ADVERTISEMENT

North Iredell v. Granite Bears

GSODbears

Oct 7, 2019
Mount Airy
Cant believe what I'm hearing about N. Iredell refusing to reschedule postponed game Friday night. Short changes both schools' student athletes and apparently decision was made by Football coach, not Administrators. A coach who is afraid to lose a game. Looks like the tail wags the dog in those parts. Pitiful!

Cant believe what I'm hearing about N. Iredell refusing to reschedule postponed game Friday night. Short changes both schools' student athletes and apparently decision was made by Football coach, not Administrators. A coach who is afraid to lose a game. Looks like the tail wags the dog in those parts. Pitiful!

+1

Granite Bears fans..What kind of numbers will the 30% capacity limit be for your stadium. How many visitors fans will your bleachers accommodate?

He decided he did not want his 3A school beat by a 1A team. They have played a series of games according to the Mount Airy Bear Historian since 1989 with Mt.Airy winning the first game 13-7 and the Bears are leading overall series 11-5 winning the last 5 in a row.

Reactions: realjoejr

Doesn't surprise me.. they probably scheduled MA without asking the coach and he didn't want to play them. Hate it did happen because NI vs MA was historically a decent series but that HC seems like the type to do that.

This is why I was upset at the state not allowing every school at least 1-2 non conference games.. no reason why MA should be playing teams so far away. They should be playing West Stokes and us or anyone else.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Someone can double check me on that
Correct about Washington, DC, and all over the USA. Mount Airy also had a Minor League baseball team from 1931 to the 1950s, I believe called the Mount Airy Reds and Graniteers, also named for the Granite Quarry and they were part of the Cincinnati Reds or feed into them. Rumer about 6 years ago Mount Airy was talking about getting up another team but it dropped and I have not heard of it since.

Reactions: KW23 and realjoejr
Correct about Washington, DC, and all over the USA. Mount Airy also had a Minor League baseball team from 1931 to the 1950s, I believe called the Mount Airy Reds and Graniteers, also named for the Granite Quarry and they were part of the Cincinnati Reds or feed into them. Rumer about 6 years ago Mount Airy was talking about getting up another team but it dropped and I have not heard of it since.
It would be great if Mount Airy could get a baseball team even if its a college league like in the coastal plain leagues.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Must have been a last resort for Mount Airy to even schedule a losing team like North Iredell anyway. they were the cellar team of their North Piedmont 3A Conference last year. I was hearing schools may have a hard time scheduling a 7 game season. I'm sure MA wanted a better opponent but I guess Mount Airy took what they could get, a rotten apple !
No wonder the coach was backed out. He knew this little 1A school would beat his no-win school from last year. I do know he disappointed a lot of Bear fans and probably a lot of North Iredell fans looking forward to the first football game in well over a year. I know I was among many people pissed off and having a few choice words for that no-show school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT