to yourself guys.

🏈 Important Announcement: Rescheduled Home Football Game 🏈

Our home football game against North Pitt scheduleded for last Friday has been rescheduled for tomorrow, October 7, at 7:00 PM. However, due to recent safety concerns in the community, we have made the difficult decision to limit attendance to players, coaches, officials, and the parents of players only.

We know how much our students, families, and fans love to support our team, and we appreciate your understanding as we prioritize everyone’s safety. We will be sharing updates and highlights of the game on our social media channels so everyone can still be a part of the experience!

Homecoming festivities will be rescheduled for a future home game later in the season.

Thank you for your cooperation and support. Go Cougars! 🏈

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT