ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Iredell Co Football

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Thoughts about Iredell Co Football:

Statesville: Brand new team n Brand New Staff for the greyhounds so I am curious how fast they gel. They have a solid core returning and JV kids should fill the spots but I am curious where stateville ends up (Most have them from 1st to 3rd in conference of play - Rn I have them 2nd)

North Iredell: I have had heard a lot good things for NI with #s being up and I really like the current staff up at NI. Talent will be improving as well at NI currently I have North Iredell winning 4-5 games this yr (Yes some are toss up) so but Future looks bright n improving for Raider Nation

South Iredell: I have most opinion for SI but Ill keep opinion for this season only for this - South is rebuilding and with 2 different coach in last few years and a new staff entirely I think it will take time for SI to step back up to Brady Pope Days and Compete for Championship. Also being in very competitive 4A conference and having low # n all at SI but things are improve tho I don’t see SI winning much this season - I currently have them winning 4-5 game with outside chance of winning 6-7 if they beat a Mooresville or LN or something within Conference.

Mooresville: Mooresville has a high Ceiling this year but it’s all on how they perform; They have the talent and coaching staff to do well this year and make a RUN for their first conference title since 2013. Mooresville athletes have been going tons camp this off season and with a few new face and all I like our chances but there are few area of concern from my POV - QB coming off a injury but he seem taking it very seriously to came back better then ever so will see how it plays out; WR corps maybe better then last yr but someone has step up and be a #1 and all and OL will be OK but maybe small this year and Secondary should be OK but Secondary has been iffy at times But Currently I have Mooresville #1 in GM4 but I think they control their destiny for this season

Lake Norman: In all honest I have 0 clue what LN will be this year; I believe they solid core back but they did lose some keys guys from last yr imo but I think LN always has a lot upside; Their staff is top notch and they are always physical and tough no matter how people think how they will do. They have a Solid QB and I believe still quality RBs but biggest question for me for the Wildcats will be OL/DL and Defense has been a strong point for them. I also think they have work on getting a bit more pass savvy in things bc when they get down or it’s 3rd n 15 u have pass imo and we have seen that hurt them in playoffs but LN has a chance to be within top 4.

West Iredell; New HC and a lot changes have happen and tbh they only a handful of returns that will be solid but I don’t really know much about them tbh but West has struggled as of late so I wish them the best this season and interesting to see how much they improve

PLP: I believe they have staff and piece to still do well in the 1A ranks. They did lose some keys guys and they will have to replace but I like PLP chances to maintain top 3 within there conference.

The question about Pine Lake Prep, as with all Charter schools, how well did they recruit?

How many 2nd and 3rd stringers (great athletes but just not starters at that school) at the Mecklenburg schools decide they want a chance to shine on Friday night and transfer to Pine Lake Prep.? (This is not a put down of them or PLP. I understand their desire.)

So the real question is not just what they have coming back, but also what they have coming in?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT