ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson 35 South Granville 19

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
That was a good game. Closer than the final score, though we left points on the board with a holding for touchdown and two field goals. But at the end of the night we played well enough to get that win.

SG is a great team, Allayjah is a man among boys. Brown is great too, classic triple option QB.

Moving on, let's go to the beach!

That was a good game. Closer than the final score, though we left points on the board with a holding for touchdown and two field goals. But at the end of the night we played well enough to get that win.

SG is a great team, Allayjah is a man among boys. Brown is great too, classic triple option QB.

Moving on, let's go to the beach!
we're about an hours drive from the beach.

I agree, game was much closer than score, if not for the late pick 6......

Two very good football teams fought with everything they had tonight. I will admit, that option was fun to watch, QB is a tough kid, 7 was a beast!

Good Win, get to work Monday, on to East Duplin, gonna take an even better effort next week!

Also want to say nice talking to you before the game tarheelg, nice to meet you.

Last edited:
I thought South Granville was a heck of a football team! For ND to hold that offense to 19 points is nothing short of amazing. The South Granville QB was flat out awesome, IMO, and surely Georgia Tech or Navy have got to be recruiting that kid. He can run that option offense to darn near perfection. That stud RB for SG (#7) is an absolute beast. What a load to try and stop. Plays of the game, IMO, were when ND was up 21-19 and SG scored on the long run to take the lead, however, they were flagged for holding bringing it back. The other was when SG attempted the field goal and a bad snap thwarted that attempt. I was COMPLETELY shocked that the Vikings didn't go for it right there.

Oh well, on to round 4 and a trip to East Duplin. May the best team win!!

I thought South Granville was a heck of a football team! For ND to hold that offense to 19 points is nothing short of amazing. The South Granville QB was flat out awesome, IMO, and surely Georgia Tech or Navy have got to be recruiting that kid. He can run that option offense to darn near perfection. That stud RB for SG (#7) is an absolute beast. What a load to try and stop. Plays of the game, IMO, were when ND was up 21-19 and SG scored on the long run to take the lead, however, they were flagged for holding bringing it back. The other was when SG attempted the field goal and a bad snap thwarted that attempt. I was COMPLETELY shocked that the Vikings didn't go for it right there.

Oh well, on to round 4 and a trip to East Duplin. May the best team win!!
2 is a tough one, I think He was hurt in 1st half and just stayed in and battled through, have to admire that in a youngster!

Don't know how close you are to Salisbury. I can make it there about 3.5 hours .your biggest problem will be working traffic at knocking time around the triangle .sometimes you can come through with out a problem but with the construction and that time of day you may be better to take the scenic route. Sanford that way. Be careful and hoping for a great game

Great to meet bkknights93, I believe it was before the game, have a safe trip next week, going to be another contrast in styles, as I believe East Duplin also is very run heavy with either a Wing T, Wishbone, Power I, or combination of those with the attitude of 'we're going to line up and the run the ball and there's nothing you can do about it'....curious how their defense will do against the spread....glad that SG battled and hung in there; chance to take the lead, trailing by two points, in the red zone in 4th quarter, had plenty of chances and came up short, heard one of our folks say they just hope the ND players knew they that were in a ball game, I was proud of the way our guys responded, when it was 14-0 in the 1st Qtr, there were times when some SG teams from past might have dropped their heads and gone in the tank right then, these guys battled back with an 80 yard drive in 5 plays to get to 14-7....then it would have been just as easy to quit two plays later on the 75 yd run to make it 21-7, but they were resilient and were very much alive still late in 4th, even trailing 28-19 after converting a 4th & 15, really going to miss #7, you could put him at any position on the field on either side of the ball and he's going to dominate, also really going to miss #2, started 38 straight games at QB, hit 1000 yards rushing last night, another guy that could play a lot of positions, he hadn't played much defense all year but he went to safety in 2nd half last night and had 7 tackles and a fumble recovery on only 20 defensive snaps in 2nd half, and a bunch of other seniors that have been starting for 2 or 3 years, including 3 offensive linemen, a couple more guys you saw at RB/DB, and the OLB that got all of the flags at the end, but looking forward to next year, with something like 7 starters on defense returning, will have to develop a new QB and find a couple of new offensive linemen, but that's one of the things that Coach Hobgood has specialized in for more than a decade

2 is a tough one, I think He was hurt in 1st half and just stayed in and battled through, have to admire that in a youngster!
I've seen multiple posts referring to SG QB #2 Tucker Brown as "tough" or "tough as nails" and I can't agree more...I found out a day or two after the game that he battled through Friday night with a stomach bug, and not only played QB for all 63 snaps on offense, carrying the ball 25 times for 155 yards, hitting the 1000 yard mark for season (actually finished with 1131), having probably his best passing nights of the year at 6/12 for 122 yards, but also played defense at safety for all 20 defensive snaps of 2nd half, and made the tackle on 7 of the 20 plays where he was on the field on defense, and also recovered a fumble....yes he is a senior and will be dearly missed by this football program...if you want to see how tough he is, go back to the first three games of his sophomore year before he got moved to QB and was the starting free safety, probably about 5'9, 150-155 back then, and first game of the year, against eventual state champion Rocky Mount, he was team's leading tackler, and half of them were plays where everybody in the front seven got blocked and he was the only one left between the goal line and a RB about the same size as our #7 Allajah Mitchell this year....and North Davidson still might see him again; won't in football but I know the Black Knights also have a great baseball program and so do the Vikings (3rd Rd or better for 10 of last 12 years), so maybe we'll see you in late May 2018....Tucker Brown was an all-state baseball player last year, where's he's another do it all guy; can play anywhere in the infield or the outfield, will be a key arm in this year's pitching rotation, can bring fast ball around 86-87, as a junior struck out 13 of 21 batters faced in 6 IP (against 2 walks) in limited action, and can do it all at the plate; can hit for average (.495 BA last year), hit for power (.646 slugging, 13 XBH), good eye at the plate (13 walks to 8 Ks), can get on base (.565 OBP), can run (16 steals, inside the park HR), can bunt, always hit 2nd, 3rd, or 4th for conference champion and regional runner up, also started every game in RF his sophomore year for state runner up, great clubhouse guy to be a leader, as you could tell from the 3rd Rd football playoff game, good luck to North Davidson and East Duplin this week, no matter what happens; hoping for no serious injuries and for a great ball game

I've seen multiple posts referring to SG QB #2 Tucker Brown as "tough" or "tough as nails" and I can't agree more...I found out a day or two after the game that he battled through Friday night with a stomach bug, and not only played QB for all 63 snaps on offense, carrying the ball 25 times for 155 yards, hitting the 1000 yard mark for season (actually finished with 1131), having probably his best passing nights of the year at 6/12 for 122 yards, but also played defense at safety for all 20 defensive snaps of 2nd half, and made the tackle on 7 of the 20 plays where he was on the field on defense, and also recovered a fumble....yes he is a senior and will be dearly missed by this football program...if you want to see how tough he is, go back to the first three games of his sophomore year before he got moved to QB and was the starting free safety, probably about 5'9, 150-155 back then, and first game of the year, against eventual state champion Rocky Mount, he was team's leading tackler, and half of them were plays where everybody in the front seven got blocked and he was the only one left between the goal line and a RB about the same size as our #7 Allajah Mitchell this year....and North Davidson still might see him again; won't in football but I know the Black Knights also have a great baseball program and so do the Vikings (3rd Rd or better for 10 of last 12 years), so maybe we'll see you in late May 2018....Tucker Brown was an all-state baseball player last year, where's he's another do it all guy; can play anywhere in the infield or the outfield, will be a key arm in this year's pitching rotation, can bring fast ball around 86-87, as a junior struck out 13 of 21 batters faced in 6 IP (against 2 walks) in limited action, and can do it all at the plate; can hit for average (.495 BA last year), hit for power (.646 slugging, 13 XBH), good eye at the plate (13 walks to 8 Ks), can get on base (.565 OBP), can run (16 steals, inside the park HR), can bunt, always hit 2nd, 3rd, or 4th for conference champion and regional runner up, also started every game in RF his sophomore year for state runner up, great clubhouse guy to be a leader, as you could tell from the 3rd Rd football playoff game, good luck to North Davidson and East Duplin this week, no matter what happens; hoping for no serious injuries and for a great ball game
Hate I didn't get to see you on Friday night. I spoke with #7(nice young man) when he came out of the locker room and he said you were already on the other sideline at 6:30. Great game by all involved. I enjoy your insight very much. God Bless

Yes, bkknights93 came over and like I might have told him, there are so many posters on here from ND with similar screen names, I can't keep them all straight, and like I said, maybe we'll meet again down the road in a different sport (or next year in the same one)

Yes, bkknights93 came over and like I might have told him, there are so many posters on here from ND with similar screen names, I can't keep them all straight, and like I said, maybe we'll meet again down the road in a different sport (or next year in the same one)
I would say the softball would certainly be an opportunity!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT