ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson at East Forsyth

Keep in mind this is hearsay, but I was told he will be playing baseball at Catawba. Any news, kicked off? I trust your info more than others...

Based on what I am being told by extended family, coaches,etc.....I could see Catawba/baseball being the case. HOWEVER, I personally heard a D1 coach say he couldn't understand why Joe didn't have more offers. I think a lot will shake out after signing day. Joe is D1 good, no doubt in my mind.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Everyone keeps talking about this game like East is going to blow ND out by 50 points. I don't think that will be the case because ND's offense is way too good. I watched the ND QB's highlights and he is down right special. Where is he going to play his college ball at ND fans?

I agree that this seems like a bad matchup for ND. But there is something about a QB who just makes things happen. I hope I'm proven wrong but the Butts kid makes me nervous. He threw some very nice balls in the early scrimmage and should feel very comfortable having been on the field with East in that setting the last couple years. I know it's just a scrimmage but mentally I think that make a big difference. I still think the ND D has their hands full trying to stop the running game but if East isn't sharp, shoots themselves in the foot with penalties or turnovers, they could be in for a long night against a very talented QB.

Again, What is bumblebee talking about concerning his Monday post at me? Page gave all teams the blueprint. You're dismissing the way Page beat East Forsyth. Here's the article with stats to refresh your mind. It was the East offense who struggled, it was the East defense who struggled against the run. Page's Leake ran for 242yds. Page also threw on them(26 yd TD) and two other players, other than Leake ran for TD's ... concerning the "Blueprint" Don't expect me, to let you dismiss my comment on the 1st page of this thread without a reply..

I will say East Forsyth will win rather easy because it's a matchup disaster for ND; but Davie, Dudley and Catholic can execute the Page HS Blueprint...and you know it...learn the game, do your homework before attacking my comment.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/pr...cle_b7e9bc25-e04a-5ed5-a98b-0db271d0d585.html

Last edited:
Again, What is bumblebee talking about concerning his Monday post at me? Page gave all teams the blueprint. You're dismissing the way Page beat East Forsyth. Here's the article with stats to refresh your mind. It was the East offense who struggled, it was the East defense who struggled against the run. Page's Leake ran for 242yds. Page also threw on them(26 yd TD) and two other players, other than Leake ran for TD's ... concerning the "Blueprint" Don't expect me, to let you dismiss my comment on the 1st page of this thread without a reply..

I will say East Forsyth will win rather easy because it's a matchup disaster for ND; but Davie, Dudley and Catholic can execute the Page HS Blueprint...and you know it...learn the game, do your homework before attacking my comment.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/pr...cle_b7e9bc25-e04a-5ed5-a98b-0db271d0d585.html

Do my homework?? From you??? After all the stupid stuff you come on here and say, seriously???? Try again. I'll break it down...

East had 7 possessions in the first half. First 6 ended in punts (one of which had the snap go over the punter's head setting Page up at the 20 yard line). The other was the HB pass from Cone to Beal. In the second half they had the ball 5 times (excluding the punt return td), 2 punts, 2 INT and a late rushing TD by Beal. East was 18-41 passing. Bad! For the night, 12 possessions, 8 punts, 2 INT. You don't think offense was a problem?

Now, Page had 323 total yards. Leake had 242 rushing and Jones had 70 passing. Jones also had 2 rushing td from 4 and 5 yards out (not sure who the 2 other players who ran for td are). That adds up to 321, so it's safe to say that this covers all the offense for the night. Leake had 22 carries, so on the other 20 besides the 2 long runs, he had 86 yards and no scores. I would take that all day. Unfortunately, the 2 long TD runs happened, no one can dispute that. But, otherwise, Page had 167 yards for the game. Again, I would take that all day.

Before anyone says "you can't take out the 2 runs", I agree. I get it. They happened. My point is just that on the other 56 plays, East did ok on defense so I'm not sure this is the "blueprint" you are referring to. Break 2 long runs, get a snap over the punter's head to give you a short field and hope East has their worst offensive night in years is your plan? Good luck. I'd love for you to teach me the game of football though since you're always so insightful.

I absolutely think Catholic and Dudley (don't see Davie getting past Dudley) are more than capable of doing what you're talking about though - having sustained drives to take advantage of a thin front 7 and bring a strong defense to slow down the East offense. But we'll worry about that next week. Gotta focus on ND right now.

bumblebee- I think you have a pretty solid feel for that game. I would only add that sometimes yardage totals can be a bit deceiving. You get a lot of short fields and you get less total yards. Like you I watched the game. I think blueprints are nice but the problem is few schools have the tools that Page has to use that blueprint.

When I left that game I thought EF's defense was about at the same level it was last year and that the offense was a notch down. Good enough to score on 80% of the teams in 4a and 4aa but that the school that had the athletes to deal with Beal would give them some issues. After watching Page give Dudley all sorts of problems I had a little higher opinion of EF.

I think EF wins this one in a shoot out. Butts is just one of those guys. Reminds me of Ladowski. You could be up 3 scores but the kid just keeps coming and as good as EF is in the back end the way the game is called these days all it takes is one or two big plays and they are right back in it.

I've seen both of these teams play this year . EF is very good, but certainly beatable . If ND plays to their ability this can be a tight game . If not I see EF running away with it .

EF-37
ND-24

bumblebee- I think you have a pretty solid feel for that game. I would only add that sometimes yardage totals can be a bit deceiving. You get a lot of short fields and you get less total yards. Like you I watched the game. I think blueprints are nice but the problem is few schools have the tools that Page has to use that blueprint.

When I left that game I thought EF's defense was about at the same level it was last year and that the offense was a notch down. Good enough to score on 80% of the teams in 4a and 4aa but that the school that had the athletes to deal with Beal would give them some issues. After watching Page give Dudley all sorts of problems I had a little higher opinion of EF.

I think EF wins this one in a shoot out. Butts is just one of those guys. Reminds me of Ladowski. You could be up 3 scores but the kid just keeps coming and as good as EF is in the back end the way the game is called these days all it takes is one or two big plays and they are right back in it.

The only short field i recall was on the snap over the punter. Their scores were on the 2 long runs, the short field on the bad snap, and 2 solid 3rd qtr drives. I'm pretty sure those 2 drives were the bulk of the yardage. I don't think a lot of short fields were the culprit. I think it was solid D for the most part, with a couple very painful busts mixed in. But enough about Page...

As i said before, Butts does make me nervous. I will say though that East has gotten MUCH better offensively as the year went on as the passing game developed. I think they will look to pound the ball though, limit possessions, keep D fresh and put pressure on ND to score each time. If East plays clean on offense and defense limits explosive plays, East wins by 3 td's. They'll score some because they're good and the kids won't give up like some teams do if they get down a few scores. But i don't think they'll be able to keep up and will end up trying to force something and the turnover bug shows up. Love this time of year!

I think North's defense will have to play the game of their lives to win this one, but there is no doubt that their offense can keep them in it. Mark Holcomb is one of the best coaches in this state and he will come in with a good game plan, it will just be up to the kids to execute it. I do know this though, even with Joe Butts graduating this year, this North Davidson team next year is going to be a BEAST in 2A next year when they drop down.

i could see the East Defense breaking down a few times, the key like any football game really ND offense will have to stay on the field as long as possible and hope the more plays they run they get a few broken plays and can get a touchdown. Could be a very high scoring affair

Reactions: Warhead1
Reminder for those who don't normally go to East Forsyth Games so Oberservers and ND fans.

The East Forsyth parking situation is more than awful on any given night but on game nights you could be stuck walking a mile. I suggest you get there early for good parking and I'm pretty sure the school is expecting a sold out game as it is one of the only games being played in the triad, as well as lots of former students, home for the Holliday. If the game isn't close I also suggest you leave maybe with four minutes left in the fourth quarter unless you plan to stay around for the next hour. Be safe on the drive and enjoy the game

Reminder for those who don't normally go to East Forsyth Games so Oberservers and ND fans.

The East Forsyth parking situation is more than awful on any given night but on game nights you could be stuck walking a mile. I suggest you get there early for good parking and I'm pretty sure the school is expecting a sold out game as it is one of the only games being played in the triad, as well as lots of former students, home for the Holliday. If the game isn't close I also suggest you leave maybe with four minutes left in the fourth quarter unless you plan to stay around for the next hour. Be safe on the drive and enjoy the game

A lot of banter back and forth on this game, but this is fact.

If East Forsyth struggles with the run then I'd pound them I know North Davidson has a great QB, but gotta take what the defense gives you. Too often I see teams getting 5-7 YPC but they try to pass all over the field and end up losing a game they could've won.
I am confident that North Davidson can make it a close game and have a shot to win in the 4th, but they'll have to play very well.

Well aware of the parking situation at east, it is the worst parking I have ever experienced for high school football.

So should East and Catholic both win should I get there at 4 and tailgate for several hours?

CC, WSFCS high schools do not dismiss till 3:40, probably face students exiting at 4 pm. I have attended
Many large crowd games at EF and parking should be plentiful at 6pm, but by 7 the lots will be full and then you are looking at a hike to the stadium. Exiting after the game is the nightmare.

CC, WSFCS high schools do not dismiss till 3:40, probably face students exiting at 4 pm. I have attended
Many large crowd games at EF and parking should be plentiful at 6pm, but by 7 the lots will be full and then you are looking at a hike to the stadium. Exiting after the game is the nightmare.
Oh ok good lol was not trying to leave Charlotte at 2 to try and get there that early.

Liked the game a lot more when it was 3-0 ND. Something happened and it wasn't a good thing....need a redo.

Welp, its just a good ole fashioned butt whooping. East came to play, and they've really shut our offense down. Pick six and fumble killed us, but that's to the credit of east. 35-3 at half

I was afraid it would be bad, but not that bad,

Christian Beal is all that and a bag of chips. Wake is getting a good one.

Now I have to decide on EF - CC or Davie - Dudley next week.

I went to the game and the parking is crazy. I like the play calling from east they are for real. A team with a better OL may give them trouble. Butts from ND has a impressive arm. Threw it 60 yards in warmups one step

What a great game by East Forsyth. One question ND fans? Why didn't your team get there until 30 minutes before kickoff? They didn't leave much time for the kids to warm up. Do you think that could have played a part in ND coming out so flat? All credit to East Forsyth they were fired up for this one.

What a great game by East Forsyth. One question ND fans? Why didn't your team get there until 30 minutes before kickoff? They didn't leave much time for the kids to warm up. Do you think that could have played a part in ND coming out so flat? All credit to East Forsyth they were fired up for this one.

I was wondering the same thing, very strange.

Reactions: Warhead1
We were asking ourselves the same thing. I don't know if that was by design or if there was some kind of problem, but it doesn't look good getting off the bus at 7 and not even fully dressed. Not sure if it had anything to do with the results, though. EF was just superior in nearly every aspect.

We were asking ourselves the same thing. I don't know if that was by design or if there was some kind of problem, but it doesn't look good getting off the bus at 7 and not even fully dressed. Not sure if it had anything to do with the results, though. EF was just superior in nearly every aspect.
I agree that East was a superior team. I just wonder what Coach Holcomb was thinking showing up for a 7:30 kickoff and literally walking off the bus at 7:00pm? I also sit here wondering why is this not being talked about more today? In my mind ND HC put his team in a bad position. They barely got through stretch lines before the national anthem was starting. If he was doing it to play some mind games with the EF team it totally backfired IMO.

I know everyone was wondering where they where, East AD's had the locker rooms set up and gators and goldcarts to move equipment set up by 5:30. East had finished all warmups and back in the lockeroom before ND started warming up. East plays the national anthem at 7:15 so the warmed up for a little less than 10 minutes

I really don't think our arrival time had anything to do with the outcome. Truth be told, we "won" the first series of the game (forced the punt, kicked a FG), it was everything after the first 2-3 minutes that we struggled. I think you might be barking up the wrong tree on this one....

East fumbled snap and over threw a open receiver on the opening series. They stopped them selves. I couldn't understand the arrival time either.

Mark Holcomb is one of the top-10 coaches in the state . His teams are known to warmup at ND and then head over on big away games . They were just out manned and out played . That simple.

Mark Holcomb is one of the top-10 coaches in the state . His teams are known to warmup at ND and then head over on big away games . They were just out manned and out played . That simple.
He may very well be a top 10 coach in the State....but warming up at your school getting on a bus driving to where you are going and not climbing off the bus until 20 min. before kickoff is not smart I don't care who you are. The kids were still doing jumping jacks when the National anthem was starting. I don't care what anyone thinks I really think that played a part in them not looking ready to play. They had no time to even test out the playing surface. Some fields have more of a crown than others but their kids wouldn't have know that cause they didn't line up in any offensive or defensive formations until it was game time. Their QB didn't even throw a live pass in pregame to a WR on the East field. I think it hurt his team more than it helped them. I would just like to know his reasoning for doing it.

He may very well be a top 10 coach in the State....but warming up at your school getting on a bus driving to where you are going and not climbing off the bus until 20 min. before kickoff is not smart I don't care who you are. The kids were still doing jumping jacks when the National anthem was starting. I don't care what anyone thinks I really think that played a part in them not looking ready to play. They had no time to even test out the playing surface. Some fields have more of a crown than others but their kids wouldn't have know that cause they didn't line up in any offensive or defensive formations until it was game time. Their QB didn't even throw a live pass in pregame to a WR on the East field. I think it hurt his team more than it helped them. I would just like to know his reasoning for doing it.
I know what you are saying, but in 2010 on West Forsyth Senior night North Davidson came into our place in Clemons around 715. West was more talented but ND had that swagger that most teams don't have and physically beat us up . The only reason that this is being questioned is because they got beat down Friday night . 6 years ago he did the same thing against a loaded West Forsyth team and whooped up on WF.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT