ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson at Reagan Rematch

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
Well, here we go again. I expect another great game; hopefully this time we play for four quarters instead of three. I'm sure Coach Holcomb will have the boys prepared.

I will probably be pretty wrong on this but....

I like North Davidson to win this one and win it handily. Last time North was incredibly sloppy and let Reagan kick their teeth in... and North still had a chance in that game.

I'm putting my money on the North Davidson Coaches having North very well prepared to execute and play a tight, controlled game. If the the players really buy into the coaching, they can absolutely steal this game. One outlier though....

Will McCray be back and be healthy?

McCray isn't healthy but he'll play. The last time these 2 played ND was sloppy and the refs didn't do them any favors. Reagan is a outstanding team and I like their QB alot so I'm looking forward to this game.

I like North Davidson as well in a very tight game. The Reagan defense regressed last week. I agree with crazyduke, the coaches have seen most of Reagan's high octane passing game and they will be prepared to beat them. I know the coaching staff saw what A.L. Brown did offensively and can unleash on the Reagan Defense. Belk, Hairston & Easter must play their best game. So does the Reagan Defense. Can't allow 42pts!

North Davidson by 7. I think Reagan is a solid team, but I don't think they have the horses to get it done against North twice in the same year.

I like the Black Knights on this one. Nothing against our friends from Reagan as they have a heck of team and are well coached! Whoever wins this one will be the one I will be pulling for to the finish. Good luck to both teams and go CPC!

No doubt that Reagan is the better team - congrats from a Knight - now bring home a trophy!

I think the final was 48-24, I was listening online and didn't hear the very end. Sounds like ND didn't get enough pressure on Reagan QB Easter. He is a very good QB and if you give him time he is gonna beat you. Congrats to Reagan.

This post was edited on 11/21 10:11 PM by BKnights18

48-24 was the final - Reagan is a complete team - hope they can keep it up! 11-2 and losing twice to the eventual state champion wouldn't look so bad!

ouch.............. Reagan put on a show tonight....I am impressed with Reagan's coach. He is doing a heck of a job up at Pfattown! Glad to see someone new at this level of playoff.

Reagan was the better team and proved it twice this year. We had no answer for Easter, and it's nearly impossible to get pressure on him because he checks down to the flats and gets it out so quickly. He can throw the long ball, too... he's the complete package, and he has outstanding wide receivers.

Congrats to the Raiders for moving on and to my Knights for a good season. I'll probably be back in Pfafftown next week.

Are the North Davidson fans gonna blame the Refs again????
roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by johnrobertswsnc:

Are the North Davidson fans gonna blame the Refs again????
roll.r191677.gif

Good game by Reagan. They proved themselves pretty worthy and deserve to be in round 3.Can they overcome the dreaded charlotte strength? I don't know, they have owned Forsyth County for years. Ask poor east forsyth.

For North.... it's pretty tough to swallow the only two loses of the year are to the same team. We had a good squad, but defense just wasn't quite on the level we needed it to be for deep run. Any momentum North started to build, Raiders immediately killed it with their own touch down.

I will say this, having Reagan in conference for years to come (while North get's to remain in 4a) will be very crucial to the next step in development for North to take the next step. The struggle for North for years, and I believe Ramses has seen this well, the pass defense hasn't quite been up to the level needed to take the next step. That isn't to say it hasn't been good, they've had some great DB'S.... but in high school football what separates teams is the passing game and ability to defend against it. With the Raiders around, North is gonna have to learn to be better, but in the long term, it should be a very healthy experience. Some may think I'm out of my mind and there is nothing wrong with North and there isn't per say. But for North to reach state championship level and to win it, this is the next step.

Hey johnroberts, maybe you need to learn to read a little better. There was not a post I read on here after the first matchup with Reagan where ND fans didn't give Reagan props on playing the better game. Now, we did state the obvious that there were some very question PI calls against ND in the first matchup but we clearly stated, including myself, that wasn't the reason ND lost the game. It was penalties and turnovers and mistakes, Reagan played the better game.

Crazyduke, I do agree with you, ND's defense this year was probably not on the level they needed to be to compete for a championship but I wouldn't blame it all on the pass coverage. ND improved a lot over the course of the season but the DB's can only cover so long. I believed ND could have gotten a lot more pressure on Easter. The few times they did pressure him he got a little flustered including getting an intentional grounding call one time in the game. Any good QB is gonna beat you given the time. ND needs to either develop some more pass rushers or send more blitzers when they play teams like Reagan, otherwise they are at risk of getting beat deep. Hope ND can reload for next year and come back strong. I know they have some good skills position players returning on Offense. I think they are losing quite a bit on D and not sure how they will look there. Good luck to Reagan the rest of the way.
This post was edited on 11/22 12:56 PM by BKnights18

Great post.

I think it's fair and it's true this was a problem last night. In pass defense, pressure on quarterbacks is equally important. What fueled such a strong run two years ago was Norths incredible ability to get to the quarterback between Mayton and Shy.

I'm not stupid, I know it's very, VERY hard to be a consistent state championship competitor. But I know the standard Mark is trying to reach is higher than where it is. State is something that is talked about around the program, I've heard it and read it. And it isn't unreasonable. The program isn't far from that level, which speaks volumes about Marks work.

Hey, if we can get the girls softball to compete for a State title so many times, why can't our football guys?

I haven't said it yet, but great job to the North Davidson players, really fantastic season, including the whooping placed on Tabor.

Johnroberts - u are clueless - just like has been stated - NOONE from North ever stated that Reagan didn't deserve to win the first game - bad calls, yes - but Reagan was the better team - just like last night - get over yourself and accept the congratulations being offered!

Agree with Murpheel. Reagan is the better team, Wasn't sure after 1st matchup. Congrats to Reagan and hope you go all the way. Hard to believe that Easter is only recruited as QB by Old Dominion. Strong arm and accurate on the run. Don't care how many so called stars are beside his name...this kid can flat out play.
Thanks to the Knight seniors for some wonderful Friday night memories and best of luck to all you guys.

Okay North Davidson fans, I am not clueless. I have several friends who went off on facebook about the refs costing them the 1st game and my son's twitter was blown up with tons of people gripping about the refs and the calls. I also spoke to several people at the game who had the same attitude. I know North Davidson has a great football team but lets get real, almost everybody from North Davidson were blaming the refs for the first loss!!!

You should probably worry more about Catholic and their Wing-T with a great offensive line. Reagan's weakness is defending the run, so maybe it's time for you to move onto more important matters.

Yes - but you came on THIS board stating that when no ND fan on THIS board said it - I'm sure there were those that did say the ref's cost North the game - but not on here. Sorry for the clueless comment but when most of the posts from ND were positive and congratulatory to Reagan, it kind of hit me the wrong way - still pulling for the Raiders!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT